It's all within the same swipe motion, up and right, probably takes just as long for you to use the button

Posted via CB Z30
    I'm 100% for the toolbelt myself, but that redundant hub icon is not something I like. I wish they would let you customize it to launch something else. That would be awesome. Because like you said, the swipe up and right is the quickest way to get into the hub. If you need to minimize an app first and you want to use the icon, you'd have to either swipe up first, or press the call end key, then touch the hub icon. Two-step process. Swipe up and right and you're there. But I do agree that now that I've gotten my toolbelt back, I don't think I would willingly go back to a phone without it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-03-15 11:49 PM
    If the Slider looked like this, would you buy it?

Of course the specs would be the same as the rumored specs (5.1" SuperAmoled curved screen, 3gb ram, 13mp camera...etc)
    Attachment 350885
    Attachment 350886

Posted via CB10
    I do what I want!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-04-15 01:00 AM
    If the Slider looked like this, would you buy it?

Of course the specs would be the same as the rumored specs (5.1" SuperAmoled curved screen, 3gb ram, 13mp camera...etc)
    Attachment 350885
    Attachment 350886

Posted via CB10
    Take my money, BlackBerry!
    Specially, if it comes in white color!
    05-04-15 03:26 AM
    There is a version with no slider, it comes with a sticker that says DO NOT OPEN.....
    05-04-15 03:50 AM
    looks cool but i don't want a qwerty... and i don't like the charging port on the bottom...makes using phone when charging difficult..
    05-04-15 03:50 AM
    if i could remove the pkb i would be all in.
    sadly, no. i will not be buying this
    What if it comes with a rubber band to keep it close?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    pttptppt and user5240 like this.
    05-04-15 05:05 AM
    Nope. WAYYYYY too big and no belt.

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    05-04-15 06:35 AM
    This render is just the "Blade" concept that was released in 2011 when BlackBerry 10 was first released. I am only aware of because I was obsessed with this phone.

It was expected to be the first BB10 phone. Instead, we got the Z10. /sadtrombone.mp3

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ckberry-blade/

Too bad really. Things may have turned out a little differently if this was the first BB10 phone.

Posted from my Passport. Seriously. You should get one.
    This render is different than the Blade concept and it's also by a different designer

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:44 AM
    I definitely would,

but at the same time I would buy some glue stick and put it on the keyboard so that it would never show up

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:46 AM
    I definitely would,

but at the same time I would buy some glue stick and put it on the keyboard so that it would never show up

Posted via CB10
    Same. Unless the keyboard is touch capacitive

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:49 AM
    Would like it to be like the torch with a track pad for cut/paste - maybe a couple of convenience keys. Would like physical keys to answer and hangup. With the option of slide open slide shut to answer and hangup

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    zyxxiforr likes this.
    05-04-15 06:59 AM
    It's all within the same swipe motion, up and right, probably takes just as long for you to use the button

Posted via CB Z30
    But it doesn't. And depending on the position of the phone relative to your digit operating it, you can't pull off the "up and to the right" with one quick motion. (laying on the desk). A tap is always faster than a tap....then a slide, change directions slightly to initiate the second part of the slide. And then, you're simply at the hub in the state it was last...which may require more sliding to get back to the latest message. The single tap of the home screen icon does all of this.
    05-04-15 07:15 AM
    Hmm that looks pretty real.
    05-04-15 07:21 AM
    I'm 100% for the toolbelt myself, but that redundant hub icon is not something I like. I wish they would let you customize it to launch something else. That would be awesome. Because like you said, the swipe up and right is the quickest way to get into the hub. If you need to minimize an app first and you want to use the icon, you'd have to either swipe up first, or press the call end key, then touch the hub icon. Two-step process. Swipe up and right and you're there. But I do agree that now that I've gotten my toolbelt back, I don't think I would willingly go back to a phone without it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm all for more customization of those shortcuts. It's one of the things BB still doesn't do that nearly all others do.

Regarding the swipe and and then to the right being "the quickest", at most it's no faster because, as you said, it's 2 combined actions compared to 1 that requires no movement and not a specific approach angle (while holding the phone in right hand and letting your thumb's nature angle do the work). And, you get to the hub's last known state, which may then require more actions to get back to the list of messages, as opposed to the icon that always puts you right at the most recent messages.

Beyond that, the icon is the only way you can actually see if you have missed messages from any home screen (not just the one the standard hub icon might sit at, which could be on some other screen than the one you're looking at, and can never be seen from active frames screen). No matter where you are (besides in an app) you can notice the lower left red dot (splat) because it's pinned there. No other BB10 phone in existence can do this (even though it's standard on Android and iPhone with their docks), and it's the closest thing to BBOS7 with it's "splat" on the top bar. So seeing the red dot that says "oh, gosh, I missed something" then instinctively touching it to go directly to those messages, is very satisfying.
    05-04-15 07:30 AM
    I want a slider!!! I have NEVER wanted a slider. Until I had a Torch. My Torch was the best phone EVER!!!!! I love a full touchscreen and a physical keyboard. Slider is the best of all worlds.
    Doggerz and petetherocker like this.
    05-04-15 07:49 AM
    There is a version with no slider, it comes with a sticker that says DO NOT OPEN.....
    Just squirt some super glue into the mechanism. DONE. No-PKB all-touch! Just be sure to close it quickly before the glue sets...

Not too fond of USB port at the bottom; makes it less convenient to charge and use simultaneously, though I'll admit that's less of an issue on phones that actually have respectable battery life.

Richard
    05-04-15 07:55 AM
    Same. Unless the keyboard is touch capacitive

Posted via CB10
    I'm just assuming it is touch capacitive. Has to be. If the final model isn't finished, they should consider adding a keyboard lock switch from the sounds of things, lol. Hopefully the render is close to accurate for the thickness of the device and not too bulky...

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    05-04-15 07:59 AM
    It would be cool if there were a way to somehow lock the physical keyboard in for those who don't want to use it
    There is a simple way to lock the keyboard, slap a case on it.
    05-04-15 08:00 AM
    I would definitely buy it. Wondering where the speakers are though at the bottom of the phone with no lip and front speaker like the mwc. Could face down maybe?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:03 AM
    That brings up a good point,.. how impossibly difficult will it be to find a good case for this thing considering practically no case manufacturer will want to take the risk of designing and producing something which may be a bit more complex than usual.

Unless they just... leave the bottom (or top--depending on what actually slides) open.
    pttptppt likes this.
    05-04-15 08:23 AM
    That brings up a good point,.. how impossibly difficult will it be to find a good case for this thing considering practically no case manufacturer will want to take the risk of designing and producing something which may be a bit more complex than usual.

Unless they just... leave the bottom (or top--depending on what actually slides) open.
    But what about the curved screen? You can't put a case on the sides or else it'll cover the screen

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:25 AM
    Hilarious. Yea, I know how to take the long way (as you can see from my description of it) but I prefer the short way.
    Getting to the HUB using gestures takes a fraction of a second. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:30 AM
    But what about the curved screen? You can't put a case on the sides or else it'll cover the screen

Posted via CB10
    Ouch.. good point!

Sticky tape? Wouldn't be the first time... lol

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    05-04-15 08:32 AM
    if i could remove the pkb i would be all in.
    sadly, no. i will not be buying this
    Does your phone not recognize the beginning of a sentence or periods? Why no capitalized words...smartphones are very handy with this you know. lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:35 AM
    That is way cool. Yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:38 AM
219 1234 ...