Just messed around with Note 5...Its absolutely beautiful and yes demands a premium price. There's no plasticy feeling like the s3 or any of the blackberry products. I made a thread earlier that the Priv should be north of 750 but I would like to rescind that message. Priv's body in 2015 should have been a aluminum and glass combination especially if the plan is to sell at premium price. Plus this is very likely last shot of making a come back so not sure why plastic was chosen in its body material. I don't care how quality the plastic is but the material matters, in decision making, especially if the cost will be in par with premium phones.

I recommend blackberry a price of around 450 max if they want to stay relevant and still be in the market. Anything more would be stupid.

First mistake during design phase: wrong material
    Second mistake: delay in release, Nov too late
    What will be their third mistake?

Posted via CB10
    Haytham Hamad likes this.
    10-04-15 02:29 PM
    450 is the price of a Classic... you are completely unrealistic on how a high end device like this should be priced. Minimum 599 USD...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 02:31 PM
    I can't hear it anymore, it should be this it should have that and of course BlackBerry did everything imaginable wrong. I'm close to leaving this forum and start having more technical discussions in the xda forums...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:50 PM
    Just messed around with Note 5...Its absolutely beautiful and yes demands a premium price. There's no plasticy feeling like the s3 or any of the blackberry products. I made a thread earlier that the Priv should be north of 750 but I would like to rescind that message. Priv's body in 2015 should have been a aluminum and glass combination especially if the plan is to sell at premium price. Plus this is very likely last shot of making a come back so not sure why plastic was chosen in its body material. I don't care how quality the plastic is but the material matters, in decision making, especially if the cost will be in par with premium phones.

I recommend blackberry a price of around 450 max if they want to stay relevant and still be in the market. Anything more would be stupid.

Posted via CB10
    I was wrong...MAX 0-d7xkgkisjfu0o.gif
    10-04-15 02:51 PM
    450 is the price of a Classic... you are completely unrealistic on how a high end device like this should be priced. Minimum 599 USD...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Agree. No way it's $450. Not in a million years.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    talalal likes this.
    10-04-15 03:09 PM
    I can't remember the last BlackBerry product that felt 'plasticy'.

Maybe an early Tour? Even my Storm had a metal back.

The Z10 had a rubbery back, but other than that felt pretty solid.

The Q10 felt like it was carved from a block of some metallic composite (and I 'heard' that it left a mark when being thrown at by a wife--not that I would know anything about that.)

And of course the Passport. Not sure how anyone could call this thing 'plasticy'. All I know is I wouldn't want to drop it on my bare feet.

Sounds like OP has a case of the 'shiny object' syndrome. Don't worry, you'll probably relapse when you get to actually play with a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 03:10 PM

The Q10 felt like it was carved from a block of some metallic composite (and I 'heard' that it left a mark when being thrown at by a wife--not that I would know anything about that.)

And of course the Passport. Not sure how anyone could call this thing 'plasticy'. All I know is I wouldn't want to drop it on my bare feet.

Sounds like OP has a case of the 'shiny object' syndrome. Don't worry, you'll probably relapse when you get to actually play with a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Q5?
    10-04-15 03:32 PM
    I honestly don't care if it's plastic at least it's not glossy and becomes greasy like the S3 and S4. You are saying only the choice in materials used commands a hefty price which is wrong. My Z10 and Z3 felt solid despite being plastic mainly due to the back cover having a nice soft grip.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-04-15 03:36 PM
    Q5?
    Aw damn... forgot about that one. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:21 PM
    "I was wrong..."

Still are...
    astrodan13 and The_Big like this.
    10-04-15 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha....good one!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I heard that Blackberry will pay you to buy it instead! 450USD????? Do you realize how unrealistic this price is??

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:58 PM
    I heard that Blackberry will pay you to buy it instead! 450USD????? Do you realize how unrealistic this price is??

Posted via CB10
    Pretty stoked about that!!! I might actually buy two of them now!

