But where does the gestures play along in the Android UI?
    The BerryDroid Oslo in the video doesn't have BB10 gestures.
    Whenever the guys swipes up, Android's end of page effect is seen - no swipe up to home screen...

 Q5 / Z30
    Last edited by gvs1341; 08-24-15 at 02:12 AM.
    08-24-15 01:10 AM
    Weird and creepy......says the guy in the shades
    08-24-15 02:54 AM
    No gestures, no peace. Know gestures, know peace.

Posted via CB10
    fkornre likes this.
    08-24-15 08:47 AM
    NO It will not, seems S6 sold you on that feature. BB10 peek as you know gives you a quick look into more information than the gimmick samsung s6
    You can easily display the peek notifications from BB10 on either edge. Peek notifications are just the icon, message count, and the red spark if there is a new message.

Peek allows us to see the full name of the message sender and either the subject or 1st line of text.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:17 AM
    No idea how you missed this...

All the 'leaked' renders have the standard Adenoid Lollipop's 3 icons for navigation at the bottom of the screen...

 Q5 / Z30
    Well in the past people has successfully created gesture based replacement launchers, e.g. there was one to emulate webOS. So it's perfectly a possibility that BlackBerry did the same.
    08-24-15 01:33 PM
    Thread title fixed!
    guygardner73 likes this.
    08-24-15 06:09 PM
    Thread title fixed!
    Thank you lol

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-24-15 07:54 PM
    I love being able to peek to the hub and also swipe up to leave apps. Or just swipe up to see what notifications I have. So from the leaks, am I to assume that that will not be a part of BlackBerry anymore?

Posted via CB10
    From the videos, it is Android navigation. Folks, we now have a "home" button like iOS and Android. Very sad. No swiping for you.
    08-24-15 08:26 PM
    I can sleep now. I was getting the shakes and everything. Typos cause me problems.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-25-15 03:51 AM
    From the videos, it is Android navigation. Folks, we now have a "home" button like iOS and Android. Very sad. No swiping for you.
    I hate the home button of android. If my phone has a tool belt, it might be a little bit acceptable to make the track pad a home button but still hate the idea of having a home button.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    08-26-15 01:26 PM
    I take it that none of you have ever seen or tried the Jolla Launcher for android?

This is what a launcher can do... *hint* gestures included.

As I understand it there will be a blackberry launcher alongside experience suites so I guess it boils down to whether blackberry does it right.... Or not..
    08-26-15 05:27 PM
    I take it that none of you have ever seen or tried the Jolla Launcher for android?

As I understand it there will be a blackberry launcher alongside experience suites so I guess it boils down to whether blackberry does it right.... Or not..
    DAYUM! Now that makes for some good possibilities for a fully customized launcher. We should be able to have everything we're used to.

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    08-26-15 06:24 PM

English?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    08-26-15 06:52 PM

The possibilities are quite impressive!

Indeed, we can be granted an experience not too far removed from what we are used to. Possibly, they can even enhance the experience.

I look forward to seeing how this will all play out so I can, finally, see what BlackBerry has come up with.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-27-15 05:17 PM
    I would think the software development folks at Blackberry would have done their homework and ensure some of the popular features in OS10 like the Hub, Peak, etc will work seamlessly on the Android based device, only time will tell? My concern is that they don't drag their feet getting the device to the marketplace as soon as possible.
    08-28-15 05:32 AM
    I need active frames, I need flow, I need to swipe so I can see what apps are open. What am I going to do

Z10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    08-28-15 06:27 AM
    I need active frames, I need flow, I need to swipe so I can see what apps are open. What am I going to do

Z10
    Need all that!

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    08-29-15 10:19 AM
    The aim of DroidBerry is to get official sanction for Google apps and services. Any hybrid approach would be shot down. QNX is a microkernel and you just can't swap out the Linux kernel with it as Linux kernel contains functions and drivers that QNX does not. Also most Android exploits have nothing to do with the kernel so how is QNX suppose to help there?
    Not many people know this apparently but Linux was also originally created as a micro kernel OS. The modularity in Linux systems was the benefit over windows because developers could easily switch out components to their liking build their own custom OS. So yes it is very possible and easy (relatively) to switch kernels for QNX.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:20 PM
43 12