Why is there such a massive amount of dead space below the slid out keyboard?
    It's not dead space, that's where the speaker grill is

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:55 PM
    Before I purchased the Z30, a definite H*ll yeah! Now, I'm really looking for a reason "not" to purchase it so I can wait for the FT BlackBerry. But, I've learned to never say never. I just want the next BlackBerry I purchase to be better than my Z30. If the specs are the same as what I have now, I'll wait. It's not about having the greatest specs, but, I do want to see BlackBerry step up.
    jakie55 likes this.
    05-04-15 03:48 PM
    Nope - would never buy one. Already tried the concept with the Torch 9800.
    Sliding the keyboard in and out just got tiresome and annoying after a while.
    Also, it added weight to the phone. I will pass on this.
    Waiting for a Classic II (will probably never happen) with more power
    under the hood.
    Cheers.
    05-04-15 03:54 PM
    Before I purchased the Z30, a definite H*ll yeah! Now, I'm really looking for a reason "not" to purchase it so I can wait for the FT BlackBerry. But, I've learned to never say never. I just want the next BlackBerry I purchase to be better than my Z30. If the specs are the same as what I have now, I'll wait. It's not about having the greatest specs, but, I do want to see BlackBerry step up.
    I guess you haven't heard the rumored specs?! This device is supposed to have better specs than even the passport!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-04-15 03:54 PM
    I'll buy it if it can be set so that the motion of sliding the phone answers and ends calls. (Like most vertical sliders in phone history)
    If it's impossible, I'm sticking with the Classic until BB makes another toolbelt phone
    05-04-15 04:51 PM
    This is the phone I'm looking forward to. I'm not interested in it as a slider, but as a full-touch. I'll try it out using the slide-out keyboard, but it's been 6 years since I've used a physical keyboard BB. When I've tried to type on an old BB with a physical keyboard lying around the office, it was slow and awkward for me. I might use it more for shortcut keys and as a track pad (assuming the keys will be like the Passport in that regard). I think the curved edges look sweet and will feel great too, just based on how the Torch 9850 was, which felt great in the hand. I just hope the specs are at least comparable to the Passport, but I hope they are better.

I'm actually eligible for an upgrade now on Verizon. So I can't get a Passport and I don't want a Z30 only because it's a year-and-a-half old now and I'd really like newer specs. Although I am somewhat tempted to just buy one online (ebay prices are comparable to the unlocked GSM model) and use my upgrade for the slider later.
    pttptppt likes this.
    05-04-15 04:55 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:07 PM
    That's exactly what I've been saying!!!! The day that the Slider was announced, I said they should have this option and everyone called me crazy. Well...I guess great minds think alike

Although tbh, I don't think BlackBerry will care enough to add this button

Posted via CB10
    I used a 9800 for over a year without using the physical keyboard at all (found the keys too narrow for my big fingers).

I don't recall the keyboard EVER extending accidentally.
    extisis likes this.
    05-04-15 05:17 PM
    I used a 9800 for over a year without using the physical keyboard at all (found the keys too narrow for my big fingers).

No, it really never did. I loved the slider mechanism on those phones, mine were rock-solid.

Interesting you found the PKB on the Torch too narrow. I did fine with it as well as my even smaller Curves, but for me anything but the largest touch screen keyboard is way too small for me to be even passably accurate. I mean, I can type on the Playbook...anything smaller isn't an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:47 PM
    No, it really never did. I loved the slider mechanism on those phones, mine were rock-solid.

Interesting you found the PKB on the Torch too narrow. I did fine with it as well as my even smaller Curves, but for me anything but the largest touch screen keyboard is way too small for me to be even passably accurate. I mean, I can type on the Playbook...anything smaller isn't an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    No, I found I was hitting multiple keys on the 9800's pkb, sadly, unless I was VERY careful. It was just easier to use the vkb for me. I moved on to a 9900 and later the Q10 and had no problems with either keyboard. My Passport, of course, is outstanding.

I understand the 9810 had a SLIGHTLY wider pkb, but I never got the chance to try one.

