I've been using the Priv as my work device for the past year. I've really enjoyed my time with it. When it came time to replace my Z30, I really considered the Priv for my personal device too. But considering I always hated the pkb, it just wasn't worth wasting such a key feature.

I then considered the DTEK60 for a long time. Then eventually decided on the Motion. And I've been happy in the past week that I've had it.

All that being said, I'm still considering a Priv if I can get one for sub $200 cad. It's currently $300. At $200, I might just get it for fun. I bought a Leap for around $100... not the best investment since I'll never use it as my daily phone. But at that price, it's head and shoulders over the discount budget phones you see on sale for $99.
    12-06-17 02:27 PM
    I've been using the Priv as my work device for the past year. I've really enjoyed my time with it. When it came time to replace my Z30, I really considered the Priv for my personal device too. But considering I always hated the pkb, it just wasn't worth wasting such a key feature.

I then considered the DTEK60 for a long time. Then eventually decided on the Motion. And I've been happy in the past week that I've had it.

All that being said, I'm still considering a Priv if I can get one for sub $200 cad. It's currently $300. At $200, I might just get it for fun. I bought a Leap for around $100... not the best investment since I'll never use it as my daily phone. But at that price, it's head and shoulders over the discount budget phones you see on sale for $99.
    I love my Priv, it's not the smoothest at times because of the SD808 but I really enjoy using it. Also if your wanting one for $200 then get on Ebay, I've been seeing several for that price, didn't read the descriptions of them so I don't know if that's for a mint condition one or if something is wrong with it.
    12-06-17 02:32 PM
    I'm surprised they're still that expensive--I bought one for my wife last Christmas and one for myself a couple months later and paid $279 (new, on eBay). I figured they'd be in the low $200s by now.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    12-06-17 02:38 PM
    I'm surprised they're still that expensive--I bought one for my wife last Christmas and one for myself a couple months later and paid $279 (new, on eBay). I figured they'd be in the low $200s by now.
    I seen a few that were less than $200, but like I was saying I didn't look to see if they were in good condition or if something was wrong with them.
    12-06-17 02:53 PM
    I'll be the outcast voice here, LOL. If you don't want a PKB, then I don't see why someone would be motivated to get a Priv. Unfortunately, I am with Verizon and they "retired" the device after about 18 months. They know longer stock them, replace them, can warranty them, etc. Simply put, they are out.

Also, while I might be the exception -- I have not liked this device at all. I am a BB fan tried and true from day one. I had the first BB and went through several different models up until I was forced to leave behind my Bold 9930. I went Priv. Again, maybe exception not norm -- but it hasn't been good from day one. I am a tech *****, so pardon my simplistic terms, but it has been unstable, poor battery life/quality, runs very hot and goes into cool down mode, difficult integration with text messaging apps, and email(s), and tech support has been poor (from Verizon, and my own IT people haven't been a great help as most of them are either Apple experts or Samsung experts, a few others here and there).

I am trying to muster up the strength to abandon Verizon, and go with a KeyOne with AT&T. I am trying some last ditch efforts to get my Priv to a somewhat minimum level of decent functionality. Just my worthless 2 cents. LOL.
    skilas likes this.
    12-06-17 03:30 PM
    I live 30 minutes from the border so I just mail all my us stuff there. I found a Priv for 140usd 200cnd with free shipping. I think it was a steal. Canadian prices are inflated.
    skilas likes this.
    12-06-17 03:51 PM
    I seen a few that were less than $200, but like I was saying I didn't look to see if they were in good condition or if something was wrong with them.
    Because I would pick it up for fun, I'd only get one if it was brand new. I'm kinda a snob when it comes to used electronics. I'm not desperate, and can wait until there's some last minute sale.

