03-14-16 09:40 PM
178 123 ...
tools
    Everyday I get a different battery, sometimes it's good and other times it makes the phone unusable. I took the phone off the charger at 8:30am today and it was at 100%. On my drive to work I could feel the phone getting really warm in my pocket and by the time I got to work (9:15am) the phone had lost 13%. Think about that ... 13% battery drain in 45 minutes and all I did in regards to usage was make a 5 minute phone call. So frustrating to have a phone where I have to curb all the features just to get battery life to be "okay" and then have days like this where it doesn't matter what features I disable, the battery has a mind of it's own.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails If the battery issues aren't resolved with the Marshmallow update, I'm dumping the Priv-40959.jpg  
    xxslxx, Snappy Phoenix and pgrl like this.
    01-18-16 10:34 AM
    I have to say, same here. Last week my Priv lasted all day one day then the next half a day, same style of usage. This morning I had 100% for over 2hrs and I'm at 65% at 430pm, very decent. Tomorrow is another day and will spin the wheel of battery roulette.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    xxslxx and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    01-18-16 10:42 AM
    I'm also sharing your thought

November and December have been great for my battery - I can get through a normal day and have 30% left which is comparable to my Sony Z3

The last week or so it's been appalling with it barely lasting the day - as it is now, I took mine off charge at 7:30am and only used it for phone calls and it down to 12%

53m36s of screen on time
    1hour 40mins of calls

But with the phone sat on my desk doing nothing but picking up my work e-mail it's losing battery at a worrying pace.

Starting to consider alternatives now. The wife will go spare at me after paying 500 for it
    Snappy Phoenix and so crow like this.
    01-18-16 10:50 AM
    My Priv battery lasts forever.

B_Rad BurnZ and ProjectBrett like this.
    01-18-16 11:28 AM
    Check your apps. Probably you have some which request so-called "wakelocks" which keep the phone active. You can use Greenify (available from the Play Store) to stop that from happening.
    01-18-16 11:52 AM
    I was having battery problems too until I switched off adaptive brightness.

Now my battery is great try it guys I posted about it on another link.

midnightdoom, Mr4aces and DoryGuy like this.
    01-18-16 11:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058628

Platinum_2 likes this.
    01-18-16 11:54 AM
    I'm doing pretty well, the screen on time for me is about 4-5 hours plus about 15% battery used by calls each day. Some days with lesser screen usage, I'm at bed time with 65% remaining which is on par with what I was getting with my Passport. Typically, I'm at about 30% with solid use throughout the day.

One thing I might suggest is to turn off the tap to wake - there could be a chance it is turning the screen ON in your pocket. There also could be something with Bluetooth enabled where it might be trying to scan.

Another thing to keep in mind is to use the included charger or a better one like a 2A charger. Some people reported earlier on that the charger made a difference.
    01-18-16 11:58 AM
    My problem is the battery when the screen is turned off. Sat there it's chewing through battery. All the battery apps point to when the screen is off its chewing up the battery
    01-18-16 12:05 PM
    I can mostly get through the day on one charge. The issue I have is when it is plugged in and charging I can run an app that is seemingly very processor hungry that will either drain the battery more quickly then it can charge or will somehow trick the PRIV into thinking it is fully charged. When the PRIV thinks it is fully charged it will display something like "83% charged" in my zooper widget.
    01-18-16 12:11 PM
    Use GSAM Battery Monitor to see what's using you're battery. And if you catch your phone running warm use OS Monitor to see what's using the processor.

Funny how I needed 2 apps for something that came in one app out of the box on BB10.

01-18-16 12:12 PM
    I know this may seem dumb, but have you tried a reboot
    This happened to me once month or so ago when I first got the device
    Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except for the drain
    Reboot, then everything was good.
    I'm a light user, but I'm lasting close to 2 days per charge (sometimes I just forget to charge, and it'll last me until the evening of the following day sometimes with 20%+
    01-18-16 12:32 PM
    Everyday I get a different battery, sometimes it's good and other times it makes the phone unusable. I took the phone off the charger at 8:30am today and it was at 100%. On my drive to work I could feel the phone getting really warm in my pocket and by the time I got to work (9:15am) the phone had lost 13%. Think about that ... 13% battery drain in 45 minutes and all I did in regards to usage was make a 5 minute phone call. So frustrating to have a phone where I have to curb all the features just to get battery life to be "okay" and then have days like this where it doesn't matter what features I disable, the battery has a mind of it's own.

