Welcome the... PRIV APPEAL, now forget the SIX APPEAL
    10-02-15 09:37 PM

I think the screen better upside
    10-02-15 09:50 PM
    @usman_hidayat19 really? lol

If BlackBerry is watching, if you need someone to do some free work for you hit me up lmao...
    pat-wallace and Uzi like this.
    10-02-15 10:02 PM
    Taking the screen size into consideration between the S6 EDGE+ and S6 EDGE, I've incorporated it into the Priv, and measure the phone and once again it comes in again at 9.498mm which to that I'll say it's off by lets say 0.05mm give or take so lets round that up to 9.5mm.Thoughts?...
    I also got about 9.5 mm by comparing scaled renders. I used renders from the Phone Area since they also provided scaled image comparisons and the dimensions. You can find the Leap there too:
    BlackBerry Leap vs BlackBerry Z30 - Visual phone size compare
    10-02-15 10:14 PM
    I also got about 9.5 mm by comparing scaled renders. I used renders from the Phone Area since they also provided scaled image comparisons and the dimensions. You can find the Leap there too:
    BlackBerry Leap vs BlackBerry Z30 - Visual phone size compare
    I'm confident to say I believe it'll be 145 x 75 x 9.5 based on my math.

The leap is on there but not the official blackberry render which is what I used for all of them. Sadly.
    10-02-15 10:22 PM
    OK, so I actually see the rendering now, blocked at work. Very nicely done.

The 145mm number seems to match up with this estimate here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1039171/

With that being said, when closed it's about the size of a Classic but a tad bit taller. Should be fairly comfortable to use with one hand.
    10-02-15 10:29 PM
    OK, so I actually see the rendering now. Very nicely done.

The 145mm number seems to match up with this estimate here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1039171/

With that being said, when closed it's about the size of a Classic but a tad bit taller. Should be fairly comfortable to use with one hand.
    TWSS!!
    10-02-15 10:30 PM
    OK, so I actually see the rendering now. Very nicely done.

If you take the renders found on blackberry.com you will be able to tell that the phone itself is 145 x 75 if you resize the height and keep the ratio the same in photoshop the width automatically becomes 75.

so, with that the thickness is 9.5

it's about 4+ mm taller and 3 mm wider than the z30, and a hair strand thicker.

it should be a good looking device + one handed depending on what you're used too. I'm used to handling a Note 4 so this should be a walk in the park.

but serious blackberry needs to really reveal this thing,

TWSS!!
    TWSS????
    10-02-15 10:36 PM
    If you take the renders found on blackberry.com you will be able to tell that the phone itself is 145 x 75 if you resize the height and keep the ratio the same in photoshop the width automatically becomes 75.

so, with that the thickness is 9.5

it's about 4+ mm taller and 3 mm wider than the z30, and a hair strand thicker.

it should be a good looking device + one handed depending on what you're used too. I'm used to handling a Note 4 so this should be a walk in the park.

but serious blackberry needs to really reveal this thing,

TWSS????
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=TWSS lol
    10-02-15 10:39 PM
    I disagree. The Z10 was the perfect size. Really disappointed that we can't get an updated, one hand friendly phone. A 4.2 to 4.5 inch screen with a slide out keyboard would have me digging out my wallet as fast as I could.

Posted via CB10
    I use my Z30 one-handed on a daily basis and don't have particularly large hands.. Actually pretty small really. I felt the same way about the Z10 at the time but forced myself to use a Z30 for a week and then I couldn't go back to the size of the Z10. If you're just saying that without giving the Z30 a legitimate chance then that's not really a fair assessment. Again, I felt the exact same way, my brother aswell, he too went to the Z30 from the Z10. It was tough at first but now he can't go back and neither can I. Just give it a chance before writing it off.
    10-02-15 10:40 PM

btw incase people missed it... I got the idea for the above image from this:

Lieuandy likes this.
    10-02-15 10:51 PM
    My classic definition of an one-hand capable phone is that when I hold the phone in my hand, my thumb can reach all four corners of the screen with minimal device movement, in essence my thumb can reach the top diagonal corner. The last phone I had that passed this test was the Pre 3, with its 3.7". Classic actually fails this test, I barely reach the opposite edge, let alone the diagonal corner. However it is fine because I have the trackpad, which helps tremendously. I would imagine the Priv to be not bad as well, especially with the touch sensitive keyboard to assist with one hand navigation.

The other thing I require for slider phones is that I can operate the slide with one hand, not by pressing my thumb on the screen but use a finger to push along the edge. This is where it might get tricky if it's only 9.5mm thick and very tall (Yes, I have a dislike for phones that are thin).
    10-02-15 11:04 PM
    very nice ,I don't care what some ppl say blackberry makes some cool phones
    10-02-15 11:20 PM
    it seems like the Priv is about 145mm tall. But this is *JUST A GUESS* lol.:
    dc2000,

I've just been comparing the 5.1 inch Galaxy S6 Edge screen to the size it would be scaled up as a 5.4 inch screen against the available renders and photographs and trying to figure out why the renders don't match well with the recent photographs of the Priv. The renders look a bit tall and narrow compared to the photograph.

