Actually Verizon (rep on phone) said update was sent to them, had issues then returned to BlackBerry and waiting for fix. The guy said thats what it shows for him and the update. He says as soon as BlackBerry gets the software fixed and returned to Verizon we get our update. He said there must of been issues. Why else wouldn't verizon send it.

So according to him its BlackBerry why we don't have the update. Can we get BlackBerry to confirm this?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's �� largest network.
    Yup. It was too early in the year for an upgrade so they shipped it back with "do not open till Xmas!" on the note.
    misterabrasive and 00stryder like this.
    08-12-16 03:16 PM
    Actually Verizon (rep on phone) said update was sent to them, had issues then returned to BlackBerry and waiting for fix. The guy said thats what it shows for him and the update. He says as soon as BlackBerry gets the software fixed and returned to Verizon we get our update. He said there must of been issues. Why else wouldn't verizon send it.

So according to him its BlackBerry why we don't have the update. Can we get BlackBerry to confirm this?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    I bet that rep gets a bonus from VZW this week for coming up with the best lie of the week.
    FF22, Camelhmpz and 00stryder like this.
    08-12-16 04:23 PM
    Yeah, figured. Here's some information about Verizon, then:

1. CDMA carrier.
    2. Carrier with the best nationwide coverage.
    3. Phones are manufactured for them. At the moment, they don't generally allow non-whitelisted phones.

Bad idea in general, super bad if Verizon coverage around you sucks anyway.

Which begs the question...why are you with Verizon, then?
    Really? That's news to me, I was under the impression that the Z30 for sure worked well for T-Mo. Wasn't sure about the Priv but I remember you saying previously that essentially all LTE-enabled devices on Verizon are GSM-unlocked and in some cases the best global option for multiple carriers?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-12-16 07:25 PM
    Really? That's news to me, I was under the impression that the Z30 for sure worked well for T-Mo.
    It worked well for a Verizon phone, but a few things have changed since for TMO since then:

-Band 12 has become more of a presence now (Z30 lacks band 12)
    -UMTS 1700 network has been re-farmed to LTE in some markets (which is a good thing--Verizon Z30 lacks the UMTS 1700 band.)
    -Band 2 LTE network is bigger (LTE band 2 is missing from the Verizon Z30. Technically, that's bad now even for Verizon customers.)

On launch day, the Verizon Z30 had bands for two out of TMO's then-four major high speed networks. That was pretty good, considering the "best fit" Z30 for TMO wasn't compatible with all four either.

Wasn't sure about the Priv but I remember you saying previously that essentially all LTE-enabled devices on Verizon are GSM-unlocked and in some cases the best global option for multiple carriers?
    Correct. All LTE phones sold by Verizon are sold LTE and GSM unlocked.

The Verizon Priv is IMO a highly better than average fit for European carriers: you will get LTE in pretty much all of Europe, thanks partly to the density of coverage and the fact that the Verizon Priv works on the three LTE networks that dominate Europe and are present to an appreciable degree worldwide: 3, 7 and 20. It's just as good a fit for Europe as the factory unlocked NA model!

It's a pretty good fit with TMO US too: as good as any BB10 phone (including the ones TMO sold to its customers.) It's got bands for four out of the five major networks; band 12 being the only absence.
    08-12-16 09:52 PM
    You have a good point but I fear that BB has very little influence with US Carriers. Although they do seem to have something going to AT&T. They got exclusive early release of Priv. But I don't blame you. I guess you could tweet Clewly and tell of your reluctance to get the Priv due to Verizon's behavior and slowness.
    Done times four (tweets) to @MichaelClewley...we shall see if any impact. Prunes might help...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-16 04:40 PM
    I tweeted clewly this morning as well. No answer

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-14-16 04:43 PM
    I joined the club:

@MichaelClewley Still waiting, less patiently, for the Verizon MM to released. Behind in security. Picture Password missing PIN backup
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-14-16 05:27 PM
    Believe nothing you hear from Verizon and not even half of what is in writing before your own eyes. However, once in awhile you can actually get a representative that knows what's going on, as long as it's not a tech issue. And unless something has changed BB Tech support isn't any better than Verizon customer support. Just my experience so no need for others opinions. Besides, I really want to win that new Blackberry, the one that seems to have issues in itself, but hey, there's BlackBerry Tech support to the rescue.
    09-05-16 09:43 PM
    Uh... what?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    09-05-16 09:45 PM
109 ... 345