Were your email accounts synchronizing?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 12:34 PM

try to install task manager, probably have some apps that are running

Posted via CB10
    DoryGuy likes this.
    01-18-16 01:11 PM
    I went as far as a clean wipe on the weekend and started over. A little better yet nothing stellar, I've tried the adaptive brightness, turning this and that on and off, a head stand for good luck. Since my last post I've plunged to 39%.

01-18-16 01:13 PM
    - Make sure you are using the charger that came with the priv.
    -Close apps after you are finished using them.
    -Let the battery fully drain, then re-charge.
    -Shut Off NFC, LOCATION,WI-Fi & Bluetooth if not in use.
    -On set up read options carefully and opt out of error reporting.

Those are some thing that may help "YOUR" battery issues.

01-18-16 01:22 PM

-I use the charger that came with it
    -I close apps when not in use
    -What if I can't let the battery fully drain, should I not charge it if I go to bed with a 25% battery life and wake up to a 15% battery life and have it die on me? It's not a feasible solution.
    -Shut off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and Location ... seriously, if I need to do that then BlackBerry failed at making a phone. NFC is off all the time and I rarely have WiFi on because I'm on an unlimited plan. So that's 2 out of 4.
    -I've done all the other tricks too (hell, I've started threads on what to do), the battery is just no good and acts up at random times. I know you want to make it "my" problem, but many others have reported the same thing. Believe it or not, I've had cell phones before the Priv and I was able to leave my WiFi, Bluetooth and Location Services on without destroying my battery life. Why would you find it acceptable to have a phone where you need to turn common features off to get a decent battery life?

01-18-16 01:58 PM
    This battery life is definitely not normal ! I am using the phone for almost 50 days and I can say that the batteries life is quite the same each day. For sure there are apps running in the background or most possibly your email accounts keep synchronize. I would suggest to re add your mail accounts in the hub with Max synchronization period of 90 days.
    01-18-16 02:05 PM
    My battery life is quite constant. In the evening I normally have around 50% and screen on time is a bit over 2 hours. In my opinion that's not good. As long as the display is off and CPU not working, the battery stays like forever. But when I start browsing or just switching between apps, e.g. Facebook/Whatsapp/Music Player, the battery loses 1% every 2-3 Minutes.

Have you guys seen this thread?
    forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-priv-f440/cause-battery-drain-1048710/
    Seems to be a software problem and CPU works harder than it should.

Regarding the problem with battery draining while screen is off, I think Marshmellow and 'Doze' should solve that. I really hope Marshmellow will come soon.
    01-18-16 02:15 PM
    I guess I'm just lucky with mine. Sorry you're going through that, guys.
    01-18-16 02:45 PM
    Not directly related to priv, but with Marshmellow, but my Nexus5 (a phone with a rather underwhelming battery) got a lot better battery life. The thing is, it didn't improve battery life for when I use the phone. What marshmellow did is improve battery life for when the phone is doing nothing (like sitting on a table) by limiting background processes. My job doesn't always require me to always be on the phone (most of my phone activity is reading stuff while using public transportation), so I usually have 30% battery when I get home. Before marshmellow I used to get home with 10-15%.

TL,DR: marshmellow will bring minimal changes to "active" battery life, but will greatly increase standby battery life.
    01-18-16 03:00 PM

And try to "switch off" your Priv all day

Posted via Priv...
    anon(947910) likes this.
    01-18-16 03:58 PM
    Why are people having battery issues on the Priv? I get battery life like I do on my Passport ...

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    B_Rad BurnZ and Bfalcon1 like this.
    01-18-16 04:48 PM
    My battery works great for me too.

I get through the day no problems, unless I'm playing games

I get in average about 4-5 hours onscreen time

01-18-16 04:50 PM
    Can you 'dump it' into my garbage can please?

01-18-16 05:04 PM
178 123 ...