Lisa reminds me of a caring, nurturing mother.

I could be like "hey mom, I want this phone. What do you think of this phone?"

And she would post this 20 minute video going over all the features.

She's great!
    I want to hear the fan sites perspective and then, I want to hear hers.
    11-04-15 06:20 PM
    Judging from the fact that you don't know the existence of Android Central. I suggest you cancel your order right now. Coming from BB10 device to Android isn't going to be a smooth transition (and of course, not a happy one).

I went through this feeling when I switched from Q10 to Galaxy S6 edge. I was actually going to put the S6 up for sale for steep discount only after three days of using it. But then I realized I should give it a try and use it for what it is. Nothing is going to beat BB10 when it comes to email handling and productivity. So, I fired up my Q10 again and has been carrying two phones since. And guess what, after being on Android for a few months, I started to get a hang of it and feel 'okay'. (But not for work, definitely. It's a 'play' device and for running app that doesn't work well on BB10)

My point is that...if you already closed your door on learning and adapting to different OS, then you wouldn't tolerate it with in minutes of using Priv. And you will return anyway. But if you open your heart a bit, like the first time when you came from other phone to BBOS and then BB10, you may see things differently. And you may find that Blackberry has done a very nice job on Priv being an Android device with BlackBerry experience.

I ultimately think that is the way you should judge the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-04-15 06:39 PM
    Why is Bla1ze so hard for people to type?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 06:45 PM
    "Nothing is going to beat BB10 when it comes to email handling and productivity."

Why is an Android Blackberry not going to equal or beat BB10 when it comes to email handling?
    11-04-15 06:48 PM
    Then there's this: one of the best values in smartphones you can get, period:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZHM9JE?qid=1446675253&ref_=sr_1_15&sr=8-15
    That phone has a lousy screen. Unreadable outside on a sunshiny day. Horrifying rear camera that takes forever to focus if it focuses at all. Screenlifts, my experience and multiple threads on this site. And my feeling on the uselessness of BB10 is well noted here in Crackberry.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-04-15 08:07 PM
    If the Priv is good enough for the Kardashians, it's good enough for me!
    atlasmike and chang69 like this.
    11-04-15 08:58 PM
    Man, I hope I don't get in trouble...

I recommend Lisa at Mobiletechreview go check out some of her other work. Take the Passport for example...
    Lisa is my first stop for all things mobile. She shoots straighter than most regarding her reviews and they are always spot on.
    11-04-15 09:18 PM
    I think you should read both sides of reviews:
    - the CB review that will analyze the priv compared to BB10 devices
    - the androidcentral review that will analyze the priv compared to other Android devices

Considering that the priv is an Android device with added BB goodness (not a BB device with added Android ecosystem), I will base my decision to buy the priv 67% on the AndroidCentral review and only 33% on the CB one.
    I'm doing 68% and 32%.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    11-04-15 10:52 PM
    Lisa is my first stop for all things mobile. She shoots straighter than most regarding her reviews and they are always spot on.
    List's review.. Or videos never feel like reviews. They're very thorough overviews. She basically goes over everything in a device and leaves it up to you figure out what you think about the pbone

Good videos.
    11-04-15 11:35 PM
    This may be hard to believe....now follow me slowly......you are free to actually think for yourself and decide things by yourself. Crazy huh? Don't just dismiss this radical thought out of hand.....think about it.....consider the possibilities........then slowly take baby steps to independent thought....
    That's crazy.. People on here call iPhone users sheep but here we are, seeing Crack berry users, salivating from the mouth, waiting for that Crack berry review to determine whether they will big the Priv or not. That's funny.
    11-04-15 11:37 PM
    But then I realized I should give it a try and use it for what it is. Nothing is going to beat BB10 when it comes to email handling and productivity. So, I fired up my Q10 again and has been carrying two phones since. And guess what, after being on Android for a few months, I started to get a hang of it and feel 'okay'.
    Same here. I moved to Android once and then back to BlackBerry only. But then later ended up settling on using both.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Paul Ratanaboon likes this.
    11-04-15 11:47 PM
    "Nothing is going to beat BB10 when it comes to email handling and productivity."

