Blackberry cant even do the simplest thing to update their phones to the latest software. So why would I trust them again with the keyone. And I say this because I use blackberry for the past 6years from curve, z10, z30, passport to now the Priv. All these phones have become obsolete because blackberry just gave up on updating them. I loved all these phones but they became unusuable because they got ditched. The priv is still usuable but for how long? Oreo is about to come out and we still only have marshmallow.
    06-07-17 11:11 PM
    Some will defend that KEYone is made by TCL, not BlackBerry. Anyway, KEYone isn't huge upgrade over PRIV. I personally think that PRIV has better keyboard than KEYone. Coming from DTEK60/PRIV, I don't think keyone is upgrade.
    06-07-17 11:18 PM
    The problem comes from the fact that most people won't see TCL on the phone. They see BlackBerry. And if BlackBerry sets a precedent for ditching their phones, it'll hurt their already slim sales. They can't afford to leave the Priv and DTEKs behind. If they do, they're only just speeding along their losses.
    06-07-17 11:33 PM
    Some will defend that KEYone is made by TCL, not BlackBerry. Anyway, KEYone isn't huge upgrade over PRIV. I personally think that PRIV has better keyboard than KEYone. Coming from DTEK60/PRIV, I don't think keyone is upgrade.
    Totally agree.
    Blacklatino and dhasler like this.
    06-08-17 12:05 AM
    I think the Priv will get the latest OS. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released around the same time as the Priv I believe and it's getting updated so I think the update will happen. Now when is anyone's guess
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-08-17 12:07 AM
    And if will get either)
    06-08-17 02:27 AM
    I have said it clearly and definitely in other threads on this same topic. The Priv will get N: either Nougat or Nothing.

You can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it. You can take that to the bank. You can bet your life on it, etc, etc, etc.
    06-08-17 08:21 AM
    I have said it clearly and definitely in other threads on this same topic. The Priv will get N: either Nougat or Nothing.

You can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it. You can take that to the bank. You can bet your life on it, etc, etc, etc.
    How can you be so sure? Any source? If priv is getting nougat, I am getting another one for back up.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-08-17 10:45 AM
    Blackberry cant even do the simplest thing to update their phones to the latest software. So why would I trust them again with the keyone. And I say this because I use blackberry for the past 6years from curve, z10, z30, passport to now the Priv. All these phones have become obsolete because blackberry just gave up on updating them. I loved all these phones but they became unusuable because they got ditched. The priv is still usuable but for how long? Oreo is about to come out and we still only have marshmallow.
    That's like saying, "The 2015 Ford Fusion won't get a rear view camera, so I won't buy a 2017 model." Ugh...

Seriously people, Blackberry is updating the Priv, with security upgrades. There has been, as of yet, no definitive answer by Blackberry as to whether or not the Priv will get Nougat. In the meantime, it actually functions on Marshmallow.

By a Samsung, they have a great feature that allows them to spy on you. Shocking report reveals Samsung devices can spy on you | Daily Mail Online
    06-08-17 10:55 AM
    How can you be so sure? Any source? If priv is getting nougat, I am getting another one for back up.
    Please read again carefully and slowly what I wrote. I can be sure it will EITHER get Nougat or Nothing. Get it? Both Nougat and Nothing start with the letter "N". Get it?
    06-08-17 12:48 PM
    Please read again carefully and slowly what I wrote. I can be sure it will EITHER get Nougat or Nothing. Get it? Both Nougat and Nothing start with the letter "N". Get it?
    Gotcha. I really hope we get a nougat. I am returning my keyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:06 PM
    That's like saying, "The 2015 Ford Fusion won't get a rear view camera, so I won't buy a 2017 model." Ugh...

Seriously people, Blackberry is updating the Priv, with security upgrades. There has been, as of yet, no definitive answer by Blackberry as to whether or not the Priv will get Nougat. In the meantime, it actually functions on Marshmallow.

