It would be cool if there were a way to somehow lock the physical keyboard in for those who don't want to use it

Sent from my Passport
    Red Green would grab the duck tape. Quick fix.
    05-05-15 04:34 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-05-15 04:36 PM
    BlackBerry take my money!!
    Don't say that... what if they think they can get away with Z10's specs?

For me, that looks... ok, I also need the battery life to be as good as Z30 or Passport, screen as beautiful as Passport, Processor and GPU as powerful as Passport, with all the interfaces supported by Z30 or Passport, maybe plus wireless charging. And then I will consider to upgrade from my Passport.
    newfie1974 likes this.
    05-05-15 04:42 PM
    With current high end specs, 6" high res screen.
    05-05-15 04:56 PM
    For those of you debating the whole way to get to the hub thing. The solution is rather simple. Currently there are four ways to get to the hub. That's right, FOUR (4). And that's not counting toast notifications.
    1. Swipe up and right from anywhere.
    2. While in the homescreen, or in the app pages, swipe right until you pass the homescreen.
    3. Pressing the big hub shortcut
    4. Pressing the small hub icon on the page list.

How about we cut that down to "only" three ways? And I have an idea that (might) satisfy everyone. I say make the big hub shortcut a customizeable shortcut and instead, if you have a notification, replace the small hub icon on the page list with the splash, and make it a little bigger too so it's not hard to touch. So, I know there will be complaints about this idea as well, so let's hear them...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    thedose and Bbnivende like this.
    05-05-15 05:12 PM
    There's a fairly good rumor that BlackBerry is actually sourcing the same display that Samsung is using for the S6 Edge. IF that is the case, the same screen protectors would work at least.
    Funny you say that....its kinda what I was thinking when I typed that post. Good to hear that rumor...because there is already tempered glass for the S6

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    05-05-15 05:18 PM
    Funny you say that....its kinda what I was thinking when I typed that post. Good to hear that rumor...because there is already tempered glass for the S6

Did I mention that I'm even more stoked about this device?

05-05-15 05:20 PM
    For those of you debating the whole way to get to the hub thing. The solution is rather simple. Currently there are four ways to get to the hub. That's right, FOUR (4). And that's not counting toast notifications.
    1. Swipe up and right from anywhere.
    2. While in the homescreen, or in the app pages, swipe right until you pass the homescreen.
    3. Pressing the big hub shortcut
    4. Pressing the small hub icon on the page list.

How about we cut that down to "only" three ways? And I have an idea that (might) satisfy everyone. I say make the big hub shortcut a customizeable shortcut and instead, if you have a notification, replace the small hub icon on the page list with the splash, and make it a little bigger too so it's not hard to touch. So, I know there will be complaints about this idea as well, so let's hear them...

My theory for the slider is that in most cases, what we see as the hub preview on the left side of our screen could be enabled to be permanently on the edge off the screen, scrollable, and actionable (as in you could tap the text message icon, and it would bring you to the hub with only texts showing.

I guess it's more of a wish then a theory really.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and BSar like this.
    05-05-15 05:35 PM
    I say make the big hub shortcut a customizeable shortcut and instead, if you have a notification, replace the small hub icon on the page list with the splash, and make it a little bigger too so it's not hard to touch. So, I know there will be complaints about this idea as well, so let's hear them...
    Basically you're saying move the permanent hub icon that's on the Classic...to the teeny tiny hub icon position but simply make it bigger, leaving room for a customize-able icon where the permanent hub icon is currently located. Now that would be cool! But take it a step further and make all icons customize-able. (kinda like they do....you know....on every other phone on the planet.)

My theory for the slider is that in most cases, what we see as the hub preview on the left side of our screen could be enabled to be permanently on the edge off the screen, scrollable, and actionable (as in you could tap the text message icon, and it would bring you to the hub with only texts showing.
    Now you're talking! Use that extra screen real estate to maximize the great communications tools that BB already has.
    FCSC likes this.
    05-05-15 06:54 PM
    It would be cool if there were a way to somehow lock the physical keyboard in for those who don't want to use it

Sent from my Passport
    There will be no need to lock the keyboard. The keyboard won't deploy unless the user physically slides the phone up. If you don't want to use the slider, just don't slide the phone...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-05-15 07:30 PM
    Yup!
    05-05-15 07:48 PM
    Basically you're saying move the permanent hub icon that's on the Classic...to the teeny tiny hub icon position but simply make it bigger, leaving room for a customize-able icon where the permanent hub icon is currently located. Now that would be cool! But take it a step further and make all icons customize-able. (kinda like they do....you know....on every other phone on the planet.)

