After owning a passport, I would buy one if I had to leave bb10 -- but I hate google.

They should release a lower end device and call it the "Vom." It would stand for Very Outstanding Machine.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:11 PM
    I could see a lower specs Android phone but only if a sliding keyboard were the differentiating factor.

Right now, the security angle seems a lot of puffery. No one can explain it, not least of which is Chen.

The Hub also has never been properly marketed by BlackBerry. Who knows how it will look in android.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:14 PM
    Maybe, MAYBE, if the Priv is successful they could release their version of android for current phones (passport, classic and leap) because it means people do want blackberry brand but with android.

Also, there is a rumor going on that the passport se has been tested with android.

You only need 1gb of RAM for android and most bb10 phones have 2gb. The bad side is the dual core cpu but it may run well. Who knows...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:22 PM
    They can build a cheaper phone if they can find a Chinese partner & getaway from Foxconn (which is also Apple's Manufacturing partner).

Look around and check all the flag shipped spec phone that are < $600. Theyre all China made.

Of course people are then gonna witch that it's a cheap Chinese junk.
    10-24-15 05:24 PM
    A Priv Compact would be awesome. An inch smaller, maybe a non-curved screen.
    10-24-15 05:29 PM
    Take a Leap!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 05:44 PM
    BlackBerry should use that slogan for the Priv. "If you can't afford it, FU."
    Well ya know I disagree to a point with that. I don't think Priv is that far off on price, considering what you get. With that said, I'm kind of sick of some of the elitist comments here. I'm a paramedic. As a rule, ems jobs do not pay what they should. Since most ems services are tax based, and many are in smaller areas, the budgets do not allow for high wages. I went through a couple years worth of schooling and hour and hours of clinicals I didn't get paid for. All so I could do a job that is necessary, but people don't like the idea of paying us to do. But by golly when their elitist cheap asses need us we better be johnny on the spot. My other job is working as a dispatcher. My whole work life is based on me holding on to other people's secrets and privacy at a penalty to me personally if I don't. Now having said all that, my privacy is worth something to me as well. I'd like to have a phone that helps protect that. Can I afford Priv if I really want to figure out a way to get it? Yeah but it won't be chump change to me. So no, I don't disagree that people are whining a bit much about the cost of the phone. I do disagree with the nose in the air comments from people who indicate that money is not an object to them. Some of us have to be careful with the money we make because the cup do not runneth over in that area. All are entitled to their opinions including us poor folks.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-24-15 05:51 PM
    Well ya know I disagree to a point with that. I don't think Priv is that far off on price, considering what you get. With that said, I'm kind of sick of some of the elitist comments here. I'm a paramedic. As a rule, ems jobs do not pay what they should. Since most ems services are tax based, and many are in smaller areas, the budgets do not allow for high wages. I went through a couple years worth of schooling and hour and hours of clinicals I didn't get paid for. All so I could do a job that is necessary, but people don't like the idea of paying us to do. But by golly when their elitist cheap asses need us we better be johnny on the spot. My other job is working as a dispatcher. My whole work life is based on me holding on to other people's secrets and privacy at a penalty to me personally if I don't. Now having said all that, my privacy is worth something to me as well. I'd like to have a phone that helps protect that. Can I afford Priv if I really want to figure out a way to get it? Yeah but it won't be chump change to me. So no, I don't disagree that people are whining a bit much about the cost of the phone. I do disagree with the nose in the air comments from people who indicate that money is not an object to them. Some of us have to be careful with the money we make because the cup do not runneth over in that area. All are entitled to their opinions including us poor folks.

Posted via CB10
    I'll admit that this phone is a bit pricey, but the price isn't that much different from most flagship devices, unless you want to compare them to the one plus 2.

I don't see what the shocker is about this phone and it's price.

Where people expecting blackberry to sell these at 399 or something?

Also, not everyone guys their phones pff contract, the phone is a bit more affordable with a contract.

I'm not made of money but me being someone that has used android for years,a physical keyboard means a lot to me, even if I have to pay a premium
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-24-15 06:33 PM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...medium=twitter

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-24-15 06:43 PM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...medium=twitter

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    Just another blackberry hating site reporting half the truth. It's quoting full prices only not carrier pricing as the majority of consumers purchase subsidized phones.
    10-24-15 06:59 PM
    Keep in mind that the LG G4, with the same SnapDragon 808, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, UHD screen, but with better cameras and a few more features, (but, of course, not a BB and lacking the BB Experience Suite & alternative kernel) is already much less at $479 US.

There are phones that are priced like the LEAP that are 2-3 generations of hardware newer/better.

There just isn't any money for BB to make at the lower end, because BB simply can't be price-competitive with their lower sales volumes and their much higher R&D costs (developing the "extra security" isn't cheap, and neither will be keeping it all up-to-date all the time) - BB has to make a good chunk of profit from each phone they sell, unlike BB10 where they've been losing $100 on every phone sold.

I expect everyone here understands that BB phones are "different", and that they have extra security features that other phones don't have - well, BB has to develop those features, and that comes at a cost. Either those features are important enough for you to pay for, or they aren't, and you should buy something other than a BB.

There are always plenty of people who say "BB should build a flagship phone (or service) - I don't care what it costs" - but those folks always seem to disappear once a premium-priced device or service is actually released.
    Amen Troy.....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:06 PM
    Maybe, MAYBE, if the Priv is successful they could release their version of android for current phones (passport, classic and leap) because it means people do want blackberry brand but with android.

Also, there is a rumor going on that the passport se has been tested with android.

You only need 1gb of RAM for android and most bb10 phones have 2gb. The bad side is the dual core cpu but it may run well. Who knows...

Posted via CB10
    Pictures and video of a Passport running Android do exist so perhaps a Android Passport will be released in the future, but it's doubtful if Blackberry will release the Z30 or Z10 running Android.
    10-24-15 07:06 PM
    In the US, most carriers are now selling full price over time instead of carrier subsidized pricing, therefore subsidy pricing irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:08 PM
    They can build a cheaper phone if they can find a Chinese partner & getaway from Foxconn (which is also Apple's Manufacturing partner).

Look around and check all the flag shipped spec phone that are < $600. Theyre all China made.

Of course people are then gonna witch that it's a cheap Chinese junk.
    it'll damage the brand even further if they do that. The 8520 certainly damaged the company.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-24-15 07:33 PM
    People on CB have been saying for years they want a high end slab...and when one comes, they think it'll be a discount phone and complain about price. I for one am glad that BB kept the pricing high, now that OS is not a competitive issu, why tarnish the brand further by becoming a discount handset maker? I for one do not think a cheaper droid phone is in Blackberry's interests, way too much competition in the mid-price handset space.
    People are complaining because the pricing on the Priv needed to be competitive, not the same as or more then other flagship phones that are available. BlackBerry doesn't have the reputation backing in any market let alone the consumer market to be pricing their devices this high. As a fiscally responsible person, I can't in good consensus look at the Priv and say I'm getting bang for my buck!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-24-15 08:13 PM
    People are complaining because the pricing on the Priv needed to be competitive, not the same as or more then other flagship phones that are available. BlackBerry doesn't have the reputation backing in any market let alone the consumer market to be pricing their devices this high. As a fiscally responsible person, I can't in good consensus look at the Priv and say I'm getting bang for my buck!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    They either make a profit or get leave handset business. BlackBerry priced this as low as possible to allow profit @ 5 million units sold.... the specs are comparable with flagships....they're looking to stay alive, not hit it outta the park. Software is the future of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:19 PM
41 12