I haven't been a fan of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ since replacing my passport. The privs huge screen and slide out keyboard ( I actually love the design) is drawing me that way. My question is how badly will I take a hit in the battery department? I usually get 50% left each night with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and 3 hours SoT. Will I be that disappointed? Performance isn't a big deal. I use bare minimum apps. Mostly just email and BBM.
    11-08-17 05:22 PM
    3 HR sot on priv will probably be below 5%.... haven't used one lately but Priv and SOT/battery was not good.
    11-08-17 05:30 PM
    If you're a light to medium user, you can get ok battery life with the Priv. There are settings that will help.

I ordered the Motion because when I use the Priv, it sucks battery life fairly quick. But I can come home with it most days between 50%-80% battery. I have four email addresses. use texting and BBM, check the weather app, check for app updates three times a day, take an occasional picture to BBM my wife, use Chrome to look some things up a few times a day and also check what's going on using the CrackBerry app often. So, I consider myself a light user. I think a medium user could expect to return home at the end of the day with 35%-50% battery left.

Priv is a good phone. If it had a good battery, I would not have ordered the Motion, but I can't resist that phenomenal battery.
    11-08-17 06:20 PM
    The Priv is half the KEYᵒⁿᵉ in terms of battery life.
    11-08-17 06:21 PM
    Priv is a good phone. If it had a good battery, I would not have ordered the Motion, but I can't resist that phenomenal battery.
    Funny thing is, the Private actually had a respectable battery built in to it. It's moreso the very inefficient processor and high screen resolution that make it a hog.
    11-08-17 06:42 PM
    Yes, if you are going for SOT, The 1080 hack for the Priv would probably benefit you greatly.
    11-08-17 06:46 PM
    I haven't been a fan of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ since replacing my passport. The privs huge screen and slide out keyboard ( I actually love the design) is drawing me that way. My question is how badly will I take a hit in the battery department? I usually get 50% left each night with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and 3 hours SoT. Will I be that disappointed? Performance isn't a big deal. I use bare minimum apps. Mostly just email and BBM.
    If you can carry a portable power bank and a QuickCharge 2.0 enabled charger, I think, that should take care of all your situations with Priv.
    11-08-17 07:00 PM
    Funny thing is, the Private actually had a respectable battery built in to it. It's moreso the very inefficient processor and high screen resolution that make it a hog.
    Yeah, that's what I've been reading. It's the 808 processor that ruined the soup. Good call.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 11-14-17 at 08:20 PM.
    11-09-17 07:36 PM
    I am using a Priv for 1.5 yrs. updating to the latest available OS helps in the battery life but it will never be anywhere close to those phone running a 835 or 625 chip.

I am going to keep using this phone till it dies and I may get the Motion rather than KEYone for the larger screen size
    11-09-17 07:49 PM
    obviously not.

The Priv has better resolution, bigger display and smaller battery than Keyone, but you are exaggerating, the difference is a 20-25%.

It seems that you like giving bad press to the Priv.
    bqik and Qorax like this.
    11-10-17 02:04 AM
    obviously not.

The Priv has better resolution, bigger display and smaller battery than Keyone, but you are exaggerating, the difference is a 20-25%.

It seems that you like giving bad press to the Priv.
    I have owned the Priv since launch. It was a decent first attempt.

But based on my particular use case, my statement regarding battery life is accurate.
    11-10-17 05:54 AM
    My experience is more like the priv is 75% of the Keyone. I have both - the Keyone is snappier. My priv is excellent on battery and doesn't not over heat like crazy. My first priv had that problem. Then I factory reset it and the problems went away. I replaced that priv with a new one under warranty (at the one year mark) due to the slider being "loose".

I really like the feel of the priv in the hand. And I agree its nice having the large screen and the keyboard. I - like many - find the keyboard a little small, but it's more accurate for scrolling than the Keyone.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-10-17 07:01 AM
    My experience is more like the priv is 75% of the Keyone.
    That's a perfectly valid data point too. We all use our phones differently.
    Anthony Kopas4 likes this.
    11-10-17 07:08 AM
    It all depends in the use. We are all different.

In my case with the Priv (100-3), in a normal day, with emails, some twitter, some instragram, a few youtube videos, some whastapp, google maps a few times, and some browsing (Firefox). I'm getting at the end of the day around almost 4 hs SoT and 40% battery left.
    Things get not so comfortable if you hit youtube hard, or if you use Maps more frequently.
    11-13-17 06:27 PM
    Honestly, I owned the KEYone silver for over 3 months and I can live with my Priv's battery life while I sell that K1 to get a Black Edition as a daily driver.

