Based on the interview that Kevin did the other day, something tells me, he'll be doing the review of the Priv.
    So, this could be interesting...
    11-05-15 01:05 PM
    I am going to support OP on this one.

OP is apparently a very efficient man who trust his judgement in people. He delegated the decision to reject Priv in Bla!ze because he knows it's of Bla!ze's best interest to talk up the device instead of down. So if Bla!ze choose to talk down this device, the only possibility is that Priv is beyond salvaging.

Note that he did not say he wil pull the triger to buy Priv if Bla!ze speak positively about it... there is a difference in there. He doesn't necessarily trust Bla!ze when he praise a device from BlackBerry ... again a great judgement call in Bla!ze character... remember how Bla!ze review Classic... we can't trust him on that.

OP pulled the trigger to pre-order Priv without taking Bla!ze opinion in that branch of decision making tree is exactly what many of you guys recommend him to do... based on his own opinion, not someone else's.

In summary, I think OP did exactly what you guys ask for but better. For the things he can delegate, he will, for the thing he can't delegate, he did it based on his passion and gut feeling (do you know your gut has more nerve endings than your brain? If you don't, ask Colbert).

Case rested!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    tw1g_007 likes this.
    11-05-15 01:18 PM
    I am going to support OP on this one.

OP is apparently a very efficient man who trust his judgement in people. He delegated the decision to reject Priv in Bla!ze because he knows it's of Bla!ze's best interest to talk up the device instead of down. So if Bla!ze choose to talk down this device, the only possibility is that Priv is beyond salvaging.

Note that he did not say he wil pull the triger to buy Priv if Bla!ze speak positively about it... there is a difference in there. He doesn't necessarily trust Bla!ze when he praise a device from BlackBerry ... again a great judgement call in Bla!ze character... remember how Bla!ze review Classic... we can't trust him on that.

OP pulled the trigger to pre-order Priv without taking Bla!ze opinion in that branch of decision making tree is exactly what many of you guys recommend him to do... based on his own opinion, not someone else's.

In summary, I think OP did exactly what you guys ask for but better. For the things he can delegate, he will, for the thing he can't delegate, he did it based on his passion and gut feeling (do you know your gut has more nerve endings than your brain? If you don't, ask Colbert).

Case rested!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Thanks man. What you said is on point.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-05-15 02:12 PM
    Judging from the fact that you don't know the existence of Android Central. I suggest you cancel your order right now. Coming from BB10 device to Android isn't going to be a smooth transition (and of course, not a happy one).

I went through this feeling when I switched from Q10 to Galaxy S6 edge. I was actually going to put the S6 up for sale for steep discount only after three days of using it. But then I realized I should give it a try and use it for what it is. Nothing is going to beat BB10 when it comes to email handling and productivity. So, I fired up my Q10 again and has been carrying two phones since. And guess what, after being on Android for a few months, I started to get a hang of it and feel 'okay'. (But not for work, definitely. It's a 'play' device and for running app that doesn't work well on BB10)

My point is that...if you already closed your door on learning and adapting to different OS, then you wouldn't tolerate it with in minutes of using Priv. And you will return anyway. But if you open your heart a bit, like the first time when you came from other phone to BBOS and then BB10, you may see things differently. And you may find that Blackberry has done a very nice job on Priv being an Android device with BlackBerry experience.

I ultimately think that is the way you should judge the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    I echo you. My ecosystem is a BB10 device and an iPhone. No way going back to anything else.....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:21 PM
    I'm not trying to be funny in the least bit. Like I said pretty extensively a few posts up, reviews concerning BlackBerry devices have been spot on with CrackBerry so a bad or even remotely average review on the PRIV gets an automatic pass from me.

I'm absolutely stunned by the purely negative feedback I've gotten from this topic so far from other crackberry members. It's insane. Almost like they all want the Priv to fail in the first place. "OP go get your review from other sources or look deep down in your soul and decide" blah blah. Pretty damn funny and none of you guys are giving me this phone for free to begin with lol.

We don't want the Priv to fail. We want the Priv to be a tremendous success and bring back the mass sales we need for a health and super profitable hardware operation at BlackBerry and sustainable for two ecosystems, BB10 and Android. Priv will not drag BB10 users to jump out ship and change. But will attract a LOT of users BlackBerry have been losing and that would not buy a BB10 device, no matter what. This is the logic.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:26 PM
    Thanks man. What you said is on point.

Of course I am
    11-05-15 02:45 PM
    We don't want the Priv to fail. We want the Priv to be a tremendous success and bring back the mass sales we need for a health and super profitable hardware operation at BlackBerry and sustainable for two ecosystems, BB10 and Android. Priv will not drag BB10 users to jump out ship and change. But will attract a LOT of users BlackBerry have been losing and that would not buy a BB10 device, no matter what. This is the logic.

Posted via CB10
    That's true.
    But there loosing the most of the BB10 users if there are no new devices for them.

400k new - 400k old users = 0 change.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-05-15 04:40 PM
    Guys try not to let the vultures stop you from getting the Priv if you can afford to do so. CrackBerry and AndroidCentral had SOLID reviews with a few legitimate criticisms mixed in so all that's left is purely my own analysis when I get a hold of the device next week. I have a feeling I will grow to love the Priv but there will be growing pains since this will be my very first Android experience. Pretty pissed with the preorder fiasco but the freebies coming along with it softens the blow and is good consideration on BlackBerry's end!

11-06-15 03:28 PM
108 ... 345