I did want to ask whether this has been fully cleared up? Obviously, it is hard to say whether "Integrity" warnings are real or not without Dtek providing more specifics about what the app or process or issue is.
    Makes me wonder, too, since a downgrade and the upgrade solves the issue. How are we to truly trust it?
    12-08-16 01:41 PM
    Makes me wonder, too, since a downgrade and the upgrade solves the issue. How are we to truly trust it?
    Because it errors on the side of false positive.

There's only one way for a negative, but multiple ways for a positive.
    12-08-16 01:50 PM
    This issue was just addressed by BlackBerry's Chief Security Officer at the end of November in an Inside BlackBerry Blog post. If you haven't already read it yet, here it is.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/11/...e-development/
    12-09-16 01:48 AM
    This appears to now be fixed with the BB security update that happened a couple of days ago.
    12-13-16 06:34 PM
    This appears to now be fixed with the BB security update that happened a couple of days ago.
    Not for me, at least
    12-20-16 12:46 PM
    Not for me, at least
    Perhaps you should consider that your OS actually may BE compromised.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-20-16 04:45 PM
    Perhaps you should consider that your OS actually may BE compromised.
    Well as long as there are no detailed logs that tell one what exactly is detected, I would in doubt vote for the user and say it's a false positive.
    12-20-16 04:51 PM
    Well as long as there are no detailed logs that tell one what exactly is detected, I would in doubt vote for the user and say it's a false positive.
    Personally, I'd do a factory reset.

Detailed logs would, of course, be impossible. Anything more than a checksum would bring a mobile OS to its knees.
    12-20-16 06:44 PM
    Yeah but I would like to know on which systemfile the md5 compare was failing, that's not too much to ask for and definitely already available in the code. So a simple line in detailed view in DTEK would be possible, atm it is like a virus scanner tells me "your system has a virus" but telling which file and "one should reinstall the OS because of one virus" .

With a log of this kind the users here could also compare their errors and perhaps see if there is another false positive and perhaps also find the reason for the same real compromise.
    howarmat, Uzi and FF22 like this.
    12-20-16 10:14 PM
    Yeah but I would like to know on which systemfile the md5 compare was failing, that's not too much to ask for and definitely already available in the code. So a simple line in detailed view in DTEK would be possible, atm it is like a virus scanner tells me "your system has a virus" but telling which file and "one should reinstall the OS because of one virus" .

With a log of this kind the users here could also compare their errors and perhaps see if there is another false positive and perhaps also find the reason for the same real compromise.
    completely agree
    12-20-16 10:24 PM
    completely agree
    In principle, I do too. But since you can't just replace a single system file on an unrootable device, you'd have to do a factory reset anyway.
    12-20-16 11:38 PM
    Or don't have to, as many others report the same file and BlackBerry acknowledges there's another false positive. Just saying.

I like to have more than less information.
    12-23-16 11:44 PM
    Followed the advice and did factory reset. Now the rating is excellent. Five hours well spent setting everything up! However, happy that the result at least issatisfactory And merry christmas to you all!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-16 04:20 PM
    I also got the DTEK OS compromised issue. The fix is easy, so easy that I can't believe nobody have mentioned it (there's no need for factory reset). Maybe you guys have a different problem than mine?

My problem was when I opened DTEK app a few days ago, DTEK complainted that I'm not using a blackberry device, and my OS have been compromised and it showed my rating as poor and asked me to do a factory reset. Luckily I didn't listen to it.

All I need to do to fix the problem was to update the DTEK app from play store, and the problem was fixed. Right now it showed my rating as excellent. I didn't look through all the comments but I thought this would be the first thing someone would have tried. I have turned off the auto update from Playstore (that caused the DTEK to be out of sync with OS version). I have lots of apps and I don't want to update them all the time but I do want some apps to update automatically from app store. Does anyone know any way to selectively auto update apps from play store? The only option I see is update all or none.
    01-04-17 10:37 PM
    I also got the DTEK OS compromised issue. The fix is easy, so easy that I can't believe nobody have mentioned it (there's no need for factory reset). Maybe you guys have a different problem than mine?

My problem was when I opened DTEK app a few days ago, DTEK complainted that I'm not using a blackberry device, and my OS have been compromised and it showed my rating as poor and asked me to do a factory reset. Luckily I didn't listen to it.

All I need to do to fix the problem was to update the DTEK app from play store, and the problem was fixed. Right now it showed my rating as excellent. I didn't look through all the comments but I thought this would be the first thing someone would have tried. I have turned off the auto update from Playstore (that caused the DTEK to be out of sync with OS version). I have lots of apps and I don't want to update them all the time but I do want some apps to update automatically from app store. Does anyone know any way to selectively auto update apps from play store? The only option I see is update all or none.
    Yes. This thread started before said update to the DTEK app was available.
    01-04-17 11:54 PM

That would be a nice feature but it does not exist. I manually update. I probably get Notifications daily that two or three apps have Updates. When I respond, I usually find another one or two or three other apps are also waiting for updates. I then do them manually. I have not updated many of the google apps in months. I would love to just hide them entirely.
    01-05-17 12:19 AM
    Granted I have a Priv rather than a DTEK, but it should be mentioned that mine required a downgrade, THEN an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 07:17 PM
    That would be a nice feature but it does not exist. I manually update. I probably get Notifications daily that two or three apps have Updates. When I respond, I usually find another one or two or three other apps are also waiting for updates. I then do them manually. I have not updated many of the google apps in months. I would love to just hide them entirely.

you can auto update only select apps. Click the menu (3 dots) when you are on a specific app page and should have a checkbox to autoupdate that app
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    01-05-17 07:24 PM
    I have eset, i like their pc antivirus.

only the free one though, I'm not convinced a paid antivirus service is necessary at this point.
    It might be.
    01-06-17 11:20 AM
169 ... 567