If this phone disappoints bb10 die hard but wins over android fans than it would be a great success.
    achsfx and crucial bbq like this.
    11-04-15 04:11 AM
    The question is, what IS a bad review?

For me it was when the Priv is a Android with a little bit of BB10.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-04-15 04:17 AM
    I'm guessing that the conclusion will be there if you want an android phone with a sliding hardware keyboard and put a premium on privacy and security and this is the phone for you. He's not going to say that it's the best BlackBerry phone ever made and he's not going to say that it's an abomination and should not exist.

I'll be more interested in hearing whether he makes the Priv his daily driver - whether you decide to use Android on a day-to-day basis from now on.
    southlander likes this.
    11-04-15 05:05 AM
    I'll be more interested in hearing whether he makes the Priv his daily driver - whether you decide to use Android on a day-to-day basis from now on.
    I'd also like to know that. Long term reports are the best anyways. Pocketnow's Michael Fischer stated a while back he is tempted to buy the Priv as his daily driver in favour over the Motorola X Style.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 06:03 AM
    Don't care about one person's review. Will I listen to his?, yes but it's just one. Over a few weeks of use by the masses that will be all that matters. There will always be a little bias in every review good or bad.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-04-15 at 06:50 AM.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    11-04-15 06:27 AM
    11-04-15 06:28 AM
    I have never been one to quite fit in. Why start now?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 06:29 AM
    Hi Bla1ze! Are you reading this?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 06:34 AM
    I won't even open up the package when it gets shipped to my home. I will do an immediate return. Really can't take any other reviewers opinion at face value.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    It sounds as if you think he is the only expert around? It has always been troublesome to me when adults put another singular adult up on a pedestal. How about you have your own opinion, make your own decisions based on multiple reviews?
    If that means not buying right away so be it, then wait.
    BlackBerry has always made great hardware, this will not change. Only question is how the BlackBerry Experience Suite integrates with Android OS which has already shown in videos to be great.
    Basically use your own brain and make a decision and not from one person.
    Is that possible?

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-04-15 at 06:54 AM.
    jas1978 likes this.
    11-04-15 06:42 AM
    Sounds to me like OP should have waited for the review *before* placing an order then.

Not everyone is cut out to be an early-adopter.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:04 AM
    Nothing against Bla1ze, but it seems to be a little bit short-minded to base such a decision on a single review!
    I would consider a broader range of reviews before making such a decision!

Posted via CB10
    You what would be a novel idea? If people just tried it themselves and formulated their OWN opinion.

One of the reasons BlackBerry is in the state it is because consumers don't rely on themselves any more, just the words of others.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 07:33 AM
    While I am sure that Bla1ze will give the Priv a fair shake, ultimately all reviews are biased if the reviewer is already familiar with the brand/product. Here's the thing though; I am certain that the way Bla1ze uses smartphones, and the way that I use a smartphone, are totally different. I have used BlackBerrys since 2006 or thereabouts, so I know that some where better than others. I have also owned three Android handsets, so I am familiar with Android, too. But what I know must of is how I used each of these phones; and no review will capture my own experiences and expectations in words. The only review that is going to matter to me is my own.
    11-04-15 07:46 AM
    11-04-15 07:56 AM
    Priv ber shah mictasha rounnty thag mit. Sika di Priv mutoba shintaka sumhi. Yimo, di Blackberry Priv ber heim longshah!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:07 AM
    Priv ber shah mictasha rounnty thag mit. Sika di Priv mutoba shintaka sumhi. Yimo, di Blackberry Priv ber heim longshah!

Posted via CB10
    You took the words right out of my mouth
    chang69 and DJM626 like this.
    11-04-15 08:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borg_insignia.png 
Views:	800 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	378902
    If Bla1ze gives Priv a bad or even average review...-federation-emblem.jpg
    nickdollimount and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-04-15 08:19 AM
    Yup. My philosophy is if I don't like the device then I come off by being deceitful giving it to others as gifts. Just doesn't come off right and is a waste of money.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    Then why would you order a product that you haven't been able to see first hand and then rely on a review from someone that you don't know personally on whether to keep something? How about when you get the phone, use it to see if YOU like it and be damned with what other people think. Can you not make decisions for yourself or are you going to let bla1ze do it for you. If not, the heard mentality belongs over at the other fruit company that makes phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:26 AM
    I second this. If people are expecting a full or near full BB10 experience just with a full Android behind it, they will be extremely disappointed. The Priv simply isn't a BB10 device.
    However if you are, like me, buying that device because it is an Android device with a good physical keyboard plus some BlackBerry additions like a decent (e-mail) Hub and those increased security (if this marketing talk turns out to be true), you should be fine.