By a Samsung, they have a great feature that allows them to spy on you. Shocking report reveals Samsung devices can spy on you | Daily Mail Online
    Man stop defending blackberry. Let me remember you some few facts. The priv came out with a huge 750$ for a phone. That means this is a premium phone that is not supposed to get ditched out only after a year and half after release. So by now we should be seeing android O beta release for priv. But no we are still stuck with marshmallow. And I agree marshmallow is great on the priv but this phone was marketed as a premium phone and not a cheap chinese one. So keep that argument to yourself.
    06-08-17 02:24 PM
    Man stop defending blackberry. Let me remember you some few facts. The priv came out with a huge 750$ for a phone. That means this is a premium phone that is not supposed to get ditched out only after a year and half after release. So by now we should be seeing android O beta release for priv. But no we are still stuck with marshmallow. And I agree marshmallow is great on the priv but this phone was marketed as a premium phone and not a cheap chinese one. So keep that argument to yourself.
    Wow, I find this response hysterical. I'm not defending anyone. I am simply stating facts. First off, there is no definitive answer as to whether or not the Priv will or won't get Nougat. Secondly, most of us bought the Priv with Lolipop installed, and got upgraded to Marshmallow, third, we are still getting security updates monthly. Oh, and not surprisingly, my Priv works, so...
    andy957 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:30 PM
    Wow, I find this response hysterical. I'm not defending anyone. I am simply stating facts. First off, there is no definitive answer as to whether or not the Priv will or won't get Nougat. Secondly, most of us bought the Priv with Lolipop installed, and got upgraded to Marshmallow, third, we are still getting security updates monthly. Oh, and not surprisingly, my Priv works, so...
    What I dont understand is that why so many people just forgive easily how blackberry basically ditches it customers. Samsung updated their S6 to nougat even though samsung doesnt push monthly security fixes. And we all know that if we want a secure phone it has to have the latest OS. So in fact we should be beta testing android O. But here we are crying only for nougat hopes lol
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:42 PM
    What I dont understand is that why so many people just forgive easily how blackberry basically ditches it customers. Samsung updated their S6 to nougat even though samsung doesnt push monthly security fixes. And we all know that if we want a secure phone it has to have the latest OS. So in fact we should be beta testing android O. But here we are crying only for nougat hopes lol
    My Samsung s6 edge got may security already and it's only a month behind with nougat.
    06-08-17 03:33 PM
    Samsung has a lot more money than BlackBerry. It is easier for them to afford providing the "charity" of the upgrade to Nougat.

But let's not give up hope yet. BlackBerry may still upgrade the Priv. Until they say "no" or until O devices are actually released, there is hope.

They may also have an agreement with BBMo not to upgrade until 90 or whatever days after the release of the KEYone. Who knows?
    PHughes likes this.
    06-08-17 03:36 PM
    My Samsung s6 edge got may security already and it's only a month behind with nougat.
    See? That is what I am talking about. Blackberry is basically ditching us because its our fault that we didnt buy enough Privs. F u bb
    06-08-17 03:36 PM
    If or when the PRIV get Nougat make sure you brush your teeth after the upgrade is complete. You don't want to get a cavity. Oh yes, make sure to floss too.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-08-17 03:38 PM
    See? That is what I am talking about. Blackberry is basically ditching us because its our fault that we didnt buy enough Privs. F u bb
    As I said, buy a Samsung. No one is forcing you to stay with Blackberry. I like it because it is more secure, you cannot root it. They also have been good at staying up to date with security patches. I also hate the interface Samsung created. My wife has a Samsung and I absolutely hate it. Hate it. I do love my Priv though, it works for my needs.

If the Priv, and Blackberry doesn't work for you, buy something else. Blackberry never promised Nougat for the Priv, never, so to complain they haven't updated the Priv to Nougat yet is ridiculous. And yes, maybe if more Privs were sold, Blackberry would be in a better position, but they didn't so they aren't. By all means, please sell your outdated, useless Priv, and buy a Samsung, they make good phones.
    Mirko935 and andy957 like this.
    06-08-17 04:27 PM
    If I heard that the Priv wasn't getting Nougat, I would have still bought the Priv. Marshmallow is still a capable OS to me.

I left the Nexus 6p with Nougat 7.1 for the Priv with Marshmallow 6.0. Its not enough of a difference between the two OS to jump the gun in that way in my opinion.
    skinnymike1 and andy957 like this.
    06-09-17 03:35 PM
    Unless you buy a Pixel, you should always assume you will only see one major OS update from respectable companies. A second is just an unexpected bonus.
    krazyatom and murphy_thom like this.
    06-09-17 03:42 PM
    Unless you buy a Pixel, you should always assume you will only see one major OS update from respectable companies. A second is just an unexpected bonus.
    Well I don't remember receiving single OS update for all my androids though. Maybe because they were all flagship models. Moto X pure didn't get it yet but it's confirmed. I think old nexus 5, nexus 6 received like 3 OS updates lol. I guess blackberry android never had more than single OS update so future blackberry devices will not likely to receive OS updates including keyone.
    06-09-17 04:20 PM
    I guess you won't be getting a keyone then.
    06-09-17 04:31 PM
    I guess you won't be getting a keyone then.
    I already returned my keyone
    06-09-17 04:51 PM
    That's nice to know . I have the Dtek60 /PRIV also and use them both in rotation. The Keyone just feels more of a Premium device without the specs of the other two except Battery life.
    06-09-17 07:57 PM
239 123 ...