The difference is people want to see dialogue, of any kind. What we've all witnessed is agenda-driven posters berating other people, Android, Chen, BlackBerry; and on a daily basis from the same members. And, oddly, they join the Priv Forum to do so, meaning they simply want to dump on others' enjoyment. Why else come to the Priv Forum if they are so against it? Other than to antagonize.

People wouldn't mind if it was a disagreement or discussion, on topic. But it's not. It's the same trolls repeating their same selfish agenda, seemingly in every thread.

I'm on the fence. I really enjoy BB10 but I completely understand the need to change to meet the marketplace's needs. I think it's smart. I'm hoping they bring enough BB10 features over to Android to win me over. I have no axe to grind either way, unlike many. What I see, is excitement by many, and at times I get caught up in it, until I read this forum.

I began following the forum in 2013 after I bought by Q10 - which I still thoroughly enjoy - and many of the complaints I read today are similar to the hate from legacy users about BB10. What irony.
    Fair enough, I understand where you're coming from and agree. My post was more so in reference to when people get called whiners for disagreeing and having reasoning behind why they don't agree. In my opinion, that's just as pitiful as people who contribute for the sake of provocation and spewing hatred.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS and islandp like this.
    10-26-15 01:35 AM
    OP I agree with you. Other forums are not so negative, look at xda for example. Multiple apps/platforms exist next to each other. People there just try to help each other.

Here people already have strong opinions based on some pictures.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 01:56 AM
    I feel the same way. I hadn't posted on here until recently. Although I'll probably stop posting on here once the priv is released. A lot of negativity and a lot of Android bashing. I'm not looking for people to praise android and circle jerk each other about how great it is. I just want to have legitimate conversations about the priv without it being one sided, without being so negative but hey, I guess that's just Crack berry.
    You people! You come into this forum and try to replace our beloved BlackBerry OS with crapdroid! Go back to AndroidCentral where you belong! We don't need y'all here!

XD

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, Asvertus, lift and 1 others like this.
    10-26-15 01:56 AM
    Hey OP, look at it this way. If there are more people outside of CrackBerry buying this device, it's a win for John Chen and pretty much BlackBerry. Cuz it will mean it will sell better than the BB10 devices. The chunk of people running "Google" is much larger than us BlackBerry fanatics putting all our hopes on BlackBerry 10. Don't get me wrong, I love BlackBerry 10, but I see what Chen's trying to do with this device too.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS, MO3iusONE and fanisk like this.
    10-26-15 01:59 AM
    I've learned to ignore the BB10 elitists; they are a vocal minority among BB users.
    chang69 and pick1eberry like this.
    10-26-15 02:12 AM
    I couldn't care less what the "Blackberry let us down how dare they release an Android phone" crowd think. I bought one and can't wait for it to arrive.
    10-26-15 06:41 AM
    Fair enough, I understand where you're coming from and agree. My post was more so in reference to when people get called whiners for disagreeing and having reasoning behind why they don't agree. In my opinion, that's just as pitiful as people who contribute for the sake of provocation and spewing hatred.

Posted via CB10
    Well that depends how silly that "reasoning" is.
    10-26-15 06:46 AM
    You guys are great at complaining.

Almost kept me from buying this beautiful device a couple times.

It's in the same class as a Note, iPhone 6 Plus, etc.

And it's the same if not cheaper than those devices.

I just need a review, and I'm ready to plunk down the cash and move up from my Q10. Let's do this!!

Posted via CB10
    I don't get why you are surprised by this. BlackBerry going from BB10 to Android is reminiscent of Coca-Cola Co. replacing the original formula of Coke with New Coke. Because they were losing market share to Pepsi and suspected that it was because cola drinkers preferred a sweeter taste, Coca-Cola created their own sweeter New Coke. The American public's reaction to the change was negative, even hostile, and the new cola was eventually withdrawn from the market because Coke drinkers actually preferred the less sweet - some would say, more adult - taste of the original formula. There are BB10 users who prefer it over Android and they have every right to complain about BlackBerry changing their "formula."
    lift and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-26-15 07:48 AM
    You people! You come into this forum and try to replace our beloved BlackBerry OS with crapdroid! Go back to AndroidCentral where you belong! We don't need y'all here!