Now you're talking! Use that extra screen real estate to maximize the great communications tools that BB already has.
    There's definitely enough room to make that icon bigger and easier to touch, and then it just gets replaced with the red spark when notifications are pending so that'll be very easy to see and know you have pending notifications.

05-05-15 08:07 PM
    Absolutely I would. Can't wait to see what it will be like though.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:20 AM
    Don't say that... what if they think they can get away with Z10's specs?

For me, that looks... ok, I also need the battery life to be as good as Z30 or Passport, screen as beautiful as Passport, Processor and GPU as powerful as Passport, with all the interfaces supported by Z30 or Passport, maybe plus wireless charging. And then I will consider to upgrade from my Passport.
    if everything on this phone was "as good as" the Passport then why would you consider it an upgrade? it's more like stagnation. you'd just be changing your form factor.
    05-06-15 03:37 AM
    There will be no need to lock the keyboard. The keyboard won't deploy unless the user physically slides the phone up. If you don't want to use the slider, just don't slide the phone...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    you can tell he has never used one. as a former 9810 user i really hope it has the same 'snap' feel when opening and closing
    Bbnivende, CarGuy1368 and jakie55 like this.
    05-06-15 03:40 AM
    For some of us, the form factor change is reason enough. A big slider phone is what a lot of us were begging for prior to the release of the Passport.

The Passport was actually Heins' project. I'm thankful that the release of the slider demonstrates that Mr Chen was listening to the requests.

if everything on this phone was "as good as" the Passport then why would you consider it an upgrade? it's more like stagnation. you'd just be changing your form factor.
    05-06-15 08:48 AM
    For some of us, the form factor change is reason enough. A big slider phone is what a lot of us were begging for prior to the release of the Passport.

The Passport was actually Heins' project. I'm thankful that the release of the slider demonstrates that Mr Chen was listening to the requests.
    still don't see how it's an upgrade if it had the same specs. oh.. and he's not listening to us. we're just consumers trying to get a piece of the enterprise action. enjoy the new headsets while they are still making them....
    05-06-15 09:12 AM
    Well, I'm a former business owner, and use my phone considerably for business purposes. That said, I admittedly don't represent the large enterprise accounts that they're hoping for.
    I personally think that this phone will please those potential customers though. It's the best of all worlds. It has the QWERTY that many business users still want, but also offers the full touch & large screen to which they have become accustomed.

still don't see how it's an upgrade if it had the same specs. oh.. and he's not listening to us. we're just consumers trying to get a piece of the enterprise action. enjoy the new headsets while they are still making them....
    05-06-15 10:15 AM
    I cannot think of a business owner I know (I am one) that uses or wants a pkb. Youngsters have grown up on vkb. The keyboard on the Passport may change that thinking, but then again, one must be able to get their hands on one to try. A little hard for those of us that need Verizon's coverage.

Well, I'm a former business owner, and use my phone considerably for business purposes. That said, I admittedly don't represent the large enterprise accounts that they're hoping for.
    I personally think that this phone will please those potential customers though. It's the best of all worlds. It has the QWERTY that many business users still want, but also offers the full touch & large screen to which they have become accustomed.
    05-06-15 10:36 AM
    <shrug>
    Which is why they are also releasing slab phones.

I cannot think of a business owner I know (I am one) that uses or wants a pkb. Youngsters have grown up on vkb. The keyboard on the Passport may change that thinking, but then again, one must be able to get their hands on one to try. A little hard for those of us that need Verizon's coverage.
    05-06-15 11:14 AM
    But not high end phones. No true high spec phablets
    05-06-15 11:30 AM
    But not high end phones. No true high spec phablets
    The passport was high end. The Slider is going to be a full-touch phone with the option of using a pkb, and it'll be very high-end!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:33 AM
    Passport is only available to a select few - read ATT, and hard to find in stores. Got to wait at least 6 -7 months before we the slider is available and then on what carriers.
    05-06-15 12:16 PM
    No that back is ugly, it should be a BlackBerry logo

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:27 PM
    Because Passport is good enough for me on those aspects... if they make it even better that would be a plus of course, but the only thing I feel short on the Passport is the form factor... too wide for one hand use, and I like BlackBerry all touch keyboard better than its physical keyboard ( don't get me wrong, BlackBerry physical keyboard is better than the other all touch keyboards, just not as good as BlackBerry all touch keyboard, for me anyway).
    05-06-15 11:11 PM
219 ... 45678 ...