You guys are great at complaining.

Almost kept me from buying this beautiful device a couple times.

It's in the same class as a Note, iPhone 6 Plus, etc.

And it's the same if not cheaper than those devices.

I just need a review, and I'm ready to plunk down the cash and move up from my Q10. Let's do this!!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:37 PM
    This thread may "turn u on"
    It seems to have for others

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044381

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy, BB_PP and lift like this.
    10-25-15 06:40 PM
    I feel the same way. I hadn't posted on here until recently. Although I'll probably stop posting on here once the priv is released. A lot of negativity and a lot of Android bashing. I'm not looking for people to praise android and circle jerk each other about how great it is. I just want to have legitimate conversations about the priv without it being one sided, without being so negative but hey, I guess that's just Crack berry.
    10-25-15 06:47 PM
    This thread may "turn u on"
    It seems to have for others

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044381

Posted via CB10
    Oh baby, I'm way too excited now. I'm considering just pre-ordering right now!

But I still want all this information to come out officially.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:07 PM
    I do find it ironic that the saltiest forum on the Internet in regards to the Priv is one dedicated to the device and its manufacturer.
    10-25-15 07:09 PM
    I do find it ironic that the saltiest forum on the Internet in regards to the Priv is one dedicated to the device and its manufacturer.
    Maybe because the ppl here are hurt the most over the years.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    zocster, Doggerz, miketko and 5 others like this.
    10-25-15 07:26 PM
    I agree with you people. This is BlackBerry's worst enemy. If CrackBerry went away BlackBerry would sell more phones. Just look back at the Passport and Classic threads. Always someone is bashing something with no basis or telling the world how to run a billion dollar company. Then they call themselves dedicated BlackBerry users. Pathetic.

What the heck Crackberry don't care they get paid by the number of click not by the fan base. The more controversy the more clicks. If they really wanted to help they would end the threads that get out of hand.

Thanks for the positive thread!

PIN 2COF829A
    10-25-15 07:29 PM
    ROFL

I agree with you. People whine and complain about everything. All the "BlackBerry must...or else..." and the unfounded statements are hilarious to say the least, but get old after a while.

Hopefully you find the facts you need to make a proper decision. Good luck!
    Mr4aces, will308 and yokogeri374 like this.
    10-25-15 07:35 PM
    I know how you feel.
    When I got my PlayBook I joined Crackberry to help me Learn stuff, but didn't really browse here much. I became more active when I got the Classic and that's when I realised how much bashing was directed at BlackBerry from here. Funny thing is a lot is done by people who are no longer BlackBerry users, but somehow just keep lurking to just bash. Can't wrap my mind around it.
    Still a great resource if you can navigate around the crap.
    Not a BlackBerry loyalist, but really like my Classic, so I'm rooting for the Priv to do good.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:39 PM
    Bashing the bashers!

I like this thread!

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-25-15 08:20 PM
    Yep, a bunch of miserable people looking for company. Lol!
    10-25-15 08:22 PM
    lol people in this forum are so toxic , complain about everything and anything they can.
    DolemiteDONS and Irish Blues like this.
    10-25-15 08:37 PM
    Hate to be the Devils advocate, but isn't that the point of a forum? To have a discussion which naturally will lead to difference of opinions and disagreements?

A forum full of yes men would be awful.

That's not at all to say that all the complaints are good though. Some are absurd to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 10-25-15 at 09:09 PM.
    00stryder, Carmels, dolco and 1 others like this.
    10-25-15 08:44 PM

I just need a review, and I'm ready to plunk down the cash and move up from my Q10. Let's do this!!

Posted via CB10
    All I know is, coming to these forums makes me ashamed to be using BlackBerry 10.
    10-25-15 09:02 PM
    Hate to be the Devils advocate, but isn't that the point of a forum? To have a discussion which naturally will lead to difference of opinions and disagreements?

That's not at all to say that all the complaints are good though. Some are absurd to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I want legitimate, open discussions though. Not one sided discussions where bb10 is the best OS ever, apps are overrated (supposedly the lack of apps is actually an advantage because then you won't be wasting your time using stupid apps), how every bb10 is buttery smooth and never stutters EVER, how android is stupid, and any feature that blackberry doesn't have is actually a gimmick (hence why blackberry doesn't have it.)

Android is my daily driver, I only had a passport for about a month so I really don't have any input about bb10 since i don't think I gave it enough time. I also had an iPhone 4 back in the day and I liked it.

If I stop being careless with my money, I'll be eager to try out those new windows phones but in all honesty.. I just want that damn physical keyboard.
    10-25-15 09:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Buy the Priv and forget what other people think. You're satisfying yourself and helping a company we all love.