XD

Posted via CB10
    Have you told John Chen ? Lol
    10-26-15 08:20 AM
    People wouldn't mind if it was a disagreement or discussion, on topic. But it's not. It's the same trolls repeating their same selfish agenda, seemingly in every thread.
    Well... everyone... get your fingers working and report problem posts for moderator review. On average CrackBerry has about 150 new threads and roughly 2-3000 posts every day, and that's just the ones we keep after clearing the spam. There moderator team is all volunteer but even full time staff couldn't review every post in the time available. We need the responsible members to be extra eyes to highlight the problem areas and members.
    aha and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    10-26-15 09:03 AM
    I really enjoyed the comment: "Buy the Priv and forget what other people think. You're satisfying yourself and helping a company we all love.".

I really enjoy it because I have family, friends, co-workers that bash / mock me for staying with BB. But, every time that I have to use one of those crap virtual keyboards, especially on skinny little iPhones, I want to hurl the device against a wall!

So, yeah, I'm missing some apps, but I LOVE MY BB! Even the Playbook, which keeps soldiering on for some basic tasks.

GO BB!

And yes, if I had the cash and wanted to sleep in the doghouse, I would get a Priv.
    10-26-15 09:12 AM
    OP. Welcome to the Crackberry forums were bashers, critics, and fans all gather to do battle. Your friend today is your enemy tomorrow and your enemies you can find common ground with....

AKA...same old same old on the forums.
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-26-15 09:20 AM
    I just need a review, and I'm ready to plunk down the cash and move up from my Q10. Let's do this!!
    I'm curious: which Web sites are you waiting for reviews from? I assume CrackBerry for one, but what others?
    10-26-15 09:43 AM
    I'm excited for this phone, until I come to these forums-tumblr_m6i04oks5j1roya1c.gif

lol
    10-26-15 10:35 AM
    I'm curious: which Web sites are you waiting for reviews from? I assume CrackBerry for one, but what others?
    Crackberry to get a BlackBerry users perspective.

And Engadget, to get a general users perspective.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:56 AM
    I feel the exact same way! If a person just goes by what "team BlackBerry" is saying, no one would ever buy it! It's an awesome phone and I can't wait to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:01 AM
    Shouldn't be surprising for you that the change to Android would be highly polarizing between the brand fans... Imagine in Lumia, or iPhone forums, the reaction of their brand ditching their OS to embrace Android. Some would be mad aswell.
    Agreed. Android on a Blackberry is seen as disgusting to many, and I'm sure iPhone folks would probably be ten times worse!
    10-26-15 11:09 AM
    The best thing Crackberry did was make the "Priv" forum separate. There is no reason for people that don't agree with the "Priv" to post in the section unless it's to ask questions or get info. After it is released the Priv forum will be booming and the os10 users that hate will only start to hate their own BB...

Posted via CB10
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    10-26-15 11:15 AM
    Agreed. Android on a Blackberry is seen as disgusting to many, and I'm sure iPhone folks would probably be ten times worse!
    Talk about "rage"... now imagine Android phones starting to be all iOS... The world would end in a civil war
    10-26-15 11:17 AM
    I like BB10 and although I am not a big fan of a slider, if the Priv was running BB10 I would buy it. My only problem is that I just despise android so much that it is keeping me from buying the Priv.
    I became a CrackBerry and BlackBerry fan after I bought my first BlackBerry 10 device. I have a right to complain about BlackBerry going "Google" just like you people are complaining about complainers.
    So tell me, I have no right to dislike android and the direction BlackBerry has taken? So what if the hardware is really nice. It's android and therefore I have my right to hate it and to have an opinion.
    10-26-15 11:21 AM
    Actually, I couldn't disagree with the OP any more. This Forum is full of people who LOVE Blackberry, have been the only reason Blackberry is still in existence and are venting their frustrations at major mistakes they see Blackberry making with the Priv - like no marketing, no Launch Event, uncompetitive pricing, etc.

This Forum is full of people who want nothing more than to see Blackberry succeed, but have been frustrated by years of watching Blackberry trip all over itself. So is the negativity the fault of the faithful Blackberry loyalists who are crying out here at so many major mistakes their favorite company is making, or is it actually the fault of Blackberry itself?
    10-26-15 11:28 AM
    I won't apologize for bashing the BB10 OS and to a small extent the Z30. It is richly deserved.

