Sure

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:21 PM
    I think that "high end" is really what consumers are wanting and not necessarily what a purchasing director of a major corporation is wanting.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    05-07-15 05:18 AM
    Changed to the Passport for the physical keyboard and love it. But I miss a phone I can hold in one hand. This has the best of both worlds here and looks amazing. So yes in a hot second I would buy this phone.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    05-07-15 02:17 PM
    That brings up a good point,.. how impossibly difficult will it be to find a good case for this thing considering practically no case manufacturer will want to take the risk of designing and producing something which may be a bit more complex than usual.

Unless they just... leave the bottom (or top--depending on what actually slides) open.
    I remember when I had the Torch and had an Otterbox case they had designed it in a two part case with the slider/screen having one half and the bottom/keyboard another. Maybe something like that would be easier for manufacturers to make

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 10:41 PM
    I remember when I had the Torch and had an Otterbox case they had designed it in a two part case with the slider/screen having one half and the bottom/keyboard another. Maybe something like that would be easier for manufacturers to make

Posted via CB10
    I had this and it scuffed up my 9810 pretty bad. Didn't notice it till I took it off a year later. I wouldn't recommend it.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-09-15 10:45 PM
    I had a cheap case for my 9810 but like my other slider phones the part for the screen broke easily (the little tabs that held it on). The other part was always fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:41 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I cannot think of a business owner I know (I am one) that uses or wants a pkb. Youngsters have grown up on vkb. The keyboard on the Passport may change that thinking, but then again, one must be able to get their hands on one to try. A little hard for those of us that need Verizon's coverage.
    Must be the crowd you hand out with, lol... many I know use Blackberry pkb.... In any event, Slider will cater to both....

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    05-10-15 01:15 AM
    No double typing device for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that would be a real downer. Based on the recent track record, it's a valid concern.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:55 AM
    Hell yeah I would get this. It would definitely be my go to phone to replace my z30

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:25 AM
    That's exactly what I've been saying!!!! The day that the Slider was announced, I said they should have this option and everyone called me crazy. Well...I guess great minds think alike

Although tbh, I don't think BlackBerry will care enough to add this button

Posted via CB10
    Why would you buy it if you don't want a physical keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 09:01 AM
    It's a yes from me. I would buy it if it looks like the renders and has the specs mentioned in some of the posts

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 09:27 AM
    Thats actually a pretty good looking device. If the actual device is thin like that it might just be enough to keep me from switching platforms. The virtual keyboard would be and absolute must.
    05-10-15 10:37 AM
    Awesome concept! Definitely would buy it!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 01:18 PM
    Come to think of it I'd rather it be thicker if they can give us a better battery. Especially since it's most likely a fixed battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 01:27 PM
    Looks very beautiful...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:48 PM
    I'd love to get this phone but without the keyboard. Maybe they should release 2 versions?

Posted with my dirty thirty
    05-17-15 01:25 PM
    Two versions would actually be cool and might make a lot of people happy and not switch platforms due to no option for Z10 and Z30 users

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 01:45 PM
    I dont buy a phone based on its looks. My Q10 is 2 years old and I'd love a new phone, was hoping the slider would be it but I want a removable battery and a toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:43 PM
    If I have enough money and I will

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:25 AM
    We should sign a petition to release Slider early. It'd be cool 'marketing' for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:29 AM
    Only if the sliding open to accept calls and sliding close to end calls is part of the deal. If I'm going to have a mechanical phone, I'd want the mechanical form to support some features, too. Heck, who am I kidding... even if it doesn't support that feature, I'd get it just because I like the mechanical feature of the sliding keyboard. The slider won't need a telescoping antenna, but it'd be another nice feature to have for perceived added power/reception.

Note: I have no idea how antennas work. I just like mechanical stuff like that.
    05-18-15 11:50 AM
    I don't know if this will happen, but it would certainly be great if BlackBerry could find a single form factor that allowed them to satisfy most of the PKB and VKB users. Then they could afford to produce top quality phones with higher-end specs instead of having to support half a dozen different models.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:42 PM
    yes, absolutely!
    05-18-15 02:21 PM
    I don't know if this will happen, but it would certainly be great if BlackBerry could find a single form factor that allowed them to satisfy most of the PKB and VKB users. Then they could afford to produce top quality phones with higher-end specs instead of having to support half a dozen different models.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I can tell, slider would be thin enough that even with a slider-keyboard, it'd be about same thickness as current z30.

So, if you are full touch user, you can easily buy a slider and use it as full touch. Just don't slide the keyboard out 99% of the time.

On rare occasions, those 1% of the time, when you wished you had a pkb, you'd have it. Eg: scrolling webpages using capacitive keyboard, precise text selection, shortcuts, typing blind, typing without taking off gloves and so on.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:50 PM
    Regarding the keyboard, a Passport type would be awesome (sensitive)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:56 PM
219 ... 56789