I've been a BlackBerry user and CrackBerry reader for about as long and it seems to me that the forums have always been a place for complaining. There are a few forums such as "waiting room for Priv" that aren't that way but quite a bit of the others do consist of a lot of complaints.

I personally enjoy conversations about the new Android OS and what we would like to see or not like to see rather than the constant bashing. The only problem is good conversation on the forums is getting harder and harder to come by. When the Priv is officially launched and becomes available to all the carriers I'm sure the forums will fill up with complaints about this feature or lack of another feature or issues with the Priv hardware rather than decent conversation surrounding the device. I find myself refreshing CrackBerry home page and avoiding the forums more and more these days.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-26-15 01:14 PM
    Complaining threads are great but still nothing beats a complaining about complaining thread. They be da best!
    10-26-15 01:51 PM
    The Priv is without a doubt a marketing platform for BlackBerry's push to become just a software company. One maybe two android devices until they can get the other Android manufacturers to license their suite of products/designs.

Listen to what the CEO is and isn't telling you. Get his words, not someone else point of view of his words.

All the complainers might just save you from a potential disaster device....
    10-26-15 01:55 PM
    The Priv is without a doubt a marketing platform for BlackBerry's push to become just a software company. One maybe two android devices until they can get the other Android manufacturers to license their suite of products/designs.

Listen to what the CEO is and isn't telling you. Get his words, not someone else point of view of his words.

Agreed.

Listen to the Chen interview from Code/Mobile. He intends to secure the Android OS until it receives the same certifications as his BB10. Listen carefully, he intends to transition his BB10 customers out of BB10 & replace it with an Android device. Whether it's this Slider that does that or the next generation remains to be seen.
    10-26-15 02:13 PM
    I agree with you people. This is BlackBerry's worst enemy. If CrackBerry went away BlackBerry would sell more phones. Just look back at the Passport and Classic threads. Always someone is bashing something with no basis or telling the world how to run a billion dollar company. Then they call themselves dedicated BlackBerry users. Pathetic.

What the heck Crackberry don't care they get paid by the number of click not by the fan base. The more controversy the more clicks. If they really wanted to help they would end the threads that get out of hand.

Thanks for the positive thread!

PIN 2COF829A
    I am not sure where in the world you live, but where I live we appreciate and support democracy and free speech.

If you don't like an opinion, that is no reason to shut it down as you advocate. People who spend their money on a product, have earned the right to complain and criticize as they see fit.

Finally, there is one component to the "griping" that you have totally ignored, Blackberry!!

The company created a culture that has earned them the bashing they get. The number one reason people have gone sour on BlackBerry, is BlackBerry. Leave people alone to vent as they see fit. I hope you understand.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:21 PM
    You people! You come into this forum and try to replace our beloved BlackBerry OS with crapdroid! Go back to AndroidCentral where you belong! We don't need y'all here!

XD

Posted via CB10
    Educate yourself!!! No one came here trying to replace BlackBerry OS with crapdroid as you call it.

Just in case you have been sleeping for the last three years, OS 10 has sold miserably. It is the market that made the determination. The company is just following the market trends.

Like it or not, Android OS out sells BlackBerry OS, by a mile. You have to credit the company for attempting this move.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    10-26-15 02:31 PM
    Educate yourself!!! No one came here trying to replace BlackBerry OS with crapdroid as you call it.

Just in case you have been sleeping for the last three years, OS 10 has sold miserably. It is the market that made the determination. The company is just following the market trends.

Like it or not, Android OS out sells BlackBerry OS, by a mile. You have to credit the company for attempting this move.

Posted via CB10
    lol chill out dude I was just being sarcastic. The dude who I quoted knows me on this forum and the smiley at the end was placed explicitly to state that it was a joke. I'm sorry to have offended you if I did. Just check my 50 previous post if you have any doubts XD

Edit: You also could've looked a little bit further as I wrote down my legit thoughts to this thread, targeted to OP.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by H4zN; 10-26-15 at 02:45 PM.
    10-26-15 02:35 PM
    I agree with you people. This is BlackBerry's worst enemy. If CrackBerry went away BlackBerry would sell more phones. Just look back at the Passport and Classic threads. Always someone is bashing something with no basis or telling the world how to run a billion dollar company. Then they call themselves dedicated BlackBerry users. Pathetic.

What the heck Crackberry don't care they get paid by the number of click not by the fan base. The more controversy the more clicks. If they really wanted to help they would end the threads that get out of hand.

Thanks for the positive thread!

PIN 2COF829A
    This is a forum not a cult, and I imagine that more than a fair few BB10 users have taken significant ribbing over the years from the enthusiasts of the very OS that BBRY has now embraced, shoving BB10 into what amounts to palliative maintenance until they can wind it down completely. So yes, after years of vocally supporting BB10, after serious lapses on QC, after other abandoned products that were also initially sold at exorbitant launch prices only to be slashed to fire-sale prices months later and not given any sort of reasonable support, they're understandably salty about it.