And the wife can't even be mad...
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-04-15 05:45 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Yes that's y classics are selling so well? No one wants to spend that much on plastic when they can get Androids which are made of much more superior quality material. I polled few of my colleagues and all complained about blackberry 's plasticy feeling. I have a passport because I like pkb and got it for really really cheap. Prosumers that're paying north of 500 aren't stupid..they still require latest standard body design and material.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:56 PM
    Should be $599 to garner market interest (considering the poor reputational position BB is in) but they will probably make a huge mistake and price it at $699 or $799 thinking they can charge the Apple premium, and everyone will just yawn.
    zyxxiforr and rnsaza like this.
    10-04-15 06:08 PM
    OP, you start off this thread by saying "I was wrong". Then you say the price of the phone should be a max of $450. Got some news for you...you're still wrong.

Also, make sure that you don't get your choice of smoke wrong. Smoke real herb, say no to cloves.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-04-15 06:37 PM
    Well, no one that has had it in their hands in any leak has stated it felt "plasticy ". I guess you've had one in hand to make this statement? No, I didn't think so. Maybe wait until it's released to make a statement like that. Every BlackBerry phone I've ever owned felt solid and of good quality. Maybe you should wait until YOU have it in your hand to pass judgement.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-04-15 06:50 PM
    Yes that's y classics are selling so well? No one wants to spend that much on plastic when they can get Androids which are made of much more superior quality material. I polled few of my colleagues and all complained about blackberry 's plasticy feeling. I have a passport because I like pkb and got it for really really cheap. Prosumers that're paying north of 500 aren't stupid..they still require latest standard body design and material.

Posted via CB10
    Then I guess you and all of your colleagues have handled the Priv? You know how it feels and works? Please, enlighten us. How good is the hub? How's battery life? How tall is it when the keyboard is extended? What is DTEK? Obviously you must know this because it feels plasticy. Please do enlighten me.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-04-15 06:56 PM

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Attached Thumbnails I was wrong...MAX 0-why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg  
    10-04-15 07:04 PM
    HEY! I don't like this phones build material and because of that I know blackberry should only price it at this number! Because I said so and everyone is like me! Hmph!!!

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-04-15 07:07 PM
    I can't hear it anymore, it should be this it should have that and of course BlackBerry did everything imaginable wrong. I'm close to leaving this forum and start having more technical discussions in the xda forums...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my sentiments. X.x

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:21 PM
    It will not be offered for cheaper than the Passport, which is currently $499 USD. And that's the price when it's already a year old...
    10-04-15 10:08 PM
    The LG V10 is also made out of metal and plastic. Honestly, I don't care what the phone is made out of, as long as it feels good in the hand. My Z3 Compact has a glass back, it doesn't feel good. Neither does the S6 or Note 5. I assure you those phones will have an aluminum back or something else next year, glass is the worst thing you can use when making a back cover for a phone.
    10-04-15 10:11 PM
    Why worry about the build materials when the biggest problem with selling BlackBerry devices is the name BlackBerry?

The value of any product is determined by what the market will pay not what the seller asks. The less than 1%ers that think their opinion on price is worth something are missing one big fact! Blackberry's existence in the consumer market is just a technicality, it has almost zero support as a brand! Next step is to give up on hardware and focus on what is profitable. Wake up and smell reality!

BlackBerry has tried to survive by relying on its faithful supporters but there just aren't enough of us left to buy enough devices to make having a hardware division a viable option.

From experience I know that even the Priv will be a compromise compared to other Android OS devices on the market and people don't want comprise, how much BlackBerry demand I compromise will determine if I stay or move on. I'm over making a compromise, if BlackBerry wants my money they have a difficult task ahead of them. I'd rather pay a premium price for a premium product with a proven premium history, not pay for another wild grab for cash by a company that just can't see the obvious.
    zyxxiforr likes this.
    10-04-15 10:34 PM
    Pretty stoked about that!!! I might actually buy two of them now!

And the wife can't even be mad...
    To keep the peace, I always get her one when I upgrade and she leaves me alone.
    10-04-15 10:37 PM
52 123