Posted via CB10
    larry5 likes this.
    10-25-15 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't be surprising for you that the change to Android would be highly polarizing between the brand fans... Imagine in Lumia, or iPhone forums, the reaction of their brand ditching their OS to embrace Android. Some would be mad aswell.
    nappalonia and jamie753 like this.
    10-25-15 09:46 PM
    Chen could come up with the perfect BlackBerry that has all the apps and still running BB10 and there still would be a wave of negativity. ''it's too thin'', ''no woven back like my Z30 then it's not for me'', ''if this phone doesn't have a 4k screen I done with BlackBerry '', I almost didn't come back to BlackBerry because of this forum. I thought for sure that BlackBerry would be out of business before I could save up for a Passport. People here have to remember that Chen doesn't run BlackBerry at the whim of Crackberry subscribers. If Chen ran BlackBerry the way Crackberry users want him to, BlackBerry would be toast. All these Sunday morning quarterbacks don't know how to run a business like this let alone stop it from bleeding billions of dollars.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:50 PM
    Yeah I want legitimate, open discussions though. Not one sided discussions where bb10 is the best OS ever, apps are overrated (supposedly the lack of apps is actually an advantage because then you won't be wasting your time using stupid apps), how every bb10 is buttery smooth and never stutters EVER, how android is stupid, and any feature that blackberry doesn't have is actually a gimmick (hence why blackberry doesn't have it.)

Android is my daily driver, I only had a passport for about a month so I really don't have any input about bb10 since i don't think I gave it enough time. I also had an iPhone 4 back in the day and I liked it.

If I stop being careless with my money, I'll be eager to try out those new windows phones but in all honesty.. I just want that damn physical keyboard.
    Totally agree with you on that front. You're going to get bias on a forum dedicated to a particular set of devices though. It's the same thing across Mobile Nations for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    The difference is people want to see dialogue, of any kind. What we've all witnessed is agenda-driven posters berating other people, Android, Chen, BlackBerry; and on a daily basis from the same members. And, oddly, they join the Priv Forum to do so, meaning they simply want to dump on others' enjoyment. Why else come to the Priv Forum if they are so against it? Other than to antagonize.

People wouldn't mind if it was a disagreement or discussion, on topic. But it's not. It's the same trolls repeating their same selfish agenda, seemingly in every thread.

I'm on the fence. I really enjoy BB10 but I completely understand the need to change to meet the marketplace's needs. I think it's smart. I'm hoping they bring enough BB10 features over to Android to win me over. I have no axe to grind either way, unlike many. What I see, is excitement by many, and at times I get caught up in it, until I read this forum.

I began following the forum in 2013 after I bought by Q10 - which I still thoroughly enjoy - and many of the complaints I read today are similar to the hate from legacy users about BB10. What irony.
    10-25-15 10:14 PM
    The Priv looks awesome and I hope it does well.

I personally would rather not "run the Google".
    Choice is awesome, and I'll choose to use BB10 for as long as possible.

Just that many here aren't fans of Android and if needing to eventually give up BB10, will miss having a device made by a company that controls the hardware and the core OS of the device (ppl seem to underrate how positive that can be).
    But the Priv should appeal to the masses because it- as Chen said- "runs the Google". It should do ok with everyone. Nice specs, popular OS and awesome looking hardware.

The CB members seem to be divided, but that's a good thing. When everyone starts to think the same and agreeing on everything, that's when you should be worried lol.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 10-26-15 at 12:21 AM.
    Thud Hardsmack and Ecm like this.
    10-25-15 10:42 PM
    CrackBerry is the home of people who care the most about BlackBerry. We're like fans of a sports team; we see all the faults and point them out, sometimes to the point of nitpicking. Fans can make anything seem horrible to non-fans, and certainly dissuade them from ever becoming fans themselves.

Trust me when I say this, without the CrackBerrians and our ilk, BlackBerry would've stopped the hardware division by now. Only the hardcore are left, but rather than jumping off the bandwagon we sometimes resort to pointing out all the reasons everyone else has jumped off, in hopes of BlackBerry actually fixing some things so we aren't forced off because they have to scrap it altogether.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 11:03 PM
    Most people bash other os even if they haven't tried it. I think the mix of bb and android is going to be huge. Can't wait to get my priv and put my iPhone 6S plus on kijiji.
    10-25-15 11:12 PM
    I personally left android because of Google and accidentally found a superior os. In not thrilled about BlackBerry going for Android, but I get it. I'm waiting for the reviews to decide if I want a Priv when the time comes or if I'll look at those LG phones every one talks about. I've had HTC and Motorolas before. Given how much I like bb10, I'm hoping BlackBerry hits a home run so I can stay with them. If I gotta go android, I want the most secure, least googly one I can get. I also agree that there are a ton of hateful people in here bashing everything not pure BlackBerry and they would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:07 AM
    A lot of people have complained about lack of marketing and price not because they hate the device but because they believe that BlackBerry won't be able to sell enough to stay in the game.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 12:34 AM
97 123 ...