In the DTEK app on my Priv I get this since the Verizon MM update. Is this normal? Should I do a factory reset?
    Attached Thumbnails Integrity of OS Compromised-114305.jpg  
    11-12-16 08:09 AM
    No and yes.
    11-12-16 09:14 AM
    Same thing in my DTEK50 and had nothing to do with Verizon as I'm with AT&T. I had done a Factory Reset because I was rerunning to ShopBlackBerry and my DTEK60 was coming. There was a delay in its arrival so turned the DTEK50 back on. When I entered my account info I had like 30+ apps to update. Based on discussions with BlackBerry Support it had something to do with the Update All process and although the DTEK App said the OS was comprised, it was not. The ONLY was I was able to fix it was a Factory Reset and starting from scratch. No restores to avoid it possibly happening again. It's simply a glitch. You prob need a Factory Reset. Update apps first while just letting it sit. After apps are updated then start to download you apps and set up your phone however you personalize it. Was a major pain in the rear, but was all I could do to get the DTEK app to show as secure
    11-12-16 09:40 AM
    Same thing in my DTEK50 and had nothing to do with Verizon as I'm with AT&T. I had done a Factory Reset because I was rerunning to ShopBlackBerry and my DTEK60 was coming. There was a delay in its arrival so turned the DTEK50 back on. When I entered my account info I had like 30+ apps to update. Based on discussions with BlackBerry Support it had something to do with the Update All process and although the DTEK App said the OS was comprised, it was not. The ONLY was I was able to fix it was a Factory Reset and starting from scratch. No restores to avoid it possibly happening again. It's simply a glitch. You prob need a Factory Reset. Update apps first while just letting it sit. After apps are updated then start to download you apps and set up your phone however you personalize it. Was a major pain in the rear, but was all I could do to get the DTEK app to show as secure
    Just using your reply as a jumping off point and not directed at you....

BB claims to be a Software Company. Then why the heck is Dtek giving false alerts that can only be fixed by doing an entire Factory Reset which means WIPING the device. Then having to reload everything and not only reload but CAREFULLY reload. They need to FIX Dtek so that it can clear such errors without having to wipe the entire device. Or fix it by not detecting false alarms in the first place.

Okay, I'm finished!
    11-12-16 09:55 AM
    What's the best way to back up my phone before a factory reset? Mainly concerned with wifi passswords and my BlackBerry password Keeper app.
    11-12-16 10:31 AM
    What's the best way to back up my phone before a factory reset? Mainly concerned with wifi passswords and my BlackBerry password Keeper app.
    You can export Password Keeper data and then import.

I'm not sure if using the built-in Backup (Main Settings, backup) stores the info you mentioned.
    11-12-16 11:22 AM

BB claims to be a Software Company. Then why the heck is Dtek giving false alerts that can only be fixed by doing an entire Factory Reset which means WIPING the device. Then having to reload everything and not only reload but CAREFULLY reload. They need to FIX Dtek so that it can clear such errors without having to wipe the entire device. Or fix it by not detecting false alarms in the first place.

Okay, I'm finished!
    they do seem to be having more and more false alarms. Whats worse is like you said you can spend an hour or more having to possible lose data doing a backup and restore for no good reason as you cant clear this any other way.

if it was me I would just disable the app. Cause I am sure i would make it flag my system in some way. The app is to buggy and doesnt really do anything that I dont already do myself for the most part when I install apps and monitor them.
    FF22 and Matt J like this.
    11-12-16 11:43 AM

Okay, I'm finished!
    The fact of the matter is, the OS failed a checksum test of integrity. DTEK can't tell you why because that capability would grind your device to a halt under that level of monitoring.

Some apps out there are poorly coded, and could cause this.

It's simply safer to do the factory reset. With Google Cloud backup, it's not really so bad.
    11-12-16 12:07 PM
    The fact of the matter is, the OS failed a checksum test of integrity. DTEK can't tell you why because that capability would grind your device to a halt under that level of monitoring.

