IIRC correctly the backup of positioning of icons generally in the BlackBerry Launcher should happen automatically courtesy of the general Android backup/restore mechanism. You can check that something has been backed up by opening Google Drive --> Settings --> Manage backups and you should see BlackBerry Launcher in the list, and the last date/time Android backed it up. Then when you sign into a new device or reset your device it SHOULD just automatically grab this data (as it's associated with your Google ID) and restore everything. There are some things like widgets that I don't believe can be backed up, but the general icon positioning and settings should work I believe. If you're not seeing anything backed up go into System Settings --> Backup & reset and make sure "Back up my data" is ON, and you've got your backup account set to the appropriate Google account. Oh, and auto restore on too
    Thanks for that information.

And I see that BB Launcher is backed up. I thought I had it on in the past but when I used the Autoloader to help Verizon along to MM on my Priv, BB Launcher was pretty much Start-Over. But, again, I THOUGHT it was working and maybe not.

Again, thanks for the answer.

THANKS for being here.
    11-22-16 02:39 PM
    Note that restore will *not* work if you start up with a lower version number.

This will bite you -- hard -- if, for example, you buy one of the AT&T unlocked Privs, come from an unlocked Marshmallow device, and make the mistake of signing into Google *before* the firmware update is detected and downloaded/installed.

In that case you will get exactly nothing back. I had a friend that did exactly this; had a Priv on 6.0.1, broke the screen, got an AT&T unlocked one (new), turned it on, signed into her Google account and then it grabbed the 6.0.1 update.

However, it first had attempted the restore, got nothing, and when the upgrade was complete she had a blank phone...... and was forced to restore all her apps and such by hand.

Neither she or I could find an option to tell it to do the restore *again* once the phone was set up.... unfortunately.
    FF22 and DaBomb6988 like this.
    11-22-16 03:46 PM
    That's a funny one: BlackBerry Blog released an article by their Chief Security Officer about detecting false positives in security software development 🤔
    They should have tested their own DTEK with it and not only software by other devs, so many customer-hours of reinstalling the OS could have been saved.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/11/...e-development/
    Uzi and andy957 like this.
    11-27-16 04:30 PM
    Some news regarding DTEK. An update has appeared on google play today. It is version 1.1.3.385. However, the integrity of OS is compromised still for me. And security status is poor. Phone: STV100-4
    What i have done after the update:
    I have restarted the phone and cleared the cache of DTEK.

Furthermore, just to clarify, because there are some of you guys, that have more red signs on DTEK like priv not being a blackberry device etc. I, for one, only had the OS compromised from the beginning.
    12-02-16 03:28 PM
    Some news regarding DTEK. An update has appeared on google play today. It is version 1.1.3.385. However, the integrity of OS is compromised still for me. And security status is poor. Phone: STV100-4

Furthermore, just to clarify, because there are some of you guys, that have more red signs on DTEK like priv not being a blackberry device etc. I, for one, only had the OS compromised from the beginning.
    You have a different issue. It's more likely to be an accurate reporting by DTEK.
    12-02-16 04:08 PM
    This app update fixed my compromise problem. Good job BlackBerry.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-16 04:10 PM
    This app update fixed my compromise problem. Good job BlackBerry.
    Good news indeed.
    12-02-16 04:11 PM

Maybe it cannot fix the data entry created by the last bug. Maybe it cannot "reset" its internal data.
    12-02-16 04:21 PM
    Had only "OS compromised" on STV100-4 and it's fixed after today's update. Have not done a restart yet, fearing of getting red again

So now I only need device search fixed - but that's a different story in another thread.
    12-02-16 04:29 PM

