New iPhone Comercial brags about being designed and built by Apple. Obviously a dig at BlackBerry for going more software than hardware. It was for Telus.

Aimed at the Slider for sure

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:31 PM
    I kind of doubt that was their intention

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:37 PM
    Isn't it built at Foxconn?

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-11-15 07:37 PM
    I really don't see that as a direct shot at BlackBerry. It could be aimed at a lot of different companies that outsource their production. But what I find strange is the "and built by Apple" part of that sentence. Apple has been outsourcing their iphone production for years now.
    08-11-15 07:38 PM
    Ya, no. That's just basic Apple marketing.
    08-11-15 07:39 PM
    I really don't see that as a direct shot at BlackBerry. It could be aimed at a lot of different companies that outsource their production. But what I find strange is the "and built by Apple" part of that sentence. Apple has been outsourcing their iphone production for years now.
    I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what it said anyway.

21stNow likes this.
    08-11-15 07:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what it said anyway.

I hope not. That would be really stretching the truth.
    08-11-15 07:43 PM
    Because apple totally planned to make an advert to mock a company with 0.3% market share. Come on OP.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:39 PM
    Probley windows since they making fun of siri lol

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:46 PM
    It was an ad contrasting Android which the phone makers have to modify with their skins to IOS which is made for its hardware. Nothing to do with Blackberry. The design theme has been part of Apple's campaign for a couple years now.
    TGR1 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    08-11-15 08:57 PM
    Only an iDork would post this nonsense.

Posted via Z10
    acovey, Irish Blues, tryfe and 1 others like this.
    08-11-15 09:35 PM
    Idork????? Wow.

The Comercial brags about being hardware-based that works well for the software it created. This, as they say, makes the phone better - in their eyes.

The post was to show that, I think, Apple is already getting the negative ad thing going.

Idork - proud z10 owner the day of launch... Tough guy. There's been a ton of conspiracy out there about a systematic approach to killing BlackBerry off. I thought, this could be another round. Paranoia or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:42 PM
    Terrible post.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:44 PM
    Should be moved to the iphone forum. Has no place here

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-11-15 09:45 PM
    So let me get this straight, iOS is doing rather well, and you think apple felt the need to kick blackberry while it's down by releasing a commercial that specifically takes a jab at blackberry? OOoookay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-15 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry is a non-issue to Apple. No conspiracy to get rid of BlackBerrry. It been imploding for 5 years now. Yeah, the negative press and poor sales are not helping, but, no one - except BlackBerry started the slide down this slippery slope. No pushing was needed.
    08-11-15 10:26 PM
    No need to attack OP guys. While it may not have been their intention to attack BlackBerry, there has in fact been a hardware vs software debate going on with BlackBerry.

What is misleading about the ad is Foxconn in fact has had a hand in making both BlackBerry and iPhone (as well as Playstation 4, X Box One).

Posted with my  Classic
    sirius27 and anon(4067838) like this.
    08-11-15 10:27 PM
    No need to attack OP guys. While it may not have been their intention to attack BlackBerry, there has in fact been a hardware vs software debate going on with BlackBerry.

What is misleading about the ad is Foxconn in fact has had a hand in making both BlackBerry and iPhone (as well as Playstation 4, X Box One).

Posted with my  Classic
    And the iPhone workers are dropping like flies over there. Over worked and underpaid. I hear they got a suicide watch going on there.

08-11-15 10:38 PM
    Hahaha my God, are you being serious OP?

It rained today....obviously a dig at BlackBerry.
    MC_A_DOT, wincyUt and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-11-15 10:45 PM
    And the iPhone workers are dropping like flies over there. Over worked and underpaid. I hear they got a suicide watch going on there.

Yes, but point remains the ad is misleading at best

Posted with my  Classic
    08-11-15 10:54 PM
    You really think that people know where Blackberry stands when it comes to their strategies? Or even iphone strategies?? I really doubt it. The majority of the people out there just go after the device and its features. Thats it.. only phone junkies like us, go on about those details. So I doubt apple or any other company for that matter would spend so much in marketing to target that small percentage.
    21stNow likes this.
    08-11-15 10:56 PM
    Yes, but point remains the ad is misleading at best
    What's misleading about it? Apple is pretty famous for not only designing the hardware but also the machines that make the hardware. They bought a chip design company and employ over 1000 chip engineers. There aren't many generic components in there. A very high percentage of users are on the latest version of their OS unlike Android where fixes for vulnerabilities that were discovered six months ago still have not propagated through the carriers and the manufacturers to most devices.

They synchronize their hardware and OS pretty well. How many of you use iOS financial and social apps that unlock with Touch ID? No more separate passwords to get into these secure apps. The fingerprint hash is stored in the chip under the button and can never leave the device. You would have to have physical access to the chip and even then you would be trying to get something out of a chip that isn't designed to give it up.
    AquaL3o, MO3iusONE and jallister like this.
    08-11-15 11:19 PM
    New iPhone Comercial brags about being designed and built by Apple. Obviously a dig at BlackBerry for going more software than hardware. It was for Telus.

Aimed at the Slider for sure

Posted via CB10
    You have offensive title! Apple slap BlackBerry...hmmm, is it ok if I say I wanna slap you?

Posted via CB10
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    08-11-15 11:51 PM
    This ad clearly targets Android... nobody else competes with Apple...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-11-15 11:55 PM
    What's misleading about it? Apple is pretty famous for not only designing the hardware but also the machines that make the hardware. They bought a chip design company and employ over 1000 chip engineers. There aren't many generic components in there. A very high percentage of users are on the latest version of their OS unlike Android where fixes for vulnerabilities that were discovered six months ago still have not propagated through the carriers and the manufacturers to most devices.

They synchronize their hardware and OS pretty well. How many of you use iOS financial and social apps that unlock with Touch ID? No more separate passwords to get into these secure apps. The fingerprint hash is stored in the chip under the button and can never leave the device. You would have to have physical access to the chip and even then you would be trying to get something out of a chip that isn't designed to give it up.
    That's where I respect iOS a lot. Not only is their OS pretty smooth but they push out their updates in a timely manner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 12:41 AM
55 123