I paid full price on Verizon. At first I found an OS that was simple to use, stable, and gets the communication & productivity right. The security/privacy thing was a great bonus. But as the months wore on, I find the 'app' problem looms larger & larger. Native apps do not get updated, native Map is no longer accurate, and android apps that quit working cause it needs G-Play. In the end what I have here is a glorified flip phone. It can communicate and organize, but not much else. I want more! I want a pocket computer to live up to its billing as a pocket computer. And in terms of hardware, a screen that is readable when used outside on a sunshiny day.

Enter the Android Blackberry. It is a significant step in the right direction. But the device is not carrier independent for both GSM & CDMA networks like the Iphones and Nexus devices. And it is not being released with the latest Android OS (6.0) which has features that increase privacy & security (example: granular permissions, quick updates). So BB is taking a small step backward in not adopting Marshmallow right off the bat.

As for the old crackberry guard, what's left are people who refuse to change, afraid of change, or just plain bitter about how their favorite OS is not useful to the vast majority of smartphone users. Not fun to be around. I am slowly transitioning out of CB.
    10-26-15 11:28 AM
    Blackberry has one device that is Android. If you do not like that Blackberry device that has an Android OS then it's not for you and why complain about something that is not for you?

If you love your BB10 device and OS, that's great! Good for you and I'm pretty sure crackberry has a forum for your device and OS to post in! This is the BlackBerry Priv section!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:32 AM
    I have a right to complain about BlackBerry going "Google" just like you people are complaining about complainers.
    So tell me, I have no right to dislike android and the direction BlackBerry has taken? So what if the hardware is really nice. It's android and therefore I have my right to hate it and to have an opinion.
    Wow, talk about overly dramatic. No one is talking about prohibiting your civil rights. Sheesh, save it for the court room.

My question, why spew your hate in the Priv Forum? A forum created for people interested in the Priv. Is it merely to get under the skin of Priv buyers? There is a General BlackBerry Discussion forum where pro and anti POVs of all things BlackBerry can be discussed.

But yes, you have the "right" to come here as the Priv agitator. But at least own up to it.
    10-26-15 11:37 AM
    I like BB10 and although I am not a big fan of a slider, if the Priv was running BB10 I would buy it. My only problem is that I just despise android so much that it is keeping me from buying the Priv.
    I became a CrackBerry and BlackBerry fan after I bought my first BlackBerry 10 device. I have a right to complain about BlackBerry going "Google" just like you people are complaining about complainers.
    I think what the Blandroid fans are saying is that you have a right to prefer BB10 over Android, but you shouldn't post anything negative about... I guess about anything related to the Slider running Android.

I think that's what they're saying.

Frankly, I think they're wrong. I think there is a reasonable amount of caution to be had here: those thinking that this is just going to be BB10 apps running on Android and the user experience will be very much the same as BB10 but with a greater app selection may benefit from some insights about how the transition from BB10 to Android may play out.

Many BB10 early adoptors recall how many of the features loved from BBOS didn't make it through to BB10 initially... and after a few significant OS upgrades, those beloved BBOS features did make it into BB10 (especially with the launch of the Classic). BlackBerry's track record on rushing unfinished products to market is well known, and now it's happening again with supposedly the "BB experience ported to Android". Sideways glances and skepticism is the reaping of what they've sown over the years.

If the Android push is truly their "last gasp", people purchasing the Android Slider and hoping that most of what makes BB10 special will be present are in for a rude awakening, and furthermore, "The New BlackBerry"'s record of killing products with prejudice means that if the Priv isn't VERY successful (by BlackBerry standards) out of the gate, then the slow migration of BB10 features to "Blandroid" may actually not happen, so don't DON'T buy it with "hopes" that BB will deliver. Wait and see. Try it and be prepared to return it, and maybe rebuy it when BlackBerry actually DELIVERS on the promise of making Android "as good as BB10" + the app ecosystem.

I expect there will more than a few people posting topics to the effect of "Bought the Priv: sending it back" with reasons why. It won't be because no one spoke up and told them to be cautious... it will be because whatever it is about BB10 that users like may not translate very well to Android. Time will tell.

Of course, if you prefer Android and don't care about BB10, just want the Slider for the keyboard and full Android OS, then you're going to love the Priv.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-26-15 at 12:27 PM.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-26-15 12:15 PM
97 1234