Just give it a try and uninstall all DTEK updates in Prefs - Apps - DTEK
    Then restart and update DTEK again to newest version.
    12-02-16 04:36 PM
    Just give it a try and uninstall all DTEK updates in Prefs - Apps - DTEK
    Then restart and update DTEK again to newest version.
    I tried following your advice, but to no luck, it's still operating system integrity compromised
    12-03-16 01:31 AM
    Mine still says the OS is compromised. I think it is because I upgraded to marshmallow. Mine DTek app has a note at the bottom that says "your device has been modified by other software." Which makes sense why they way to fix it is to do a factory reset. Still not confident all my info will be backed up. Does google drive backup all blackberry apps? Especially BB Calendar, BB Password Keeper, BB Contacts, and BB Hub ? Has anyone done a factory reset a Priv? Did you lose any info? What did you back your info to?
    12-03-16 05:18 AM
    Mine still says the OS is compromised. I think it is because I upgraded to marshmallow. Mine DTek app has a note at the bottom that says "your device has been modified by other software." Which makes sense why they way to fix it is to do a factory reset. Still not confident all my info will be backed up. Does google drive backup all blackberry apps? Especially BB Calendar, BB Password Keeper, BB Contacts, and BB Hub ? Has anyone done a factory reset a Priv? Did you lose any info? What did you back your info to?
    I can't fully answer your question. If you sync your Contacts and Calendar with Google, Yahoo or Outlook, when you reestablish those accounts, your data should be restored/synced. I believe Password Keeper now has a backup or Export/Import function.

There was a suggestion within the last week that if you use the Backup function in Main Settings, things like Launcher should be restored if you re-use your same ID.

Hopefully, someone can fully answer.
    12-03-16 09:09 AM
    You can see at least what apps save something to google cloud, but sadly you can't see what exactly is backupped : Go google drive App - Prefs -

it's not much listed on PRIV for me at least (above is only a random screenshot from are technica)
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12-03-16 at 09:53 AM.
    FF22, DaBomb6988 and andy957 like this.
    12-03-16 09:25 AM
    There's not much listed for my Priv either. That's why I haven't done a factory reset yet. I tried using a app from the playstore and couldn't get that to work correctly either.
    12-04-16 11:06 AM
    There's not much listed for my Priv either. That's why I haven't done a factory reset yet. I tried using a app from the playstore and couldn't get that to work correctly either.
    The problem with Apps is you have to fully rely on them, even when testing. If they fail they could bollix up all of your data. So how to test before needed and trust that they won't screw up!
    DaBomb6988 likes this.
    12-04-16 03:59 PM
    But the question remains, if this 'fixed' the false positive (which it appears to have done), then how can we be certain moving forward that the results we get are accurate?
    12-04-16 08:21 PM
    But the question remains, if this 'fixed' the false positive (which it appears to have done), then how can we be certain moving forward that the results we get are accurate?
    Accept it for the same reason the sky is blue - it just is.

Either that or consider Dtek a useless piece of hype attempting to protect us from the virus/plague that is Google and Android.
    Uzi and DaBomb6988 like this.
    12-04-16 08:37 PM
    It just is what?
    12-04-16 08:49 PM

Either that or consider Dtek a useless piece of hype attempting to protect us from the virus/plague that is Google and Android.
    The later
    12-04-16 08:50 PM
    And now I am getting a Poor rating. Ironically, this started after the most recent update. I've tried a downgrade and upgrade. I've rebooted...no dice. I will now try clearing the cache.
    12-05-16 07:35 AM
    Couldn't figure out how to clear the cache, but went through the downgrade process again and a notification appeared saying my security status was Excellent. Even upgrading I kept that status. Glad it's fixed, but the whole thing is a real head scratcher.
    FF22, andy957, gizmo21 and 1 others like this.
    12-05-16 07:41 AM
    I just updated to AAH667 on my AT&T locked Priv a d my Dtek app now says my OS is compromised Integrity of OS Compromised-121430.jpg I haven't tried downgrading the app and then updating again. It's my next step.
    12-08-16 06:52 AM
    I just updated to AAH667 on my AT&T locked Priv a d my Dtek app now says my OS is compromised Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121430.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	413744 I haven't tried downgrading the app and then updating again. It's my next step.
    I had to do the downgrade/update process a few times before it finally 'took'. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 08:02 AM
    I did want to ask whether this has been fully cleared up? Obviously, it is hard to say whether "Integrity" warnings are real or not without Dtek providing more specifics about what the app or process or issue is.
    12-08-16 08:53 AM
169 ... 4567