I won't even open up the package when it gets shipped to my home. I will do an immediate return. Really can't take any other reviewers opinion at face value.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-03-15 11:53 PM
    If your expectation is BB10 on Android then don't even accept the shipment. If its pkb Android with BB apps then you'll be fine.
    MO3iusONE, walt63, rjkolo and 1 others like this.
    11-03-15 11:56 PM
    I won't even open up the package when it gets shipped to my home. I will do an immediate return. Really can't take any other reviewers opinion at face value.

All 12 of them?

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-03-15 11:59 PM
    All 12 of them?

Posted via CB10
    Yup. My philosophy is if I don't like the device then I come off by being deceitful giving it to others as gifts. Just doesn't come off right and is a waste of money.

11-04-15 12:00 AM
    Yup. My philosophy is if I don't like the device then I come off by being deceitful giving it to others as gifts. Just doesn't come off right and is a waste of money.

I agree with your stance. Guess we'll find out how Bla1ze reviews by the end of the week.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:03 AM
    I agree bla1ze is the Priv overlord and a bad review from him will break my heart. He is the only true trusted source

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:29 AM
    I think he supports it as all true BlackBerrians do; he may not want it, but perhaps there isn't an alternative. Of course, I expect hate from those holding out. I can accept that, however; I have never been one to quite fit in. Why start now?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:58 AM
    If your expectation is BB10 on Android then don't even accept the shipment. If its pkb Android with BB apps then you'll be fine.
    I second this. If people are expecting a full or near full BB10 experience just with a full Android behind it, they will be extremely disappointed. The Priv simply isn't a BB10 device.
    However if you are, like me, buying that device because it is an Android device with a good physical keyboard plus some BlackBerry additions like a decent (e-mail) Hub and those increased security (if this marketing talk turns out to be true), you should be fine.

I am pretty sure the Priv will be a major disappointment to any die-hard BB10 user who is expecting an immediate BB10 replacement out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende, walt63 and iToya like this.
    11-04-15 01:17 AM

Yikes...

Now, I totally understand that you guys will take our EIC's review to heart(I'm definitely looking forward to reading it), but to not even open a phone because of the possibility of ONE (And I'm sure it won't be negative in the way you're hoping or at all in many ways) review is absurd.

I would hope that you not only read his review, but a lot of other ones too. I understand that you "can't take other reviewers opinions at face value", but taking a look around will get you many perspectives on this interesting phone, and open that box, form your own opinions on it too. Are you a sheep that follows the words of ONE verbatim? Or a lazy person who has no opinion and thoughts of their own so they need to just read one thing and make a premature judgment?

Ultimately, nobody is going to determine whether or not you keep this phone, or open it for that matter after reading one review. Only you can do that. Yes, reading or hearing about other people's experience on something CAN ASSIST you in making a decision, but to base your decision solely on somebody else's words entirely without giving something a chance is silly. What if you returned it and you realized through another experience that even though it isn't BB10(Which I think is part of your thought process here), that it would WORK FOR YOU? You can order it again but you've wasted time and ultimately you'll feel silly in the end.

What I'd encourage, is just open that box when it gets here, and do YOUR OWN review. Find out if the PRIV works for YOU. Cause I'm not using it on your behalf, and nor is Bla1ze, you'll just be reading what we thought about it

Posted from the Silver Beast!
    11-04-15 01:32 AM
    I don't care what the verve, Gizmodo, Engadget, or anyone else has to say about this phone.

I've been wanting an android device with a physical keyboard for a long time.

The last few android phones with a physical keyboard have always been pretty low end (slow processor, horrible camera, etc)

Finally, blackberry, out of every phone manufacture our there, decides to step up to the plate and offer a (almost) no compromise phone running Android. This is just too good to pass up. I mean blackberry would have to mess this up bad in order for me to return it. I'm talking about horrible battery life, buggy software causing it to restart, horrible build quality, etc. And so far based off videos and a few AMA's, I haven't seen any of that.
    Mecca EL and kertong like this.
    11-04-15 01:42 AM

Finally, blackberry, out of every phone manufacture our there, decides to step up to the plate and offer a (almost) no compromise phone running Android. This is just too good to pass up. I mean blackberry would have to mess this up bad in order for me to return it. I'm talking about horrible battery life, buggy software causing it to restart, horrible build quality, etc. And so far based off videos and a few AMA's, I haven't seen any of that.
    With such expectations you surely won't be disappointed, since it is a good Android phone with a physical keyboard. Just like you I was turned down by the last offerings we had around here: Either the Motorola Pro 2 or the HTC Desire Z, the latter one wasn't even good in many terms.

Considering the AMAs I am also pretty positive, I just hope BlackBerry will keep improving their Hub and they do so fast. In terms of hardware, performance, battery life I think there are no needs to worry at all.

It's people expecting it to be a next generation BB10 device who will be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 01:57 AM
    It's an android phone with BlackBerry keyboard tech.

In Squircle I Trust
    acovey and southlander like this.
    11-04-15 02:04 AM
    If this if that. Rumours this rumours that. Bla Bla bla.

I had it with all the non factual posts and speculating statements. I am just going to wait till the phone arrives and based on the REAL thing judge myself.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, jaydee5799 and fryk like this.
    11-04-15 02:05 AM
    Yikes...

Now, I totally understand that you guys will take our EIC's review to heart(I'm definitely looking forward to reading it), but to not even open a phone because of the possibility of ONE (And I'm sure it won't be negative in the way you're hoping or at all in many ways) review is absurd.

I would hope that you not only read his review, but a lot of other ones too. I understand that you "can't take other reviewers opinions at face value", but taking a look around will get you many perspectives on this interesting phone, and open that box, form your own opinions on it too. Are you a sheep that follows the words of ONE verbatim? Or a lazy person who has no opinion and thoughts of their own so they need to just read one thing and make a premature judgment?

