Day three or so with a PRIV, I took it off charger at 7:30AM and now It's 7PM with a remaining charge to of 40%, light usage but I'm content. Having a much better experience than a few years ago. maybe because it's new, I've set my ketone aside. PRIV pkb harder to work than keyone. It will take adjusting to. It's nothing to do with balance? Not sure yet but working on adjusting to PRIV pkb. I've gone out of my way to eliminate and reduce active apps accessing Web as well as location constantly running. Any suggestions to stop aggressive apps would be appreciated.
    03-08-18 06:14 PM
    PRIV is a great phone. Use developer mode to speed it up and to keep apps from running in the background.
    EndRacism and mindedge like this.
    03-08-18 07:03 PM
    There are 3 animation scale settings in 'developer options' set them a t 0.5, (or just zero).
    I used to turn location off, but got lazy and don't bother anymore, it makes a difference, but not a big one. You definitely want to hit the 3 bar menu under location and turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning.
    Unless you use it for navigation, you can prob get by with setting location to Battery saving, I leave mine on High accuracy. Not sure why, I don't use it for navigation.
    -BTW- Navigation, (Waze, Google Maps or whatever) is a weak point with Priv, thats the only time, (other than a lot of updates at once) that I notice a lot of heat, and battery depletion.
    Mine also will only download updates when connected to wifi and on the charger. Can't remember how I set that up, one of the settings might have been on the Play store site or app.
    I'm also connected to a Plantronics Voyager Legend (bluetooth) 24/7, and never turn wifi off.

I assume from what you said, that you know to go into Data Usage, scroll through the apps, tap anything that doesn't need to access the cellular network while closed and not being used used, and restrict it. That would be almost all of them.
    EndRacism and bigjman like this.
    03-09-18 06:18 AM
    PRIV is a great phone. Use developer mode to speed it up and to keep apps from running in the background.
    Great add, did it after your post and works.
    jamesharmeling and Avenzuno like this.
    03-09-18 07:31 AM
    There are 3 animation scale settings in 'developer options' set them a t 0.5, (or just zero).
    I used to turn location off, but got lazy and don't bother anymore, it makes a difference, but not a big one. You definitely want to hit the 3 bar menu under location and turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning.
    Unless you use it for navigation, you can prob get by with setting location to Battery saving, I leave mine on High accuracy. Not sure why, I don't use it for navigation.
    -BTW- Navigation, (Waze, Google Maps or whatever) is a weak point with Priv, thats the only time, (other than a lot of updates at once) that I notice a lot of heat, and battery depletion.
    Mine also will only download updates when connected to wifi and on the charger. Can't remember how I set that up, one of the settings might have been on the Play store site or app.
    I'm also connected to a Plantronics Voyager Legend (bluetooth) 24/7, and never turn wifi off.

I assume from what you said, that you know to go into Data Usage, scroll through the apps, tap anything that doesn't need to access the cellular network while closed and not being used used, and restrict it. That would be almost all of them.

Super good suggestion, just what I'm looking for! Later tonight I'll set these up! Thanks!
    03-09-18 07:41 AM
    After reviewing post from Wezard I did all this, Is there any thing else I can do to save battery life, honestly all these setting below are for things that I certainly don't need running constantly, if I need maps I'll turn locations back on until done.

Settings,

1. Wi-Fi > 3 Dots > Advanced; A. Turn off 'Network notification'
    2. Bluetooth, For some reason, Bluetooth is either on or off best as I can tell.
    3. Data usage > 3 Dots > Metered Wi-Fi networks (turn on for your Wi-Fi networks) (warns when large downloads are about to happen)
    4. More > NFC > Turn NFC Off, all other setting off too.
    5. More > Tethering & Mobile Hotspots > All off
    6. Display > Turn on Adaptive brightness
    7. Display : Sleep set at 2 minutes or less, Turn off these, lift to wake, Ambient display.
    8. Apps > Press 'Gear' > Battery optimization > Everything should be set to battery optimization except Google play services.
    9. Battery > 3 Dots > Battery saver turn on, Battery Optimization set again check to make sure all apps are on for battery optimization except Google Play Service.
    10. Location > turn off
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-09-18 08:24 AM
    After reviewing post from Wezard I did all this, Is there any thing else I can do to save battery life, honestly all these setting below are for things that I certainly don't need running constantly, if I need maps I'll turn locations back on until done.

Settings,

6. Display > Turn on Adaptive brightness
    That is the exact opposite of what is normally recommended for battery saving.

Also, turning off Bluetooth and NFC will have almost zero effect on battery consumption. My bluetooth is on all the time and I still get the same out of my battery as I do when I turn it off. I generally get over 13 hours from mine with screen time of 3 1/2 to 4 hours. It is mainly screen time that will affect battery life, and I have found that 3 1/2 hours is basically the limit with stock resolution.
    03-09-18 01:04 PM
    Pretty much do all of the things that EndRacism lists except I have Network Notification kept on and have sleep set to 10 minutes of activity. But I do use the BlackBerry leather pouch with built in sleep magnet which I reckon helps a lot. Also means I get to use the phone naked as the designer of this beautiful device intended.
    Last time I checked, I got 5 hours 40 minutes screen time with over 10 hours idle time.
    Very happy with my Priv.
    03-09-18 03:04 PM
    Eliminating the google does a lot as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1114355

Gives an idea about possible gains.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 04:52 PM