You'll be interested to know that when I used a slightly straighten photo of Priv instead of the render, I now estimate the length of the Priv to about 145 mm (5.7 inches) which agrees with your number.
    10-02-15 11:21 PM
    I use my Z30 one-handed on a daily basis and don't have particularly large hands.. Actually pretty small really. I felt the same way about the Z10 at the time but forced myself to use a Z30 for a week and then I couldn't go back to the size of the Z10. If you're just saying that without giving the Z30 a legitimate chance then that's not really a fair assessment. Again, I felt the exact same way, my brother aswell, he too went to the Z30 from the Z10. It was tough at first but now he can't go back and neither can I. Just give it a chance before writing it off.
    Actually I have owned the Z10, Q10,Z30 and currently use a Classic. Much prefer the first 2. Either going back, or giving up all together.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:11 AM
    My classic definition of an one-hand capable phone is that when I hold the phone in my hand, my thumb can reach all four corners of the screen with minimal device movement, in essence my thumb can reach the top diagonal corner. The last phone I had that passed this test was the Pre 3, with its 3.7". Classic actually fails this test, I barely reach the opposite edge, let alone the diagonal corner. However it is fine because I have the trackpad, which helps tremendously. I would imagine the Priv to be not bad as well, especially with the touch sensitive keyboard to assist with one hand navigation.

The other thing I require for slider phones is that I can operate the slide with one hand, not by pressing my thumb on the screen but use a finger to push along the edge. This is where it might get tricky if it's only 9.5mm thick and very tall (Yes, I have a dislike for phones that are thin).
    Your second point, it actually should be easily operable with one hand due to the screen being raised slightly from the bottom speaker portion.
    10-03-15 12:12 AM
    Here is my revised comparison of renders for existing models and a photograph of the Priv, instead of a render, since the available render does not match well with the photograph. And as Alex has suggested this shows the Priv to be just a bit taller than the Z30.

Edit: I've revised the thickness to 9.5 mm, which agrees with dc2000's estimate. The 10.5 was from an earlier comparison. Based on my current images I'm actually measuring less than 9 mm, but that seems a bit thin. Although the Galaxy S6 Edge with a similar screen is only 7 mm, the slider mechanism is going to require extra space.
    Attached Thumbnails [IMAGE] Side by Side comparison-bb-priv-size-comp-6-10-03r.jpg  
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 10-03-15 at 10:05 AM.
    abass likes this.
    10-03-15 12:14 AM
    Here is my revised comparison of renders for existing models and a photograph of the Priv, instead of a render, since the available render does not match well with the photograph. And as Alex has suggested this shows the Priv to be just a bit taller than the Z30.
    10.5mm!?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    10-03-15 01:07 AM
    Use the buttons from the Passport/Classic as reference, line them up by size and then look at the overall phone in comparison to the Passport. You can see the height from it, which is 145mm im guessing, from that you can tell the length, and from those two numbers 9.5mm should be the width.

compare it to other phones as well like the s6 edge/edge+ for reference.

I mean nothing is confirmed, but I've been doing this kind of stuff for years and years, pretty good at guessing the numbers based on certain circumstances.

also, 10.5 is getting to be a bit big(nearly 11mm)..
    10-03-15 01:36 AM
    Looks very tall when KB open eh?
    10-03-15 01:52 AM
    Nice renders.

While I have almost no interest, other than morbid curiosity, in the "PRIV", very nice work.
    10-03-15 03:23 AM
    @usman_hidayat19 really? lol

If BlackBerry is watching, if you need someone to do some free work for you hit me up lmao...
    Why free?
    Charge them!!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:30 AM
    Um.. have you used a Z30? It's pretty much identical size to that. And the Z30 is the perfect size. Comparing to other flagship like the Nexus 6P at 5.7" screen and OP2, the slider is _tiny_ yet still manages to pack a 5.4" screen. This is not phablet area.
    I find my Z30 the perfect size too. Big enough for the Web so I rarely use my iPad but not too big for phone calls or keeping in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 05:10 AM
    It's actually much smaller than I expected it to be and fits great in the hand. I am not a huge fan of massive phones but it is pretty compact, surprisingly light, very well balanced and grippy.

I think a lot of people are gonna love it and I will be getting one myself when I can.

Posted via CB10
    Have you had a chance to play with it?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 05:43 AM
    Have you had a chance to play with it?

Posted via CB10
    For about 20 seconds! Even open the thing is really well balanced and you can type nicely with one hand, blackberry have hit a winner with this design. Most classy and unique thing to come out this year.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 06:07 AM
95 1234