Forgot I even had DTEK on my phone til I read this. Always thought the app was useless, but I suppose I would think that until something goes wrong.
    You should look at it once in a while. It will amaze you. Look at how many times your apps access your location. You can shut that app nonsense down.
    11-15-16 07:01 PM
    So i'm joining the club of Priv users having no OS integrity. I'm pretty sure that this has happened after the November 6th patch (AAH505). I'm using EU model STV100-4. Deleting all the updates of DTEK didn't help. I am a bit reserved about factory reset, but if there is no fix in coming days, I'll probably try
    enb123 likes this.
    11-16-16 02:29 AM
    It slowly seems all BlackBerry devices get "compromised". If this issue is no false positive, BlackBerrys are hit by an massive android attack on OS level
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11-16-16 at 09:21 AM.
    11-16-16 04:51 AM
    You should look at it once in a while. It will amaze you. Look at how many times your apps access your location. You can shut that app nonsense down.
    Just opened it this morning and it turns out my OS is compromised as well lmao.
    11-16-16 05:45 AM
    It looks more and more to not be a false-positive,
    i've just boot up in safe mode, which is supposed to tell us if the issue is caused by a third-party apps and still the same status.

May be all Android users is targeted as well but as we have Dtek, we are the only ones who are aware of it.
    11-16-16 08:07 AM
    It looks more and more to not be a false-positive,
    i've just boot up in safe mode, which is supposed to tell us if the issue is caused by a third-party apps and still the same status.

May be all Android users is targeted as well but as we have Dtek, we are the only ones who are aware of it.
    ...or it's the DTEK app itself.
    11-16-16 08:40 AM
    As we don't have the details of what is "compromised" exactly we can only assume how this part of the DTEK function is working. If it is e.g. generating checksums of OS important files it could be some of those files got updated perhaps with some google own apps and DTEK is not aware of it and so reporting a false positive. All just a guess, but I recently updated the Google WebView app which is kind of integrated into the OS and so a checksum of that could have been changed.
    <speculation off>
    11-16-16 09:29 AM
    This really needs to be on BB's HOT LIST for a fix. Either the detection is flawed and scaring people or the phone is too easily compromised while being called secure.

In addition, the process to wipe and reload is not clear. No one knows what is being backed up and restored fully. Being forced to rely on the Cloud makes some people feel that is also a security flaw. Better tools are needed and information of what is really happening is necessary.
    Uzi, zephyr613 and DaBomb6988 like this.
    11-16-16 09:38 AM
    FWIW I've been checking everyday since I loaded MM via autoloader last week (7 days now) and everyday I've gotten a rating of Excellent. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if wiping then loading had anything to do with it.

zephyr613 likes this.
    11-16-16 10:02 AM
    I just got the message from DTEK that my OS was compromised. The only thing that happened since I last check (this morning) was that PayPal was updated.

I will try uninstalling PayPal and see what happens.
    11-16-16 01:40 PM
    Nope. Not PayPal. Did a hard reset, still compromised. This is BS. So, officially my Priv is not secure?!
    11-16-16 01:44 PM
    This really needs to be on BB's HOT LIST for a fix. Either the detection is flawed and scaring people or the phone is too easily compromised while being called secure.

In addition, the process to wipe and reload is not clear. No one knows what is being backed up and restored fully. Being forced to rely on the Cloud makes some people feel that is also a security flaw. Better tools are needed and information of what is really happening is necessary.
    I am not going to spend hours backing up and restoring. You never know when this will happen again.
    11-16-16 01:49 PM
    DTEK by BlackBerry reporting the operating system has been comprised

Pending when I looked, 15:15 EST but supposed to be published soon.
    Mikey_NNG and gizmo21 like this.
    11-16-16 02:18 PM
    Just opened it this morning and it turns out my OS is compromised as well lmao.
    Restored to Factory settings... and restored everything. All is well now...
    newcollector likes this.
    11-16-16 02:26 PM

Published now, but doesn't tell us anything we don't know other than the current workaround is a factory reset.
    11-16-16 02:37 PM
    Yeah.

I'm just a curious PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876 bystander
    11-16-16 02:43 PM
    I refuse to do a factory reset. That is preposterous. What if it happens again next week? Another 3 hours of work?
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-16-16 03:11 PM
    "This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable."

Looooooool 😂. Blackberry doing Blackberry things.
    11-16-16 03:18 PM

So much for security. This should be the company's biggest priority right now. Reputation is everything. Imagine the field day the media would have with that screenshot!?
    11-16-16 03:19 PM
    Shoot, I never have problems wiff any of my 5 Windows systems...
    11-16-16 03:50 PM
    As long as I'm using the factory version, I'm at excellent. As soon as the app updates, it goes back to poor.
    11-16-16 03:58 PM
    As long as I'm using the factory version, I'm at excellent. As soon as the app updates, it goes back to poor.
    Not me. The factory version still shows compromised.
    11-16-16 04:00 PM

Never mind the security is compromised. Some folks with BB's are getting a message it is Not a bb device. What kind of BS application is Dtek?
    11-16-16 04:13 PM

Their main bread and butter is SOFTWARE. I hope they don't starve!!!!
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-16-16 04:14 PM
    Their main bread and butter is SOFTWARE. I hope they don't starve!!!!
    I manage a large number of Privs and DTEKs, and I have never experienced this issue. Let's keep this in perspective.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-16-16 04:34 PM
169 12345 ...