I ran out to the store last friday to get the Priv and tried it by myself. Here is my sincere opinion.

If you're a happy Passport user I doubt that you're going to be the same happy with the Priv. For me, Android is a little complicated, it's not as intuitive as iPhone or BB10, and the Passport SE's keyboard is unsurpassable.

Now I understand the target of Blackberry with the Priv:
    Millions of people use Android system and some millions of them were, once, happy Blackberry users. They will be happy with the good of BB mixed with the OS they already know well. That's a very smart step from Chen.
    I think he can really sell 5 million phones if the Android users come back to their once beloved Blackberry.

The Priv is very good, but as I said... nothing beyond Passport SE.
    11-09-15 10:17 PM
    Agree 100%
    I get really confused when I use my wife's Android phone, just look at the Folder app alone to see the difference.

Nothing beats the productivity of Blackberry especially the Passport with its large keys, better layout, beautiful sound. I don't think Apple fans would be excited either. Priv is for Android users who are looking for a change.
    luigieagle and BerryRipe like this.
    11-09-15 10:26 PM
    I ran out to the store last friday to get the Priv and tried it by myself. Here is my sincere opinion.

If you're a happy Passport user I doubt that you're going to be the same happy with the Priv. For me, Android is a little complicated, it's not as intuitive as iPhone or BB10, and the Passport SE's keyboard is unsurpassable.

Now I understand the target of Blackberry with the Priv:
    Millions of people use Android system and some millions of them were, once, happy Blackberry users. They will be happy with the good of BB mixed with the OS they already know well. That's a very smart step from Chen.
    I think he can really sell 5 million phones if the Android users come back to their once beloved Blackberry.

The Priv is very good, but as I said... nothing beyond Passport SE.
    A couple of days ago, I was saying the same thing. Coming from the Passport and all sort of custom notifications I had enjoyed with the hub, I had serious don't that I will like the Priv.

The first couple of days were brutal. I have never used android before and the features that the Priv came with didn't seem to add any value to my productivity.

But as time went on, and start playing with the phone, I was able to set up the phone as close as the my passport. Plus, finally having a proper app ecosystem was breathtaking.

Originally I decided against using the hub. I thought the Gmail universal box did a good job of it. Then, I realized that there is no option to mark read. Just delete or archive. This was a deal breaker for me. I am sort of OCD in a way I need my email inboxes to be clean. I organize the follow up needed emails by keeping them unread, and instantly deleting emails I don't find it important.

I found that the hub had two actionable swipes where you can assign different actions. That was the life saver. Pus, I figured out how to not to use Gmail sync, but while using the Google account for other things like apps and photos.

I also turned off a lot of app notifications. I found out that the android app notifications were excessive and unnecessary. I went through and disabled app notifications on bloatware and some stock Android features.

Lastly, I setup the keyboard short cuts. Now that everything is set up, I can't believe I thought about going back to the Passport.

My only wish at this point that the keyboard keys to be a bit wider and bigger. I am having a decent amount of missed keys and gesture errors. Yes it is not perfect but beats the hell out of using the onscreen keyboard. But believe or not, the virtual keyboard do a decent job auto correcting my mistakes.

I urge you to take a plunge. Do not dismiss the Priv just because you had a bad experience with a demo unit. Take the phone with you and play with it a week or so. Then, you can make a decision. But I think, you will eventually come to same conclusion as me that the Priv is worthy phone that deserve to de-throne the mighty Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    luigieagle likes this.
    11-09-15 10:34 PM
    If you like your Passports, you should if course stay with them. Eventually, they will not be supported anymore and then you can get another Androids driven BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:43 PM