If it has a toolbelt and a non-camera variant comes out, I'd sell my Classic in a heartbeat and buy one. I'm a PKB junkie, but one can never have too much screen!

I can't give up the toolbelt though...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 09:22 AM
    If it has a toolbelt and a non-camera variant comes out, I'd sell my Classic in a heartbeat and buy one. I'm a PKB junkie, but one can never have too much screen!

I can't give up the toolbelt though...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    Not a fan of the camera? :/

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    05-27-15 09:31 AM
    A toolbelt on a slider phone? Seems pretty unlikely.
    05-27-15 12:09 PM
    Not a fan of the camera? :/

Complete guess here but they may work somewhere that does not allow camera phones on premises. Kinda rare these days to find a smartphone without, but that's a segment of the market.

Richard
    05-27-15 12:16 PM
    Actually, it does serve a purpose. On the Galaxy s6 edge, it serves 3 functions and Chen said there's going to be a specific use to the curved screen.

Also, it's less prone to damage. I don't remember why but I read a whole article about this

Posted via CB10
    Has Chen actual said "curved screen" in reference to this phone? I haven't actually seen where HE actually says this.

Everything I have read is based on ppls assumptions, which are more than likely accurate based on the pictures, but I never actually read about Chen saying anything about a curved screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:19 PM
    Has Chen actual said "curved screen" in reference to this phone? I haven't actually seen where HE actually says this.

Everything I have read is based on ppls assumptions, which are more than likely accurate based on the pictures, but I never actually read about Chen saying anything about a curved screen.

Posted via CB10
    He actually specifically said curved screen when he first showed the slider phones. And he also specifically said that they'll serve a specific purpose

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:28 PM
    He actually specifically said curved screen when he first showed the slider phones. And he also specifically said that they'll serve a specific purpose

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow, I didn't know that, thanks for the info! Will see if I can check it out.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:06 PM
    It would be cool if there were a way to somehow lock the physical keyboard in for those who don't want to use it

Sent from my Passport
    Put a case on it?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:40 PM
    Meh. I don't like the square corners. Don't like the charging port on the bottom. And don't really want a physical keyboard. My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:55 PM
    The higher end sliders I've had have been pretty solid, though if they go all thin obsessed with this one I'll worry.

One thing I don't like is when you get some grit in the slide, they still work but it doesn't feel nice sliding it open/closed if there's grit in there. I usually shake it and blow in it til it's out.

Posted via CB10
    If there were more people in the world that would shake it and blow it till it's out,then the world would be a much better place...

Passport to heaven..
    05-29-15 12:39 PM
    Def will be fragile! Only reason I never got the old slider..i just knew it was a matter of time till that "sliding motion" would break. Or if dropped, your done! Especially since you probably won't be able to put a case on it!

2 main disadvantages of the slider:
    #1 Fragile
    #2 No case

I still can't wait to see the finished product! I hope we're not all "jinxing" it by talking about it so much!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    Sliders are not that fragile. I've had sliders for years, dating back to my PPC-6700 brick, except for a year with a Treo 800, dropped many times, and never had one come apart. Yeah they might loosen up a little, but they still work fine and are in "one piece". I'm sure there have been plenty of people that have destroyed them, but I've been pretty hard on mine at times, with the road rash to prove it, and haven't had one break yet.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    05-30-15 04:09 PM
    I'll buy it if the screen size increases to 6" and if they decide to make the battery removable.
    I'd like at least 5.5 inches of screen space. But, I doubt we'll get that. Not with everyone still ******** about the 4.5 inch screen on the Passport being too large. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:34 PM
    I hope they don't just offer the slider as an Android. Would be nice to also have the option of getting a BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 03:00 PM
    BlackBerry is about 2.5 years too late with the slider. It was needed when BB10 launched to replace the Torch 9800/9810.

I initially wanted a slider but bought the Z10 instead. I didn't miss the slider once I discovered how good the on-screen keyboard was.

I've since upgraded to the Z30 and miss the slider even less. If we're adding bulk to the phone, make it in the form of a replaceable battery, not a slider mechanism.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    07-31-15 04:19 PM
    I'm thankful that there seem to be a lot of people who disagree with you.
    I for one will likely buy a slider as soon as my budget allows me to.
    I'd buy two if I could, just to make sure I have another one when the first one wears out.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 06:50 AM
    I'd like at least 5.5 inches of screen space. But, I doubt we'll get that. Not with everyone still ******** about the 4.5 inch screen on the Passport being too large. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport screen is not too large it is too W I D E. Square screens are only good on small phones like the Q10. Maybe if you possess huge hands the Passport would be fine. Still though the device seems too wide to be a reasonable phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:11 AM
    Like many smart phone users I have continually up-sized my phones. My first cell phone was a tiny Samsung flip phone, then to the Moto RAZR v3.
    Next came the BB Curve (I had two of those), several years later the Google Nexus, 5 increasing in size Android phones that ended with the Note2. Passport brought me back to BB (finally and thankfully). In a sense the Passport is a "downsize" from the Note2. In all these transitions phone use went from a very convenient one handed activity to a two handed somewhat cumbersome operation.
    When I first saw the Slider I thought that that would be the next BB for me. Then came the Classic...WOW!...a one hand use BB phone. Now that phone will let my hands actually multi-task instead of monopolizing both appendages just to type a text or email, or even use the full functions of the phone. Now the Slider looks cumbersome to me. Lost total interest in big phones. I love my Passport, intrigued by the Classic.
    So for me downsizing seems far more attractive to me, convenience of use is becoming a priority. Bigger is not better in my world anymore ( except for TVs).
    08-01-15 07:40 AM
    Depends, I thought they were bumping it to 64-bit architecture, meaning they should at least be trying to squeeze 4GB+ RAM into it :/

However not gonna lie, I like the look of that fine thing

No phone really needs 4gb of RAM, most people don't even utilize that on their computers, I think 3 is good now next year maybe 4

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 06:08 PM
    Doesn't matter I'm getting it regardless

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:34 AM
219 ... 789