How to get very decent battery on a Priv

-Turn on power saving mode
    -Disable Google location stuff as well as wifi and bluetooth scanning
    -Scale the resolution down to 1080x1920
    -And Make sure it's running Marshmallow of course
    11-14-17 09:39 AM
    My biggest gripe with Priv is not getting N. Would have been useful for dual app running and still have the full keyboard. Battery is not close to KeyOne but it last like any other phone.
    11-14-17 10:34 AM
    Honestly, I owned the KEYone silver for over 3 months and I can live with my Priv's battery life while I sell that K1 to get a Black Edition as a daily driver.

How to get very decent battery on a Priv

-Turn on power saving mode
    -Disable Google location stuff as well as wifi and bluetooth scanning
    -Scale the resolution down to 1080x1920
    -And Make sure it's running Marshmallow of course

The only thing I did from that list is updating to Marshmallow, and I'm still getting pretty decent results. And getting near 4 hs of SOT with 40% left on the battery. Wifi and location is always on. No NFC and Bluetooth though.

I'm reading my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in favour of a Priv. How bad will the SoT be?-screenshot_20171118-214202.jpg I'm reading my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in favour of a Priv. How bad will the SoT be?-screenshot_20171118-214211.jpg
    Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 11-19-17 at 07:43 AM.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-18-17 06:43 PM
    I've downgraded to 1080p and disabled location and I'm getting 3.5 to 3.7 hours sot with Bluetooth and WiFi always on
    11-19-17 12:17 AM
    I've downgraded to 1080p and disabled location and I'm getting 3.5 to 3.7 hours sot with Bluetooth and WiFi always on
    I wouldn't say my battery life is terrible but a 5/10 is probably the score I would give it. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ in comparison would definitely be in the 8/10 or 9/10 range. Anything lasting 2 days or more I would give 10/10 for. 😃

Most of the time my Priv's Bluetooth, NFC & Location is turned off and only Wi-Fi OR cellular is turned on. Never have them both running.

I would say, stick with your KEYᵒⁿᵉ for now and see if any rumours of a Priv 2 come up. If one does come, I'm sure TCL / Blackberry will knock it out the park with fixing everything that was wrong with the original.
    11-19-17 02:07 AM
    I dont know about you guys but I end the day with 70% of the battery remaining when I come back home at 5pm (leaving for work at 8am).

I keep bluetooth on for connection with my pebble the entire day, also nfc on for android pay. I would say the Priv battery life is definitely usable even if it is not as good as the keyone.

Another thing that helps with the battery life is to get a smart flip case which can turn the phone to battery saving mode whenever the flip is closed.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 11:02 AM
    I dont know about you guys but I end the day with 70% of the battery remaining when I come back home at 5pm (leaving for work at 8am).

I keep bluetooth on for connection with my pebble the entire day, also nfc on for android pay. I would say the Priv battery life is definitely usable even if it is not as good as the keyone.

Another thing that helps with the battery life is to get a smart flip case which can turn the phone to battery saving mode whenever the flip is closed.
    Using tasker to switch to power savings mode when it detects the case? Care to share your config file?
    11-19-17 02:19 PM
    Using tasker to switch to power savings mode when it detects the case? Care to share your config file?
    It does not require tasker.

The smart flip case from BlackBerry comes with the magnet that triggers battery saving mode, much like the holsters with the batter saving mode.
    11-19-17 02:27 PM
    It does not require tasker.

The smart flip case from BlackBerry comes with the magnet that triggers battery saving mode, much like the holsters with the batter saving mode.
    Oh that's cool. Mine on my keyone just shut the screen off. How do you know it actually enables and disables the battery saving mode?
    11-19-17 02:28 PM

This is my experience also...50%-70% at the end of the work day.
    11-19-17 08:38 PM
    Oh that's cool. Mine on my keyone just shut the screen off. How do you know it actually enables and disables the battery saving mode?
    I am not sure how to check if the batter saving mode is activated, but that is how BlackBerry advertises it. I am assuming that BlackBerry would not lie about an absent feature.

And anecdotally too, I have experienced a longer battery life since I switched to a flip case.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-23-17 06:52 PM
31 12