Getting to the HUB using gestures takes a fraction of a second. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here?

Posted via CB10
    Touching the icon takes less than that fraction of second, and doesn't require you to be holding the phone in your right hand to do it like that.
    05-04-15 08:55 AM
    I'm all for more customization of those shortcuts. It's one of the things BB still doesn't do that nearly all others do.

Regarding the swipe and and then to the right being "the quickest", at most it's no faster because, as you said, it's 2 combined actions compared to 1 that requires no movement and not a specific approach angle (while holding the phone in right hand and letting your thumb's nature angle do the work). And, you get to the hub's last known state, which may then require more actions to get back to the list of messages, as opposed to the icon that always puts you right at the most recent messages.

Beyond that, the icon is the only way you can actually see if you have missed messages from any home screen (not just the one the standard hub icon might sit at, which could be on some other screen than the one you're looking at, and can never be seen from active frames screen). No matter where you are (besides in an app) you can notice the lower left red dot (splat) because it's pinned there. No other BB10 phone in existence can do this (even though it's standard on Android and iPhone with their docks), and it's the closest thing to BBOS7 with it's "splat" on the top bar. So seeing the red dot that says "oh, gosh, I missed something" then instinctively touching it to go directly to those messages, is very satisfying.
    I don't really understand what your first paragraph means... I do the up and right one-handed in one quick motion, not two, it's quite natural to go up then right when using it with the right hand. It's the lefties that might not find the motion natural. And there is an option to return to the main hub if left idle, not to mention simply pressing "U" to see your last unread item...

And regarding being able to see that you have notifications pending from "No matter where you are (besides in an app)"? Do you know what you can do to see if you have pending notifications that work no matter where you are including while in an app? Swipe up from the bottom, then if you see some, continue the motion to the right.

It's all down to muscle memory now. I don't even have to think about what I need to do. Without the gestures, I would have to consider if I'm inside an app or not and depending on the situation, my required actions will differ. With the gestures, it's the exact same thing no matter what. So now for me, it's automatic. So automatic I do it on other phones too and wonder why it's not working, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-04-15 09:44 AM
    This render is different than the Blade concept and it's also by a different designer

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I was pointing out that the Slider concept was considered as one of the first BB10 phones in concept.

And nearly four years later it is still not a reality.

Posted from my Passport. It's hip to be square
    05-04-15 09:56 AM
    That is a sweet looking piece. I'm all in.
    05-04-15 10:05 AM
    If the Slider looked like this, would you buy it?

Of course the specs would be the same as the rumored specs (5.1" SuperAmoled curved screen, 3gb ram, 13mp camera...etc)
    Attachment 350885
    Attachment 350886

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. No belt. Might as well have a Passport.

I use the Hub shortcut on my Classic (in the lower left in place of the phone icon on all other BB10 phones) more than any other. If I have to go back to various swipes to get to the hub again I'd rather stick with the Classic.

Other than that, this render looks beautiful to me.
    I just use the up-and-to-the-right gesture to get to the hub from wherever. It works regardless of whether you are in the homescreen or in an app.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I was pointing out that the Slider concept was considered as one of the first BB10 phones in concept.

And nearly four years later it is still not a reality.

Posted from my Passport. It's hip to be square
    I'm guessing you missed the announcement. BlackBerry announced at MWC that they're making a slider phone so this device will come out. So yes, it will be a reality

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:06 AM
    oh hell yes....
    would probably never use the slide....
    This should have been the Z50 w/o slide!!!!!
    T.
    05-04-15 10:26 AM
    oh hell yes....
    would probably never use the slide....
    This should have been the Z50 w/o slide!!!!!
    T.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:29 AM
    Mmm... a bit too long for my taste

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:32 AM
    If the slider looks like a dog turd I'll still buy it.

Also I hope at least one person actually superglues the keyboard. Hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:37 AM
    No i wouldn't. I think the balance would be off and the keyboard is too extended.

BB Proud
    05-04-15 10:39 AM
    Looks very nice. Would love it more though if it were wide enough to accommodate 1 more column of icons.
    05-04-15 10:46 AM
    Very nice, no tool belt, even better.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:50 AM
    I may consider it when my contract with Rogers will end up, if of course it is available and if capacity will be equal or better than the Passport

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:03 AM
    I thought it was going to be a 16mp camera?... the keyboard is the only thing throwing me off and perhaps the thinness of it. Other than that, I would very much and am planning to invest getting this phone when it rolls out on Telus by end of the year.
    05-04-15 11:04 AM
    Of course I would jump in with two feet to buy this Slider. If this is the design will come out, it will be the killer.
    05-04-15 11:05 AM
    If the slider looks like a dog turd I'll still buy it.

Also I hope at least one person actually superglues the keyboard. Hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be that person

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:11 AM
    I'll buy it if the screen size increases to 6" and if they decide to make the battery removable.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    05-04-15 11:27 AM
    No, I've got a Passport. Don't want or need two phones

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    05-04-15 11:29 AM
    Nope, no need for a slider.
    05-04-15 12:12 PM
    of course it won't be that flat, but I would be all over it!
    05-04-15 12:15 PM
    I'd love one which looks like this without the physical key who's .. gotta say even though the curved screen is just a gimmick it looks great on this design and on the S6 edge as well!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 01:43 PM
    There is a simple way to lock the keyboard, slap a case on it.
    Good idea, lol. Maybe Seidio or someone will make one that fits. Or BlackBerry could make one. And compare sales of the case with Slider sales.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 01:59 PM
    Why is there such a massive amount of dead space below the slid out keyboard?
    05-04-15 02:49 PM
219 12345 ...