Why is an Android Blackberry not going to equal or beat BB10 when it comes to email handling?
    Thats what I am not following. My biggest gripe with Android has been terrible email experience, the Hub should cure that.
    11-05-15 12:47 AM
    If Bla1ze give the Priv a bad review his popularity will plummet

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:49 AM
    I wonder if Bla!ze has moderator ability? If he does, it would hilarious if he read the OP's post, deleted the OP's account from all of Mobile Nations existence, closed this thread, and then started a new one entitled "None Shall Question Darth Bla!ze".

I mean, it wouldn't be immediately funny. At first, we'd be like "****! Bla!ze went all Sith Lord death choke!" But then we'd get over it and laugh it off.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:58 AM
    Anybody know if DetroitBORG is a CrackBerry member?
    I think his review would be helpful; personally not for me to decide whether or not to grab one (I already pre-ordered mine), but more so to go over all the options of the device. It's been a while since I played with an Android phone and I think I'm a bit rusty in terms of possibilities. Would be nice/helpful to get a review from him. This was his Classic review (very/extremely thoroughly):
    RyanGermann likes this.
    11-05-15 04:02 AM
    If Bla1ze give the Priv a bad review his popularity will plummet

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I really miss Chris Umiastowski post here on the business end of things...

Not sure what happened to him and Mobile Nations... but he was getting a lot of flack from the BBRY guys for a few of his telling it like it is stories.
    11-05-15 09:43 AM
    That's crazy.. People on here call iPhone users sheep but here we are, seeing Crack berry users, salivating from the mouth, waiting for that Crack berry review to determine whether they will big the Priv or not. That's funny.
    Coming from the outside, I see a lot of fanboydom in the Blackberry community I never thought existed. Apple users pay for a look rather than a function though. This is where I see the difference.

Me, I'm just here for a keyboard phone. I refuse to switch to touchscreen-only and I blame Apple for this bs. I'd take this phone without anything blackberry has to offer other than hardware
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    11-05-15 09:52 AM
    Lol ... reading this, somehow remind me of "this is a phone not a toy"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 10:52 AM
    I'm pretty sure the OP is trying to be funny.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:44 AM
    That phone has a lousy screen. Unreadable outside on a sunshiny day. Horrifying rear camera that takes forever to focus if it focuses at all. Screenlifts, my experience and multiple threads on this site. And my feeling on the uselessness of BB10 is well noted here in Crackberry.
    A lot of what your saying is either exaggeration or subjective. The screen is fine, never had an issue reading it outdoors and I keep it on the lowest setting for brightness. In certain applications the camera is annoying with the focusing, but outside of that works fine. I've never had a screen lift, nor have I ever come across a thread for screen lift on the Z30. The usefulness of an OS is subjective to your needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:54 AM
    This was his Classic review (very/extremely thoroughly):
    Wow. That is one of the best device video reviews I've ever seen ever. Seriously.

Just outlines all the features and for some reason he didn't feel the need to use the words "struggling smartphone maker" at all!

This is actually a great guide for BB10 owners who've preordered the Priv: watch this video, hit "pause" when a significant feature of interest is mentioned, then go try and find it on your Priv.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-05-15 12:13 PM
    Learning the Passport's keyboard took minimum one month to adjust. On the Priv, new userd will be tempted to use the virtual often cause your not fluent with the hard keys. As a concern for me this could potentially hinder adoption in first month trials amongst new users and generate poor reviews as did the Passport initially. It would be wise for reviewers and new users to go only with the hard keyboard at first and learn how the phone truly works before regressing back to the virtual simplistic use.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:38 PM
    I'm looking forward to reading any upcoming reviews on the sweet 5.4" 544PPI screen of my Priv and will respond using the Priv's physical keyboard.
    11-05-15 12:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure the OP is trying to be funny.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not trying to be funny in the least bit. Like I said pretty extensively a few posts up, reviews concerning BlackBerry devices have been spot on with CrackBerry so a bad or even remotely average review on the PRIV gets an automatic pass from me.

I'm absolutely stunned by the purely negative feedback I've gotten from this topic so far from other crackberry members. It's insane. Almost like they all want the Priv to fail in the first place. "OP go get your review from other sources or look deep down in your soul and decide" blah blah. Pretty damn funny and none of you guys are giving me this phone for free to begin with lol.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-05-15 12:49 PM
    Will be getting the phone either way but can't lie I want to see what the review verdict is.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:01 PM
108 ... 2345