I find the major common theme among the "I'm disappointed in the Priv- returning it tomorrow" threads is that people are either unfamiliar with Android or expected some magical BB10 OS with a few Android features slapped on, which, if anybody did their homework would know was impossible. How can someone spend over $700 US on a device and then be disappointed that it is basically stock Android with a few BB10 features slapped on? Isn't that exactly what we were told and expected for a couple of months now? It's been discussed everywhere! It's an ANDROID device, geez!

Secondly, if you DID go into the purchase knowing all this and never experienced Android, yet are STILL complaining "I'm returning it tomorrow", do everyone a favor and chill out, LEARN the O.S., install the updates and apps you require for your purposes, and give it two or three weeks. Then come back with a more objective point of view.

From what I've read and heard, the hardware has no major faults, it appears to be a fine device. I'll be picking up a couple for Xmas when everything settles down.
    slowrvr, JeromeM, schlemer and 4 others like this.
    11-07-15 07:31 PM
    I'm a primary android user and yeah I feel like you nailed it on the head. But I understand their pain...I would be upset if I had to use bb10os...because I don't understand it. But blackberry and Android go together well. Just wish they would push out an update for the battery edge...I can't get it to work consistently.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    garpt likes this.
    11-07-15 07:35 PM
    I find the major common theme among the "I'm disappointed in the Priv- returning it tomorrow" threads is that people are either unfamiliar with Android or expected some magical BB10 OS with a few Android features slapped on, which, if anybody did their homework would know was impossible. How can someone spend over $700 US on a device and then be disappointed that it is basically stock Android with a few BB10 features slapped on? Isn't that exactly what we were told and expected for a couple of months now? It's been discussed everywhere! It's an ANDROID device, geez!

Secondly, if you DID go into the purchase knowing all this and never experienced Android, yet are STILL complaining "I'm returning it tomorrow", do everyone a favor and chill out, LEARN the O.S., install the updates and apps you require for your purposes, and give it two or three weeks. Then come back with a more objective point of view.

From what I've read and heard, the hardware has no major faults, it appears to be a fine device. I'll be picking up a couple for Xmas when everything settles down.
    +1

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-07-15 07:47 PM
    BB10 is a fantastic OS. But like Beta Max and Amiga, it's dead. It's in maintenance mode. Founder of QNX left. It's basically over. So, you either like Android or iOS. The fact that BlackBerry has one of the best Android devices plus BB10 like features should make a BB10 fan excited and want to support the effort.

BB10 is dead. It's over. Done. If you don't want to see BB10 like features, go ahead, continue your poo pooing in BlackBerry. You are being short sited and not being realistic.

If you and many others don't buy the Priv, it might fail. If it fails there is nobody that is going to even support BB10.

Posted via CB10
    medic22003 and garpt like this.
    11-07-15 07:54 PM
    It's an Android device secured by BlackBerry, just like BlackBerry has been telling us. People who purchased this device and expected something completely different are being ridiculous. Especially when we all knew and know what it actually is, a full on Android device. It is quite different from BlackBerry 10, so don't return your Priv after one or two days, that's just wrong. Instead of hating on it, get over yourselves and have fun learning it.

I'm a 'hardcore BlackBerry person' and I've openly defended BlackBerry 10 since the PlayBook and even I can learn to appreciate the Priv and BlackBerry's secured version of Android. I never expected myself to ever own an Android device, but I trust BlackBerry when they say they've secured it and I likely wouldn't have ever had an Android device if it wasn't built by BlackBerry, like this.

Priv is an awesome device. I'm quite happy how BlackBerry handled this and I believe they've created a very special and unique device that is pretty much impossible to hate. It has everything a person could want. The physical keyboard is actually super easy to get used to, even though it's smaller, it is still extremely easy to use.

My only wants so far are a touch enabled keyboard 'sensitivity' setting to lower it's speed for scrolling websites and apps; the BlackBerry File Manager app from BlackBerry 10, but Android'd for the Priv. That BlackBerry 10 File Manager app is really, really good - perfect in fact.

Other than that, I can't say too much about how the Priv Hub works or how well it handles my accounts because my SIM hasn't made it into it yet. I might start using it with my SIM after I get a screen protector. The OEM hard shell I got didn't come with one

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:03 PM
    Weren't we all confused with BB10 coming from BBOS? This is nothing new. There is a learning curve with any OS switch.

Someone on another thread kindly pointed out that there were the same people saying the same thing with the Z10 and said they would grasp to their 9900s until the day they die. I get it. We're humans and we hate change. I'm sure this stuff will cool down in the next few weeks.
    medic22003 and garpt like this.
    11-07-15 08:18 PM
    Lol it might cool down but there are still Goin to be folks that absofreakinlutely mean what they say. When I joined Crackberry, I had just switched to BlackBerry 10 from android shortly after vzw started carrying the z10. It was still on 10.1. The wailing and gnashing of teeth about how bb10 was not like bbos went on for a VERY long time. NOW it's going to be android. I can understand complaining about that more than the other, but folks it's already been said. Bb10 is on life support and android is the way forward if you want to stay with a BlackBerry device. No use crying over spilled milk. All the complaining won't change anything and the ones who are yelling the loudest can't provide the finances BlackBerry needs to continue. Entitled to your opinion, but it won't change anything at all.

Posted via CB10
    garpt and CarGuy1368 like this.
    11-07-15 08:27 PM
    +1 about the file manager, and may I add the calculator

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 08:32 PM

They were dreaming PRIV to be a BlackBerry 10 with full Google play store...no it's an Android, and Android is...make your own device kind. You want app, now you has it, take the time to learn and customize your PRIV as you want.

Relax and enjoy this great Android device.

Posted via CB10
    garpt likes this.
    11-07-15 08:35 PM
    If enough people buy into the Priv, it means BlackBerry has a stronger chance at maintaining BlackBerry 10 along with Android. Never know.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:37 PM