Is everyone with this problem on a Verizon Priv that's been updated to AAH376?

Does anyone use apps such an Norton security or anything like that? I'm so paranoid about hacking of sensitive materials and keeping my stuff secure.
    Common sense, multi-factor authentication and good passwords should work wonders.
    11-13-16 11:48 PM
    I have a STV100-4 and am still on AAG853
    11-13-16 11:56 PM
    Update on AAH505 has just arrived here but did not fix the integrity problem in DTEK-app.
    11-14-16 05:17 AM
    Are any of you having this problem, installing or have installed ANY "anti-virus" apps? If so, and I can't repeat this enough, do NOT install any of these or any "cleaning" apps on your device. They are absolutely unnecessary and DO NOT WORK. There are no known or unknown OTA android viruses in the wild, laying in wait to attack your device. Installing any of these style app is in essence installing malware and viruses on your device, the very thing you're dreading most.

Delete any anti-virus, cleaning, monitoring, memory or any cleaning app from your device, and reboot. If there's something that you installed recently, uninstall it and reboot.
    Wezard likes this.
    11-14-16 07:08 AM
    Is everyone with this problem on a Verizon Priv that's been updated to AAH376?

Common sense, multi-factor authentication and good passwords should work wonders.
    No sir, happened to my DTEK50. See the 2nd message in this thread. Essentially, after the "OS Integrity is Comprised" warning came up after a wipe and clean install. I called BlackBerry 12 month 24/7 support. They went through everything with me. Their response was when I set the phone up there must have been an issue as I updated 30+ apps while downloading a few apps and updated HUB, Contacts, etc. They took logs and said on their side the was no compromise and the DTEK app was reading wrong. To fix, I was advised you MUST do another wipe and Factory Reset. Do things in steps.

-Sign in
    -Update All Apps (just let it go)
    -Then install apps once updates are done
    -Then begin to change settings and/or disable what you'd like, etc.

I did that, and everything worked just fine afterwards. I think I just pushed it and it glitches the other time..
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-16 07:59 AM
    @mecca EL: None of those snakeoil apps installed, rely on BlackBerry security only, but now I'm punked.
    11-14-16 08:17 AM
    @gizmo did you by chance uninstall Facebook. Messenger?
    11-14-16 08:19 AM
    No sir, happened to my DTEK50. See the 2nd message in this thread. Essentially, after the "OS Integrity is Comprised" warning came up after a wipe and clean install. I called BlackBerry 12 month 24/7 support. They went through everything with me. Their response was when I set the phone up there must have been an issue as I updated 30+ apps while downloading a few apps and updated HUB, Contacts, etc. They took logs and said on their side the was no compromise and the DTEK app was reading wrong. To fix, I was advised you MUST do another wipe and Factory Reset. Do things in steps.

-Sign in
    -Update All Apps (just let it go)
    -Then install apps once updates are done
    -Then begin to change settings and/or disable what you'd like, etc.

I did that, and everything worked just fine afterwards. I think I just pushed it and it glitches the other time..
    And that sounds like the answer. Dtek program/app has a problem and it would be nice if they fixed it. The current FIX is too costly in terms of time, wipe, reload, reset settings, etc, and stress to the user.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-14-16 09:45 AM
    @gizmo did you by chance uninstall Facebook. Messenger?
    Nope, not even installed one of both (if you mean facebookMessenger)
    "but how can you live without "

If it's for "google Messenger" I have not installed latest app update (I'm on V 1.9.035), but could this be the case?

@F2 that's why I said I won't be doing the wipe and rather wait for an app update to fix the false positive.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11-14-16 at 10:29 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-16 10:12 AM
    Nope, not even installed one of both (if you mean facebookMessenger)
    "but how can you live without "

If it's for "google Messenger" I have not installed latest app update (I'm on V 1.9.035), but could this be the case?

@F2 that's why I said I won't be doing the wipe and rather wait for an app update to fix the false positive.
    If there's a software fix issued. The bug has been around for a while but maybe they are just acknowledging it. That's why I suggested that she call BB and report it, too. More reports on their SECURITY assuring app, the sooner they address it.

Having just used an Autoloader, I do not like wiping and having to restore. It takes, at least, hours and I'm still tweaking it back.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-14-16 10:41 AM
    I had greenify and avast installed before the MM update. After the update avast was disabled and I couldn't get it to open and greenify didn't seem like it did anything. So I uninstalled them. The only reason I ever installed avast was because I fell for one of those web pages that say your device has a virus etc etc and wanted to get my phone scanned
    naijab0y likes this.
    11-14-16 05:58 PM
    And that sounds like the answer. Dtek program/app has a problem and it would be nice if they fixed it. The current FIX is too costly in terms of time, wipe, reload, reset settings, etc, and stress to the user.
    Yeah, I don't think any phone is really made to update and install 40+ apps at a time. I think as people are buying DTEK50s now, there is a lot to Update right out of the box. Not sure there is an alternative.
    11-14-16 10:41 PM
    Talked with Blackberry for almost two hours today. Did a bunch of tests in and out of safe mode. Still showing a poor security status. They have no clue. Right now they're suggesting I do a full factory reset. They're supposed to be calling me again tomorrow.
    11-14-16 11:09 PM
    If we could take detailed logs of what DTEK is marking as compromised or access the logs being made by DTEK, perhaps the crowd here could find out the reason. But as long as DTEK is a blackbox we can only hope for BlackBerry to find the solution.

Btw the app is called com.blackberry.privacydashboard if someone is into searching on the device.
    11-14-16 11:15 PM
    Talked with Blackberry for almost two hours today. Did a bunch of tests in and out of safe mode. Still showing a poor security status. They have no clue. Right now they're suggesting I do a full factory reset. They're supposed to be calling me again tomorrow.
    FYI, the time difference between a factory data reset and and a complete OS reload via autoloader is negligible, if any at all.
    11-15-16 06:20 AM
    It's pretty ironic that Blackberry is naming their phones after a software application that has a bug.
    FYI - for what its worth, if you go back to the factory version of DTEK the app works fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 09:40 AM
    It's pretty ironic that Blackberry is naming their phones after a software application that has a bug.
    FYI - for what its worth, if you go back to the factory version of DTEK the app works fine.
    How would I get back to the factory version of the app?
    11-15-16 10:33 AM
    Go to settings click on Apps, click on DTEK and under settings remove all app updates.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 10:42 AM
    Go to settings click on Apps, click on DTEK and under settings remove all app updates.
    Yep, that worked. I'm back at an excellent rating. How trustworthy is that, do you think?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 11:22 AM
    I think that your excellent rating is trustworthy.
    11-15-16 11:24 AM
    Sadly that's not working for my EU STV100-4 , after deinstall still compromised.
    11-15-16 12:06 PM
    Going to the factory original in the app didn't work for me either
    11-15-16 03:54 PM
    TyW of BlackBerry supportforum shared this CB-thread internally, but insists on factory reset "for now" .

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/td-p/3200662
    11-15-16 04:13 PM
    So far so good. If I'm on the factory version of the app, I'm at excellent rating. As soon as I do any of the available updates I'm back at poor rating. The BlackBerry guy yesterday told me that the excellent rating would be a false positive. Whatever!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-16 05:28 PM
    Forgot I even had DTEK on my phone til I read this. Always thought the app was useless, but I suppose I would think that until something goes wrong.
    11-15-16 06:33 PM
169 1234 ...