By all means, though, tell them how they should still love Big Brother.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-26-15 02:48 PM
    Listen to the Chen interview from Code/Mobile. He intends to secure the Android OS until it receives the same certifications as his BB10. Listen carefully, he intends to transition his BB10 customers out of BB10 & replace it with an Android device. Whether it's this Slider that does that or the next generation remains to be seen.
    Well then I guess I will be totally gone from BlackBerry. I have transitioned to T-Mobile and unless BlackBerry releases a full touch high end BB10 device that is FULLY compatible with T-Mobile, then it's Apple for me. It was a good ride while it lasted.
    10-26-15 02:54 PM
    the problem isnt the price its the fact that they have terrible customer service, if you gave me as a gift a brand new in box blackberry phone and for reasons we have seen in the past be it a keyboard issue or screen lifts they will not service the phone without proof of your purchase why must they make simple little things like this so difficult ?
    10-26-15 03:42 PM
    Complaining threads are great but still nothing beats a complaining about complaining thread. They be da best!
    Sup dawg I heard you like to complain...
    10-26-15 04:25 PM
    Maybe because the ppl here are hurt the most over the years.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    People actually get hurt over a cell phone?
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-26-15 04:46 PM
    Sup dawg I heard you like to complain...
    So we're letting you complain about the complaining about a complaining thread!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:53 PM
    Well then I guess I will be totally gone from BlackBerry. I have transitioned to T-Mobile and unless BlackBerry releases a full touch high end BB10 device that is FULLY compatible with T-Mobile, then it's Apple for me. It was a good ride while it lasted.
    Byeeeeeeee
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    10-26-15 05:02 PM
    Flight of the Conchords - hurt feelings (tears of a bb10 user)

I kidd I kidd
    10-26-15 05:05 PM
    lol chill out dude I was just being sarcastic. The dude who I quoted knows me on this forum and the smiley at the end was placed explicitly to state that it was a joke. I'm sorry to have offended you if I did. Just check my 50 previous post if you have any doubts XD

Edit: You also could've looked a little bit further as I wrote down my legit thoughts to this thread, targeted to OP.

Posted via CB10
    I think he didn't know that XD means lol...lol
    Maybe because you put it so far down it seemed like your initials Mr.Xavier Daniels.
    H4zN likes this.
    10-26-15 05:12 PM
    Well that depends how silly that "reasoning" is.
    Not always. There are times when someone makes a valid point but it's completely obliterated because it does not fall in line with a few others views. Be it in favour of Android, BB10, or anything else for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:53 PM

Yeah, I see that, BUT...

1. If the incorporated hardware security makes the device unrootable (or hard to root and with quick updates to break root)
    2. The touch capacitive pkb with keyboard shortcuts / actions leads to more productive use of a device

THEN, there are definitely hardware differentiators that make their handsets stand out from the rest of the Android slabs. Mind you, they could also license this IP to bigger players like Samsung if they're successful enough...
    10-26-15 07:16 PM
    People actually get hurt over a cell phone?
    Yeah, after you get screwed over and over again...
    10-26-15 09:46 PM
    What do these forums have to do with your excitement level, OP?

If you really want the phone, nothing at all will stop you from purchasing it, not even the opinions or complaints of people listed here.

No one here can exert any kind of force over you to alter your decision. If you want to buy it, buy it and if you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

It sounds like you want to use the people's complaints as an insurance policy in the event you should experience some form of buyer's remorse.

Interesting.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-26-15 10:05 PM
    Chen could come up with the perfect BlackBerry that has all the apps and still running BB10 and there still would be a wave of negativity. ''it's too thin'', ''no woven back like my Z30 then it's not for me'', ''if this phone doesn't have a 4k screen I done with BlackBerry '', I almost didn't come back to BlackBerry because of this forum. I thought for sure that BlackBerry would be out of business before I could save up for a Passport. People here have to remember that Chen doesn't run BlackBerry at the whim of Crackberry subscribers. If Chen ran BlackBerry the way Crackberry users want him to, BlackBerry would be toast. All these Sunday morning quarterbacks don't know how to run a business like this let alone stop it from bleeding billions of dollars.

Posted via CB10
    You are absolutely right, there's too many of those "will never be happy" campers here. I was participating in a recent thread where some guy is whining that Priv should have Marshmallow installed, and another one where another guy claims the Classic has the worst camera for a smartphone he ever used.

The amount of persistent whiners on this board is getting ridiculous. I can really see how this place causes confusion and despair among potential new customers.
    10-26-15 10:08 PM
    You are absolutely right, there's too many of those "will never be happy" campers here. I was participating in a recent thread where some guy is whining that Priv should have Marshmallow installed, and another one where another guy claims the Classic has the worst camera for a smartphone he ever used.

The amount of persistent whiners on this board is getting ridiculous. I can really see how this place causes confusion and despair among potential new customers.
    Just bear in mind that the same crowd would easily crawl over each other's corpses talking about HTC, Samsung, Huawei, LG, One Plus, etc...

When it comes to Android, there are no favourites. It's just the lowest priced / highest spec'd flavour of the month.

Nothing else matters for these people, lol.
    10-26-15 10:22 PM
    I really enjoyed the comment: "Buy the Priv and forget what other people think. You're satisfying yourself and helping a company we all love.".

And yes, if I had the cash and wanted to sleep in the doghouse, I would get a Priv.
    I would not be married if I bought one now

STA 100-3, SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    10-26-15 10:51 PM
    You make your own decision and you take the consequences. Any opinion online is to-be-watched. Not really necessary. If you surf around, you will find that everyone has different opinion and complaints about everything, ranging from size, weight, amoled, and keyboad to its color. Just read and leave it alone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:27 PM
    I think he didn't know that XD means lol...lol
    Maybe because you put it so far down it seemed like your initials Mr.Xavier Daniels.
    !Xbile Damango (Russel Peters, you know, before I offend anyone with a click in his name)

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 01:09 AM
97 1234