@techidiot sucks you've had a rough go with the Priv. Surprised you've lasted so long with a sub par device. I've also had issues with the Priv, but no deal breakers. Like everyone says, run hot. But always lasts me the day. My biggest worry is the news that Priv won't get Nougat.
    12-06-17 04:12 PM
    I bought a Motion also, but still have my Priv. I was one of the lucky ones... my Priv didn't have all of the overheating problems that some folks had with theirs. Even so, I have no desire to go back to it. My wife may end up using it. Her iPhone 6s Plus is having some issues and she said she would consider picking up the Priv.
    12-07-17 05:30 AM
    In Europe there's a seller thats selling brand new unlocked Priv's for 210€, and another seller for 213€

What a steal

12-07-17 05:46 AM
    £199 UK pound brand new from currys pc world
    12-07-17 06:17 AM
    Because I would pick it up for fun, I'd only get one if it was brand new. I'm kinda a snob when it comes to used electronics. I'm not desperate, and can wait until there's some last minute sale.

@techidiot sucks you've had a rough go with the Priv. Surprised you've lasted so long with a sub par device. I've also had issues with the Priv, but no deal breakers. Like everyone says, run hot. But always lasts me the day. My biggest worry is the news that Priv won't get Nougat.
    Thanks. I lasted this long, hoping. I don't have a lot of choices. One, I am locked in on a "plan" and that stinks. Two, due to medical reasons, a PKB is necessary for me, so it looks like a KeyOne is my only option -- unless I get another Android device where I can use one of those aftermarket PKB's. Three, I've been with BB so long, I don't know anything about any other devices, and being a Tech *****, I'll end up making a mistake, LOL.

As far as battery life -- I'd be thrilled with a day. My device lasts about two hours! I am trying some fixes now, but it's two hours, and with the wifi on, it won't charge back up to full. I heard about the new OS and all. Not a surprise I guess. Not getting Nougat --
    is that with all carriers?
    12-07-17 07:09 AM
    £199 UK pound brand new from currys pc world
    200 eur and 200 uk

Ya, that's a good price for a quality phone. But still over "impulse purchase" price for an electronic for me. Especially since it will be just a side phone. I bought a 100 cad moto g3 a year ago. Been great as a WiFi android toy. But the tiny storage is killing me. Adding a microsd only helps for certain apps. Other need to be on the phone's internal storage...
    12-07-17 10:10 AM
    Just got an email from Amazon for a new Priv for $235. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...540_em_1p_0_ti
    12-07-17 11:37 PM
    Just got an email from Amazon for a new Priv for $235. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...540_em_1p_0_ti
    USD though. I currently have it at 299 CAD.

But thanks anyways.
    12-08-17 03:00 PM
    200 eur and 200 uk

Ya, that's a good price for a quality phone. But still over "impulse purchase" price for an electronic for me. Especially since it will be just a side phone. I bought a 100 cad moto g3 a year ago. Been great as a WiFi android toy. But the tiny storage is killing me. Adding a microsd only helps for certain apps. Other need to be on the phone's internal storage...
    ...Does it help if you mount the microSD card as internal memory?
    12-12-17 08:01 AM
    ...Does it help if you mount the microSD card as internal memory?
    Using the SD card as internal memory can cause some major issues. It is better to send docs and pics to the SD but not run apps from it.
    12-12-17 08:56 AM
    It's insane how cheap the Priv is now. Currently a UK seller has it for like 210 € brand new, shipped
    12-13-17 03:48 AM

I bought a leap for 80 a year ago since sold it for 60 but I really liked this device. It was great phone if you used it for basic needs and it looked very stylish

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 08:01 AM
    I find the Priv is actually pretty fast, faster than the Keyone.. at least when it comes to processing, performing a single task, even loading. Transitioning between tasks is another story.

While it transitions okay, it doesn't do so with today's speed and smoothness. It has the mobile version of ADD.

If not for the critical updates, which has been announced to be coming to an end, coinciding with the release of the Motion, I still think the Priv is relevant ij today's mobile world and definitely would cut in Motion sales. I mean, like why update up?

The Keyone doesnt do anything differently than the Priv. Everything looks the same. Works the same. Some parts faster, some slower. Prettier screen on the Priv.

If the critical updates still come despite not been released routinely, then I think the Priv will be okay.

Coincidence? Maybe.
    01-29-18 02:56 PM