They are waiting for 6.0 to be released until they release the slider.

Confirmed slider is coming with 6.0 installed(but may be revealed with Lollipop this month)
    I know you have limited info from what you saw from the carrier packet, but did they specifically mention their intentions for the OS at launch and/or what BlackBerry's plans for Marshmallow? As we've seen repeated over and over, Chen said he wouldn't release an android-based phone if he couldn't secure it, so the assumption is that BlackBerry was able to achieve this. But I'm wondering if you know, and are able to share, how they've accomplished this task?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:20 AM
    I know you have limited info from what you saw from the carrier packet, but did they specifically mention their intentions for the OS at launch and/or what BlackBerry's plans for Marshmallow? As we've seen repeated over and over, Chen said he wouldn't release an android-based phone if he couldn't secure it, so the assumption is that BlackBerry was able to achieve this. But I'm wondering if you know, and are able to share, how they've accomplished this task?

Posted via CB10
    That's the million dollar question, did he manage it and how. If he has the world's his and all that comes with it, if he hasn't he has some explaining to do. A company that prides itself on no compromise as far as security goes is going to have to explain why in this case they've had to.

Considering marshmallow hasn't been released yet and the drawing ever closer release of this slider..allegedly. I would hazard a guess that it will release with lollipop. The amount of time BlackBerry must have been working on and testing the os I doubt it will have been on a new os. There'll still be fine tuning to do on the os which won't become apparent until it's in the wild with millions of users. BlackBerry would want to test on an already stable platform. Not even sure if Google would free up the code etc to allow BlackBerry to meddle with it pre release. I know they're getting on fine and dandy at the minute but not quite sharing showers just yet.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    00stryder and astrodan13 like this.
    09-17-15 11:24 AM
    That's the million dollar question, did he manage it and how. If he has the world's his and all that comes with it, if he hasn't he has some explaining to do. A company that prides itself on no compromise as far as security goes is going to have to explain why in this case they've had to.

Considering marshmallow hasn't been released yet and the drawing ever closer release of this slider..allegedly. I would hazard a guess that it will release with lollipop. The amount of time BlackBerry must have been working on and testing the os I doubt it will have been on a new os. There'll still be fine tuning to do on the os which won't become apparent until it's in the wild with millions of users. BlackBerry would want to test on an already stable platform. Not even sure if Google would free up the code etc to allow BlackBerry to meddle with it pre release. I know they're getting on fine and dandy at the minute but not quite sharing showers just yet.

Lol
    Not the Schimdt-Chen mental picture we needed.
    that last sentence made my day.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-17-15 11:42 AM
    I have my moments. I'm hoping he says he hasn't secured android but hey live a little. While chens in a flippant mood in going to ask if there's any chance he can unlock my playbook now that we're partying so I can put Ubuntu on it.
    Before anyone jumps down my throat and says playbooks dead, move on and get over it which I have by the way. I'll just remind folk of when the playbook situation went down how many people that said such things are now complaining about android saying they'll never buy a BlackBerry again?

Some did say if it happened to bb10 what would you do? They said It would never happen!

Cue the spooky music. 3 years seems to be the lifespan of BlackBerry os's these days.

09-17-15 01:03 PM
54 123