I'm not a developer or anything but the hardware message leads me to think it's an app issue and not an actual OS compromise.

But that's just my two cents...
    Agreed I'm thinking it is app issue rather than os issue
    11-16-16 09:32 PM
    Not that ridiculous as one could transfer the DTEK app to an standard android device (like cobalt did with the whole suite) that has not the hardware baked in root of trust:

"BlackBerry�s Hardware Root of Trust, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform.

Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven�t been tampered with" taken from:
    PRIV is for Private: How BlackBerry Secures the Android Platform | Inside BlackBerry

But it is clearly a false-positive if such a message is shown on a BlackBerry device.
    Well, BB has certainly broken the "root of trust" by releasing awful software and makes one totally doubt the OS' integrity.

Now if they had more than one software engineer working on devices, this might be solved sooner than the AT&T No Service issue. But otherwise expect months for a fix.

Sorry, yes, that cynical at the moment.
    gizmo21, Uzi and Matt J like this.
    11-16-16 09:58 PM
    No issues with mine. Apparently. That said, I still don't have the November update, and how do we know that 'Excellent' status is really accurate when so many are listed as poor?

Is the phone compromised or is the DTEK App just whack?

So many questions
    Attached Thumbnails Integrity of OS Compromised-screenshot_20161116-233427.jpg  
    11-16-16 10:38 PM
    No issues with mine. Apparently. That said, I still don't have the November update, and how do we know that 'Excellent' status is really accurate when so many are listed as poor?

Is the phone compromised or is the DTEK App just whack?

So many questions
    That's the point or the issue. What good is Dtek if you can't trust it. False Positives??? or maybe worse False NEGATIVES!
    11-16-16 11:18 PM
    Exactly. False negative. That's what I was trying to say. Thanks.
    11-17-16 12:25 AM
    DTek just realized that it's running on Android.

Posted via CB10
    Matt J, Mikey_NNG and AL8x B like this.
    11-17-16 05:49 AM
    So I just got an email from Blackberry telling me that the ONLY way to fix the DTEK issue is to do a factory reset. Bogus!
    11-17-16 12:52 PM
    So I just got an email from Blackberry telling me that the ONLY way to fix the DTEK issue is to do a factory reset. Bogus!
    Ridiculous. Until it happens again? Fix the problem right.
    11-17-16 01:14 PM
    ...as of right now.

I'd wait for an update to the app.
    11-17-16 01:23 PM
    ...as of right now.

I'd wait for an update to the app.
    That's what I'm thinking too!
    11-17-16 01:43 PM
    Mine was fine yesterday and "Operating system integrity " bad today. Phone works fine.
    11-18-16 04:03 PM
    Mine was fine yesterday and "Operating system integrity " bad today. Phone works fine.
    Yes, it just comes out of the blue. Do you recall installing or updating any apps since yesterday?
    11-18-16 04:06 PM
    Yes, it just comes out of the blue. Do you recall installing or updating any apps since yesterday?
    Or did you do a restart?
    11-18-16 09:30 PM
    Hmmm I'm trying to 'broke' my dtek app still cannot do it lol , install fb messenger uninstall it still good status , I even install drammer apk before still my os not compromised
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-16 09:46 PM
    Hmmm I'm trying to 'broke' my dtek app still cannot do it lol , install fb messenger uninstall it still good status , I even install drammer apk before still my os not compromised
    <offtopic> Out of curiosity, is PRIV with Nov16 update still vulnerable as far as this app tells you?
    /blackberry-android-os-f456/android-rooting-possible-dirty-cow-drammer-rowhammer-1089834/
    11-18-16 10:38 PM
    <offtopic> Out of curiosity, is PRIV with Nov16 update still vulnerable as far as this app tells you?
    /blackberry-android-os-f456/android-rooting-possible-dirty-cow-drammer-rowhammer-1089834/
    As per November update the drammer apk can't be installed 'apps not installed ' message
    11-18-16 10:42 PM
    Hhm, security by obscurity is never the best solution - thx </offtopic>
    11-18-16 10:44 PM
    Careful what you wish for!
    11-18-16 11:16 PM
    Hi folks - Just wanted to chime in here quickly. The team is actively working through this one and we should have a fix out soon. The particular issue here is actually a false positive report, and we'll be updating our reporting to not surface this one (and a few others we discovered). We appreciate the reports, and your patience as we work through getting a fix pushed out to everyone.
    Matt J, howarmat, Uzi and 7 others like this.
    11-22-16 09:43 AM
    There was a bunch as I had just gotten the phone.

I'm glad to see that it is now acknowledged by BB. I have a bunch of accounts and definitely do not want to do a factory reset.
    Last edited by sparrow300; 11-22-16 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Quote
    11-22-16 10:38 AM
    There was a bunch as I had just gotten the phone.

I'm glad to see that it is now acknowledged by BB. I have a bunch of accounts and definitely do not want to do a factory reset.
    Factory resets are a lot of work. You need to dedicate 3 to 4 hours before your phone is back to normal operation. Then it might take another day or two for battery life to settle in
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 10:40 AM
    Hi folks - Just wanted to chime in here quickly. The team is actively working through this one and we should have a fix out soon. The particular issue here is actually a false positive report, and we'll be updating our reporting to not surface this one (and a few others we discovered). We appreciate the reports, and your patience as we work through getting a fix pushed out to everyone.
    Thanks for the update on what's happening.

Now, if I could take this opportunity to ask that there be a way to BACKUP/RESTORE our "settings/icons/widgets" for BB Launcher it would really be appreciated. You don't have to answer but just have the team maybe consider this request. Thanks.
    zephyr613 and DaBomb6988 like this.
    11-22-16 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the update on what's happening.

Now, if I could take this opportunity to ask that there be a way to BACKUP/RESTORE our "settings/icons/widgets" for BB Launcher it would really be appreciated. You don't have to answer but just have the team maybe consider this request. Thanks.
    And while we're at it, let's not forget HUB integration for BBM Enterprise!
    11-22-16 01:43 PM
    Thanks Cody for acknowledging the false-positive and reporting the update.
    11-22-16 01:53 PM
    IIRC correctly the backup of positioning of icons generally in the BlackBerry Launcher should happen automatically courtesy of the general Android backup/restore mechanism. You can check that something has been backed up by opening Google Drive --> Settings --> Manage backups and you should see BlackBerry Launcher in the list, and the last date/time Android backed it up. Then when you sign into a new device or reset your device it SHOULD just automatically grab this data (as it's associated with your Google ID) and restore everything. There are some things like widgets that I don't believe can be backed up, but the general icon positioning and settings should work I believe. If you're not seeing anything backed up go into System Settings --> Backup & reset and make sure "Back up my data" is ON, and you've got your backup account set to the appropriate Google account. Oh, and auto restore on too
    FF22, howarmat and DaBomb6988 like this.
    11-22-16 02:30 PM
169 ... 34567