I am afraid with the Nougat update the priv would be laggy, which is usually the way phone updates go.

Let's hope that this does not happen with the new update. And even if the phone does not get the update, I would rather have a snappy Marshmallow phone rather than a laggy Nougat phone.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-15-17 10:38 PM
    I would. Also remember Blackberry promised 2 years of updates and Nougat and the next android version should be part of those updates. I am pretty sure Nougat will even smoother on the Priv than marshamllow already does.
    04-15-17 10:51 PM
    Os updates don't slow down your phone. Nougat has been out for a while and there are no adverse effects to speed. If anything it would probably be better
    04-16-17 01:25 AM
    I would. Also remember Blackberry promised 2 years of updates and Nougat and the next android version should be part of those updates. I am pretty sure Nougat will even smoother on the Priv than marshamllow already does.
    Sources on both?
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-16-17 01:50 AM
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other if I get nougat or not, either.
    04-16-17 05:02 AM
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other if I get nougat or not, either.
    Same here. The phone works great as is.
    Coyote55 likes this.
    04-16-17 06:17 AM
    Me too. Couldn't care less
    04-16-17 06:32 AM
    I am afraid with the Nougat update the priv would be laggy, which is usually the way phone updates go.

Let's hope that this does not happen with the new update. And even if the phone does not get the update, I would rather have a snappy Marshmallow phone rather than a laggy Nougat phone.
    I found the Priv improved when I updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow. I'm sure the same would happen upgrading to Nougat.
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    04-16-17 07:50 AM
    I must be missing something if marshmallow is being referred to add not Laggy I find my PRIV unexceptionally slow and just as bad as the passport and Q10
    04-16-17 08:02 AM
    I must be missing something if marshmallow is being referred to add not Laggy I find my PRIV unexceptionally slow and just as bad as the passport and Q10
    Well you have a problem. The priv can get slow but it's not usually slow.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-17 10:53 AM
    Well you have a problem. The priv can get slow but it's not usually slow.
    I agree completely. After I just saw what happened to my wife's Michael Kors Bradshaw Android Wear smartwatch, Nougat can stay far far away. After the 7.0.1 Nougate update, the speaker stopped working, then after resetting and starting again, it overheated and would constantly restart.

Michael Kors and Fossil have accepted the watch under their warranty and said that they are hearing from many owners that are having the same issue.

So after being a pioneer with the Priv and having all the fun we had with Lollipop, the rest of us know how awesome it is to have a stable, smooth and fast phone like a Marshmallow Priv. I am in absolutely no rush.
    FF22, newcollector and Wezard like this.
    04-16-17 02:06 PM
    And I am for one not sure why Nougat is such a big deal. All the 'battery optimizations' happen when you are NOT using the phone. Most of the enhancements are trivial at best and many of which are possible with apps in Google Play anyway.

My spare S7 showed no real improvement in any measure at all. The UI tweaks are mostly Samsung UI tweaks.

Since Blackberry tends to keep things very stock, I think a lot people are going to be very disappointed if they think it's going to dramatically update the phone.

Marshmallow and enhanced apps and security for me! And a Blackberry 10 runtime would be awesome.

Can you imagine the irony? A Blackberry 10 runtime????
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-17 02:11 PM
    The s7 already had a lot of the improvements that nougat brings on a "stock" level.
    I would love better standby battery life. As it is now the standby on android is no where near as good as BlackBerry or Apple
    HBLEY likes this.
    04-16-17 02:40 PM

Yup! it goes all laggy!
    04-17-17 06:39 AM
    The s7 already had a lot of the improvements that nougat brings on a "stock" level.
    I would love better standby battery life. As it is now the standby on android is no where near as good as BlackBerry or Apple
    I just couldn't agree more with you lad.
    04-17-17 06:40 AM
    I just couldn't agree more with you lad.
    04-17-17 06:40 AM
    Too be honest, NOUGAT wasn't a huge improvement for my Droid... I haven't noticed any lag, but it does seem to get warmer and I would say battery life was affected. Now I have a slightly different SoC, SD810. But in some ways I think Nougat took me back to the performance I saw with Lollipop. Something I don't think PRIV owners would like.

And the only reason I would think BlackBerry might be considering not providing a Nougat update for the PRIV at this point... unless that decision was made long ago.
    04-17-17 07:23 AM
    Missing out on "Doze on the go" would be a big loss to me. As it stands with doze, it takes one hour of inactivity on a level surface to kick in. From there it's only a 1-3% battery loss for 8-12 hours.

Doze on the go brings it on quickly, with all orientations and even in motion, slightly less aggressively.

As my battery ages, this would help to future proof the battery life I see today.
    04-17-17 10:43 AM
    I think the multitasking screens on Nougat on the Priv would be awesome. So, for that reason alone, I hope the Priv receives Nougat.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-17-17 11:25 AM
    OS updates are designed to improve user experience, not make them worse. The only time it would make it worse, is if the OS system requirements move beyond the device capabilities, which I don't think is going to happen for a while.
    04-17-17 12:07 PM
    Honestly, I agree with your statement for the most part. Even if the Priv were snappy on Nougat, I wouldn't care if I had it or not. I came from a Nexus 6p with nougat to get a priv with marshmallow.

The only thing that I used nougat for is the split screen feature.
    Nathan Conley and Mirko935 like this.
    04-17-17 02:10 PM
    You find your Passport slow? Have you tried resetting to factory condition and setting everything up again? From my experience, even Android apps run reasonable well on my PP.
    04-21-17 10:53 AM
    I am using Nougat on my S8 now.
    05-16-17 07:33 AM
    I am using Nougat on my S8 now.
    Well it's a brand new phone. Would you expect anything less? Buy a KEYone and guess what? You get Nougat too!

We just hope we will enjoy the benefits of Nougat on our "old" Privs.
    05-16-17 08:59 AM
    Nah man. I am fine with S8 now. I hope to keep it for atleast a year now.
    05-16-17 09:02 AM
37 12