My wife would love it! Her Z30 is due for an upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 04:06 AM
    Q - Detachable keyboard with a replacement back cover to hide the mechanical parts?
    A - Absolutely!!

Q - A way to lock the keyboard in without the need to superglue it?
    A - 60% yes!

Q - No way to remove / lock the PKB?
    A - I'll pass and wait another 45 years for a full touch flagship!!
    05-05-15 06:48 AM
    even without the keyboard and no slide, full-touch, high specs.
    05-05-15 07:20 AM
    I don't really understand what your first paragraph means... I do the up and right one-handed in one quick motion, not two, it's quite natural to go up then right when using it with the right hand. It's the lefties that might not find the motion natural. And there is an option to return to the main hub if left idle, not to mention simply pressing "U" to see your last unread item...
    Exactly. This only works if in your hand.....and only in your right hand. On the desk, or just out of holster that must be on left side due to magnet orientation.....no go.

And regarding being able to see that you have notifications pending from "No matter where you are (besides in an app)"? Do you know what you can do to see if you have pending notifications that work no matter where you are including while in an app? Swipe up from the bottom, then if you see some, continue the motion to the right.
    Of course. But this requires that you check for them. The other alert....like iPhone/Android/BBOS is just right there. Red dot is in your face. If your red light timed out its easier to miss something that requires you check for its existence to begin with.

It's all down to muscle memory now. I don't even have to think about what I need to do. Without the gestures, I would have to consider if I'm inside an app or not and depending on the situation, my required actions will differ.
    Mmmm....nope. On the Classic, the same action always get you to the hub, and always to the *top* of the hub, not just to the last place you left it.

End button.....hub button....no matter what the situation, and no matter how you're holding it, of even if you're holding it at all.

I just use the up-and-to-the-right gesture to get to the hub from wherever. It works regardless of whether you are in the homescreen or in an app.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, the swipe is also useful in many cases too. But lower left icon works with less effort and without being held in your hand....specifically your right hand.... and functions as an alert without forcing you to check for something you missed.
    05-05-15 07:23 AM
    I'll even add an image to demonstrate what FCSC is talking about (in case you are not aware, redlightblinking)

Attachment 351073
    Of course.....but this icon is tiny....teeny tiny....and half time you end up doing something else. AND, it has no red dot alert.
    05-05-15 07:31 AM
    OK. We get it. You don't like slider phones, or keyboards.
    Now go away and let those of us who have been begging for this phone
    enjoy the anticipation.

Q - Detachable keyboard with a replacement back cover to hide the mechanical parts?
    A - Absolutely!!

Q - A way to lock the keyboard in without the need to superglue it?
    A - 60% yes!

Q - No way to remove / lock the PKB?
    A - I'll pass and wait another 45 years for a full touch flagship!!
    05-05-15 07:56 AM
    I would absolutely buy this phone given the proposed specs we have seen thus far. I suppose my 'make or break' aspect to this phone would be whether or not BlackBerry implements some sort of latch or button that could lock the physical keyboard in place. I am not against physical keyboards, I merely would just wish to use the virtual keyboard instead.

If some sort of lock and release mechanism were implemented for on this phone for the slide out keyboard, I would absolutely zero hesitation in buying it.
    05-05-15 08:19 AM
    I would absolutely buy this phone given the proposed specs we have seen thus far. I suppose my 'make or break' aspect to this phone would be whether or not BlackBerry implements some sort of latch or button that could lock the physical keyboard in place. I am not against physical keyboards, I merely would just wish to use the virtual keyboard instead.

If some sort of lock and release mechanism were implemented for on this phone for the slide out keyboard, I would absolutely zero hesitation in buying it.
    I also really want a lock mechanism

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:22 AM
    No double typing device for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:26 AM
    Of course.....but this icon is tiny....teeny tiny....and half time you end up doing something else. AND, it has no red dot alert.
    Actually, you don't end up doing something else.

I just tried it on my Q5 20 times and every single one of those times it launched the HUB, straight up. Now think about that, think about the size of the screen on the Q5 and how much smaller the icon is compared to, say a Passport... Think...

I'm running OS 10.3.1.1865 and it literally just pops you into the HUB.

You need to stop trying to make excuses and just learn to love the OS.
    FCSC likes this.
    05-05-15 08:27 AM
    OK. We get it. You don't like slider phones, or keyboards.
    Now go away and let those of us who have been begging for this phone
    enjoy the anticipation.
    LOL

*Walking away from the thread*
    05-05-15 08:59 AM
    A vertical slider phone that is this big just seems awkward and will be top heavy and difficult to use. Seriously for anyone that wants this phone - do a quick mockup up out of cardboard. Imagine a Z30 with a slider portrait keyboard at the bottom. Keyboard usability will be a nightmare IMHO. The Torch was a lot smaller.