Some apps out there are poorly coded, and could cause this.

It's simply safer to do the factory reset. With Google Cloud backup, it's not really so bad.
    I may be wrong but I won't accept that from a GOOD software company or from a secure phone. Something is wrong with its analysis and there should be an easier way to fix things.
    11-12-16 12:25 PM
    I may be wrong but I won't accept that from a GOOD software company or from a secure phone. Something is wrong with its analysis and there should be an easier way to fix things.
    If it failed a checksum, the OS has been compromised. Plain and simple.

One can argue whether the particular change is minor or major, but it is what it is.

DTEK60 / Z30
    11-12-16 12:28 PM
    Yep. Conite is correct.

You could keep a second, known-correct checksum copy around but even that only tells you which file got banged -- not whether whatever got banged is going to screw you or not. The latter is very, very hard to determine via any sort of machine process (hell, it's hard to figure out by going through the file by hand if someone gets tricky about it!)
    11-12-16 02:25 PM
    In the DTEK app on my Priv I get this since the Verizon MM update. Is this normal? Should I do a factory reset?
    Same thing happened to me today. Took my phone to AT&T. They had no clue about anything, but they did disable/enable the DTEK and uninstalled cleaning apps (360 security) from my phone and so far so good. No issues since. They told me not to use apps like 360. Is that true? Do apps like this really threaten the security and compromise the security?
    11-12-16 09:18 PM
    personaly i never run stuff like that but it should cause any issues really either
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-12-16 09:22 PM
    Well, that didn't take too long. It has happened again! Frustrating beyond belief.
    Attached Thumbnails Integrity of OS Compromised-105651.jpg  
    11-13-16 09:36 AM
    With Google Cloud backup, it's not really so bad.
    3+ hours to get the phone back to where it was, and thats with only 41 TOTAL apps, (including the factory ones) which all have to update, restoring texts and emails, (google clould will not do that).
    11-13-16 11:41 AM
    Sounds like I'm in for a fun afternoon then
    11-13-16 12:05 PM
    Damn got that too now, could it be this prevents my Nov update too, or can it be fixed through an OTA OS update?

The only thing I can think of i did differently then last month is searching for updates using that CHECKIN USSD code.
    11-13-16 05:35 PM
    Damn got that too now, could it be this prevents my Nov update too, or can it be fixed through an OTA OS update?

The only thing I can think of i did differently then last month is searching for updates using that CHECKIN USSD code.
    The only thing I did different in the past 24 hours is turn if off. It was fine last night, I shut it down, turned it on this morning, did the DTEK update from the play store, and have been getting this poor status since then.
    11-13-16 05:43 PM
    I cleared DTEK cache and data and removed app to factory level and updated again - no fix . They should at least point to the place/file... where OS "was compromised" in their eyes.

I ignore this now as factory resets is no option for me now and I hope this doesn't block sec patches.
    11-13-16 06:04 PM
    it shouldnt matter when getting the monthly updates. just an annoyance i would imagine nagging you. You can just disable the app
    11-13-16 06:42 PM
    Anyone knows how to access (e.g. filemanager) the DTEK app logfile that is mentioned with filesize in the DTEK prefs?
    11-13-16 06:48 PM
    Just ignore it not worth the hassle in my opinion, I even not using dtek on my Priv lol
    11-13-16 09:13 PM
    Does anyone use apps such an Norton security or anything like that? I'm so paranoid about hacking of sensitive materials and keeping my stuff secure.
    11-13-16 09:25 PM
    True and don't forget that for Joe Q. User who might not be technical or not looking online for solutions, this would be even worse.
    11-13-16 10:31 PM
    I have eset, i like their pc antivirus.

only the free one though, I'm not convinced a paid antivirus service is necessary at this point.
    11-13-16 10:32 PM
169 123 ...