I am pretty sure the Priv will be a major disappointment to any die-hard BB10 user who is expecting an immediate BB10 replacement out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Well said!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:37 AM
    This thread is the stupidest thing I think I ever read on here. Talk about being a sheep (more closely resembling a lemming).

You should probably check with Blaze to see if he's a boxers or briefs dude and what kind of car you should drive.

smh
    WT44 likes this.
    11-04-15 08:39 AM
    I agree with some members, for those on the fence with the Priv, read the reviews, take them with a grain of salt, read what users have to say about the device (include a mix of former bb10 users as well as Android users) and most importantly go out and test it yourself. Draw your own conclusions from your research. If you want go buy it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:39 AM
    Not sure why ppl put so much faith into what other people's opinions are in determining what is rite or wrong for themselves? I'm thinking most ppl in these forums have never really had the "follower" type of personality, I mean, we are using BlackBerry's after all.

I would say try the device, make sure you don't exceed the return period, make and informed decision to return it or keep it after your experience with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:43 AM
    This thread is the stupidest thing I think I ever read on here. Talk about being a sheep (more closely resembling a lemming).

You should probably check with Blaze to see if he's a boxers or briefs dude and what kind of car you should drive.

smh
    Yikes...

Now, I totally understand that you guys will take our EIC's review to heart(I'm definitely looking forward to reading it), but to not even open a phone because of the possibility of ONE (And I'm sure it won't be negative in the way you're hoping or at all in many ways) review is absurd.

I would hope that you not only read his review, but a lot of other ones too. I understand that you "can't take other reviewers opinions at face value", but taking a look around will get you many perspectives on this interesting phone, and open that box, form your own opinions on it too. Are you a sheep that follows the words of ONE verbatim? Or a lazy person who has no opinion and thoughts of their own so they need to just read one thing and make a premature judgment?

Ultimately, nobody is going to determine whether or not you keep this phone, or open it for that matter after reading one review. Only you can do that. Yes, reading or hearing about other people's experience on something CAN ASSIST you in making a decision, but to base your decision solely on somebody else's words entirely without giving something a chance is silly. What if you returned it and you realized through another experience that even though it isn't BB10(Which I think is part of your thought process here), that it would WORK FOR YOU? You can order it again but you've wasted time and ultimately you'll feel silly in the end.

What I'd encourage, is just open that box when it gets here, and do YOUR OWN review. Find out if the PRIV works for YOU. Cause I'm not using it on your behalf, and nor is Bla1ze, you'll just be reading what we thought about it

Posted from the Silver Beast!
    Best posts of this thread.

It reminds me of how supposedly well respected movie/book/music reviewers talk smack about a certain movie/book/music, yet I think it's good/great/fantastic. Last example: Pink Floyd's The endless river or David Bowies last album.

It also reminds me of how certain types in night clubs that got brushed-off told me how super hot girl x/y/z is a "stupid, arrogant, stuck up b i t c h", yet when I later talked to them later turned out to be very cool girls and the best lays of my life at that time. Had I listen to these guys who generally seemed to be handling themselves with girls pretty well, then I would never bothered to speak to any of those hot girls and would have missed out meeting these great gals.

In the end every "review" is just a subjective meaning of the "reviewer" and it will not change my decision whether or not to purchase something or do something.

Also, you have a 30 day back possibility if you REALLY wouldn't like it.

BTW. I pre-ordered my Priv yesterday. Paid a whopping EUR 799,00 for it. You guys are lucky in the US of A.
    Last edited by WT44; 11-04-15 at 09:40 AM.
    11-04-15 09:01 AM
    Mick Shrimpton, the bass player for Spinal Tap, Once said, T "As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the risk and roll."

To paraphrase Mick: As long as there's, you know, the Hub and Peek, I can do without the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:02 AM
    If blaze gives the priv a bad review I will quit my job.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, munakib and tp2386 like this.
    11-04-15 09:03 AM
    I agree bla1ze is the Priv overlord and a bad review from him will break my heart. He is the only true trusted source

Posted via CB10
    No PRESSURE here Bla1ze!
    11-04-15 09:23 AM
108 1234 ...