On a mostly unrelated note, I actually miss SureType. I wonder if BlackBerry ever tried it in BB10?
    05-04-15 05:57 PM
    Looks good!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:02 PM
    Hilarious. Yea, I know how to take the long way (as you can see from my description of it) but I prefer the short way.
    EVERY bb10 device has a shortcut to the hub via 1 tap....

bottom middle of the screen, where it has the shortcuts to your homescreen & App pages
    tufcustomer and BlackQtCoder like this.
    05-04-15 06:33 PM
    I'm all for it, even though I'd never use the pkb. But I think the "BlackBerry " written on the back it's not nice. I always liked the standalone  logo on the back. Nice renders though. Hope the real slider comes out this nice looking.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:53 PM
    EVERY bb10 device has a shortcut to the hub via 1 tap....

bottom middle of the screen, where it has the shortcuts to your homescreen & App pages
    I'll even add an image to demonstrate what FCSC is talking about (in case you are not aware, redlightblinking)

If the Slider looks like this, would you buy it?-blackberry-10-2_1.jpg
    tufcustomer and FCSC like this.
    05-04-15 07:51 PM
    I'll even add an image to demonstrate what FCSC is talking about (in case you are not aware, redlightblinking)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-10-2_1.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	351073
    U mean u still have 10.2.1??? :s

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:38 PM
    I guess you haven't heard the rumored specs?! This device is supposed to have better specs than even the passport!

Posted via CB10
    Yah....I heard. When I actually see the device.....then....I'll do cartwheels. Too soon for me. I never get caught up in the buildup hype leading up to the actual "pre-release" hype to happen later. Then, like others, complain about the device when it falls short.....in their opinion.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-04-15 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
    05-04-15 08:40 PM
    I

On a mostly unrelated note, I actually miss SureType. I wonder if BlackBerry ever tried it in BB10?
    I actually liked SureType too. esp on Torch II

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.500 Allergy/Pulmonary
    05-04-15 08:57 PM
    I had the 9810 and I liked that key board better. This looks like an old physical keyboard from the cheaper curve. Not certain about the screen. As some have said, I think it would be more prone to damage without the side bezel.
    extisis likes this.
    05-04-15 08:58 PM
    I have gotten used to the pkb on the Passport but would prefer a phone that is less wide, has a large touch screen area and a pkb. Slider fits the bill.

Note the two newest high end phones created by Blackberry. Both are niche devices and neither are the typical glass slabs put out by Apple and Samsung. Even Samsung's newest phone just has rounded edges.

Blackberry plays to the tastes of a business oriented individual who wants something different from the crowd, looks cool, but gets work done well.

I would like them to advertise this one and the Passport together.

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.500 Allergy/Pulmonary
    05-04-15 09:06 PM
    Yes take my money now

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:09 PM
    Hell yes!!! I'm all over that!! White one please!!

Posted via CB10 on my AT&T AMOLED Z30
    extisis likes this.
    05-04-15 09:26 PM

i don't see how you used the vkb... granted the physical keys were small but the vkb on the 9800/9810 was the biggest failure I've ever seen on a phone. screen was too small for it. the 9860 had a better outing i'm sure.
    05-04-15 09:48 PM
    I say it again - TAKE MY MONEY, BlackBerry. And give me this Slider. In white, please.

Posted via CB10
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    05-04-15 09:58 PM
    No, I found I was hitting multiple keys on the 9800's pkb, sadly, unless I was VERY careful. It was just easier to use the vkb for me. I moved on to a 9900 and later the Q10 and had no problems with either keyboard. My Passport, of course, is outstanding.

I understand the 9810 had a SLIGHTLY wider pkb, but I never got the chance to try one.

I keep forgetting about the 9800/9810 differences; I had the 9810.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:58 PM
    no, I remember that form on the dell venue pro... didn't like it much then, doubt I would now
    If the Slider looks like this, would you buy it?-dell-venue-pro-000.jpg

edit: reasons I didn't like it included that I just got used to the touchscreen keyboard for most things (it was simplier to get used to than to bother sliding out the keyboard). For longer things, a slider form that slide out from the side (not bottom) was more ergonomic to hold. Not sure if this would be a problem on a square passport, but it was for that form above.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-04-15 11:05 PM
219 ... 23456 ...