Now - the rendering looks great. If the keyboard is detachable and this can be used a touchscreen device, BlackBerry would be on to something then.
    05-05-15 11:10 AM
    A vertical slider phone that is this big just seems awkward and will be top heavy and difficult to use. Seriously for anyone that wants this phone - do a quick mockup up out of cardboard. Imagine a Z30 with a slider portrait keyboard at the bottom. Keyboard usability will be a nightmare IMHO. The Torch was a lot smaller.

Now - the rendering looks great. If the keyboard is detachable and this can be used a touchscreen device, BlackBerry would be on to something then.
    No they wouldn't. You just said a top heavy device would be difficult and awkward to use. If they keyboard layer was detachable all the internal components would lie beneath the screen. That would be top heavy. Even if let's say the keyboard alone was detachable, all components would be crammed into the top portion of the bottom layer resulting in uneven weight distribution.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:29 AM
    The weight of the Slider is in the body. The body has all the heavy components. The screen that slides up will be light relative to the body. Balance has to be designed in.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:38 AM
    From renders, rumors, it is pretty clear that when phone is closed, you won't be able to tell it's a slider. It'd look like a regular full touch phone. And will be pretty thin overall (no thicker than z30 even w slide out keyboard).

I think all the people asking for a full touch keyboard are going to be pleasantly surprised when Slider is released. If it's so thin and looks like a non-slider, has great specs, I think you'll buy it!

Slider is going to be a huge seller. Full touch crowd will buy it. PKB crowd will buy it. Slider crowd will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-05-15 12:06 PM
    No, I can't imagine trying to make a phone call on that monolith. I'd rather have a 7 or 8 inch tablet for media viewing.
    05-05-15 12:37 PM
    Actually, you don't end up doing something else..
    You're basing this on standing over my shoulder and watching me make 10 attemps in a row to touch the button? Or.....something else?

The plot thickens....

I just tried it on my Q5 20 times and every single one of those times it launched the HUB, straight up. Now think about that, think about the size of the screen on the Q5 and how much smaller the icon is compared to, say a Passport... Think....
    And now think about how you might have a different size hand or fingers than some other person. Think......

Or think about how you may be holding the phone differently than some other person........Think.....

I'm running OS 10.3.1.1865 and it literally just pops you into the HUB.
    Yes, hub icons are known to do that. That was never in question.

But if the Hub's last known state was inside an email you were reading....or inside an attachment that was inside an email you were reading.....think about where the teeny, tiny icon takes you.....think... Yes, it takes you back to that email or that photo.....not to the hub list at the most recent messages.

You need to stop trying to make excuses and just learn to love the OS.
    What was I making excuses about? Seems you're the one do the various excusing here. Why do I need to learn to love the OS? What makes you think I don't already?
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 05-05-15 at 01:15 PM.
    05-05-15 12:53 PM
    If the Slider looked like this, would you buy it?

Of course the specs would be the same as the rumored specs (5.1" SuperAmoled curved screen, 3gb ram, 13mp camera...etc)
    Attachment 350885
    Attachment 350886

Posted via CB10
    and if the price isn't over 400 euro's

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-15 12:57 PM
    I've had what was essentially a Z10 with a slider. The balance was fine.
    I'm sure they aren't going to release a device without figuring this issue out.

05-05-15 01:02 PM
    Damn straight Id buy that phone! If the new slider doesnt have a curved screen, I def wouldnt buy it!
    05-05-15 01:28 PM
    Depends on the final build and specs
    Design wise I love it, I'm not a fan of the belt anymore I love BlackBerry 10 as it was originally designed to be used.

If it has top notch specs and some OS updates included I say yes. By then I think my Sony will be spent unfortunately based on how it's aging now and my Z10 is just too small to keep using as a daily phone.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and jakie55 like this.
    05-05-15 03:01 PM
    I'm lining up now
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    05-05-15 03:40 PM
    I think the only issue I see it's difficult to obtain accessories for Bb devices...although we have seen a little more love with the passport and the classic. Getting screen protectors could prove to be difficult and expensive
    05-05-15 03:45 PM
    I think the only issue I see it's difficult to obtain accessories for Bb devices...although we have seen a little more love with the passport and the classic. Getting screen protectors could prove to be difficult and expensive
    There's a fairly good rumor that BlackBerry is actually sourcing the same display that Samsung is using for the S6 Edge. IF that is the case, the same screen protectors would work at least.
    05-05-15 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry take my money!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-05-15 04:32 PM
219 ... 34567 ...