Ultimately, nobody is going to determine whether or not you keep this phone, or open it for that matter after reading one review. Only you can do that. Yes, reading or hearing about other people's experience on something CAN ASSIST you in making a decision, but to base your decision solely on somebody else's words entirely without giving something a chance is silly. What if you returned it and you realized through another experience that even though it isn't BB10(Which I think is part of your thought process here), that it would WORK FOR YOU? You can order it again but you've wasted time and ultimately you'll feel silly in the end.

What I'd encourage, is just open that box when it gets here, and do YOUR OWN review. Find out if the PRIV works for YOU. Cause I'm not using it on your behalf, and nor is Bla1ze, you'll just be reading what we thought about it

Posted from the Silver Beast!
    Bro... I have been a member of this forum since 2009 and owned almost every single blackberry device besides the Torch which got mixed reviews. EVERY REVIEW HAS BEEN SPOT ON WITH MY PURCHASE DECISIONS ON HERE. So don't go telling me paragraphs going against my past experiences. These guys on Crackberry are professional and dare I say CLOSE to unbiased (ironic even if you choose not to believe it) when it comes to BlackBerry related news OR reviews. I feel they would know better almost 90-95% of the time.

If Blaize tells me the Priv is garbage or so-so, I don't even need to give it a second thought. My decision will be immediate. It goes back to BlackBerry while I dwell on other options.

Asvertus likes this.
    11-04-15 02:08 AM
    Bro... I have been a member of this forum since 2009 and owned almost every single blackberry device besides the Torch which got mixed reviews. EVERY REVIEW HAS BEEN SPOT ON WITH MY PURCHASE DECISIONS ON HERE. So don't go telling me paragraphs going against my past experiences. These guys on Crackberry are professional and dare I say CLOSE to unbiased (ironic even if you choose not to believe it) when it comes to BlackBerry related news OR reviews. I feel they would know better almost 90-95% of the time.

If Blaize tells me the Priv is garbage or so-so, I don't even need to give it a second thought. My decision will be immediate. It goes back to BlackBerry while I dwell on other options.

Why don't you cancel your order now immediately? Since Blaize hasn't told you anything now. You dare to just order thing whilst he didn't told you to? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:13 AM
    Why don't you cancel your order now immediately? Since Blaize hasn't told you anything now. You dare to just order thing whilst he didn't told you to? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I ordered because I'm not a hater and choose to support BlackBerry if they make quality devices. Reviewers bashed the Z10 and Passport but that didn't deter me after reading through Crackberry's review and then basing it off my own judgments. Guess what? They were spot on but gee... that's barely a surprise anymore based on past experiences.

Ordered both the Z10 and Passport even prior to reviews just like I'm doing with the Priv currently while you guys sit here and moan about prices.

ivantoothache and Mecca EL like this.
    11-04-15 02:20 AM
    I ordered because I'm not a hater and choose to support BlackBerry if they make quality devices. Reviewers bashed the Z10 and Passport but that didn't deter me after reading through Crackberry's review and then basing it off my own judgments. Guess what? They were spot on but gee... that's barely a surprise anymore based on past experiences.

Ordered both the Z10 and Passport even prior to reviews just like I'm doing with the Priv currently while you guys sit here and moan about prices.

I think you should read both sides of reviews:
    - the CB review that will analyze the priv compared to BB10 devices
    - the androidcentral review that will analyze the priv compared to other Android devices

Considering that the priv is an Android device with added BB goodness (not a BB device with added Android ecosystem), I will base my decision to buy the priv 67% on the AndroidCentral review and only 33% on the CB one.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, dolco and tw1g_007 like this.
    11-04-15 02:41 AM
    I think you should read both sides of reviews:
    - the CB review that will analyze the priv compared to BB10 devices
    - the androidcentral review that will analyze the priv compared to other Android devices

Considering that the priv is an Android device with added BB goodness (not a BB device with added Android ecosystem), I will base my decision to buy the priv 67% on the AndroidCentral review and only 33% on the CB one.
    This is actually the best point I've seen so far. That's actually pretty fair and reasonable. I take it that AndroidCentral is the Crackberry equivalent? Never owned an Android phone before so I wouldn't know but I do hear about AC a lot on here.

11-04-15 02:48 AM
    This is actually the best point I've seen so far. That's actually pretty fair. I take it that AndroidCentral is the Crackberry equivalent? Never owned an Android phone before so I wouldn't know but I do hear about AC a lot on here.

Yes, AndroidCentral is CB sister site dealing with everything Android.
    11-04-15 02:50 AM
    This is actually the best point I've seen so far. That's actually pretty fair and reasonable. I take it that AndroidCentral is the Crackberry equivalent? Never owned an Android phone before so I wouldn't know but I do hear about AC a lot on here.

Yes AC is the Android side of Mobile Nations. They also have iMORE for Apple and WindowsCentral for Microsoft.
    11-04-15 02:53 AM

I ordered the Priv too and didn't moan.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:53 AM
    I've been trying to get this is people's head around here...the Priv is not for the BB10 diehards. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment with expectations of it being like BB10. Have to take it for what it is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 04:03 AM
    Nothing against Bla1ze, but it seems to be a little bit short-minded to base such a decision on a single review!
    I would consider a broader range of reviews before making such a decision!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:05 AM
    I don't care what the verve, Gizmodo, Engadget, or anyone else has to say about this phone.

The last few android phones with a physical keyboard have always been pretty low end (slow processor, horrible camera, etc)

They compromised of the NAME.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 04:09 AM
    Exactly.
    11-04-15 04:09 AM
108 123 ...