Its the only thing holding me back, to be honest. (Maybe the price a bit too)

At this point, I'm not even sure this device will succeed as much as i want it to. They said they are gonna come out with Marshmallow update in the new year, but who knows if that will even happen if Blackberry does decide to take a back seat in the hardware department.

Do you think they will continue to give us Andriod OS updates if they turn into a full out software company?
    11-11-15 11:53 AM
    Yes they will.....I think their new business model inherently requires them to be on the forefront of all things Android. Remember they are providing BES12 and other back-end services cross platform, so keeping up with Android versions is a given....cause the R&D work to do it will have to be done anyway for their other services.
    11-11-15 11:56 AM
    You probably won't buy any phone then other than the Nexus 6p, 5x or HTC A9.

I still don't get all the crying about Marshmallow, yes it's better, has nice improvements, but isn't like it's going to transform the phone. Most people won't even tell a difference wich OS is running
    dietertong likes this.
    11-11-15 11:57 AM

Do you think they will continue to give us Andriod OS updates if they turn into a full out software company?
    What would a software company focus on if not software?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:58 AM
    If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath.
    11-11-15 12:00 PM
    Its the only thing holding me back, to be honest. (Maybe the price a bit too)

At this point, I'm not even sure this device will succeed as much as i want it to. They said they are gonna come out with Marshmallow update in the new year, but who knows if that will even happen if Blackberry does decide to take a back seat in the hardware department.

I'm sensing that you don't even know 'why' you want Marshmallow. You just want it because it's new, right?
    11-11-15 12:06 PM