I went to the AT&T in Portland OR today in an attempt to test out the Priv. To my surprise they had 3 in stock but of course I wanted to test it out before I dropped 760 bucks. First impressions were good from just the physical appearance but it was turned off so I powered it on and waited for the boot up which seemed pretty quick. I was eager to test the physical keyboard as this was my main reason for wanting the priv. After first sliding out the keyboard I noticed the keys felt a bit cramped but also knew it would take time to get used to the keyboard. Not sure if other people had this issue but the screen was flickering. Maybe it was a bad model but something was off. I attempted to use the keyboard despite the flickering and guage the accuracy of the keyboard vs my s6 edge plus. I unfortunately was not impressed and although I am sure it was a bad model the physical keyboard felt way to cramped to be considered a replacement for my current phone. I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry. Also believe there is a lack of good quality control from blackberry since this was a barely used demo unit. Maybe another company will reinvent the physical kwyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 07:39 PM
    I felt the same way about the keyboard but after a day or so it's great to type on. It looks small and cramp but it's not.

LiterallyLogan and aspurrell like this.
    11-13-15 07:43 PM
    I also went to my local at&t store here in orlando,FL. I'm a hardcore BB and Android fan. I currently also have the S6 edge. Idk. The cameras on the Samsung was much better, but there wasn't much lighting in there (I've heard from other reviewed that the Priv low light quality is not that great). Idk why but the model just shut off on me. Really took me aback. I guess cause it wasn't even properly being charged. Keyboard was fine. I've always liked a keyboard. I felt like it was too much going on. And the demo phone was just ********. They had nothing setup so it was frustrating not being able to see BBM and Gmail and all the android/BB things you expect. Even though my preorder is in the "unknown I'll get it before nov 24th stage" it does have me wondering if I should cancel it. I do wish I had more time to play with it, but I didn't feel like hearing the whole sales pitch since I'm with t-mobile.
    11-13-15 07:49 PM
    The keyboard is tiny.

Also, what's probably killing all these demo units is that they need the BlackBerry apps updated badly, and that can only be done via the play stored, which requires a Google account.

When I went, I was tempted to just make a dummy account and update the apps, but... really... it's not my task.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:56 PM
    I am also on Tmobile and if I had like the phone I woukd have bought it and unlocked it but was not impressed� also noticed the build quality when you pressed the back of the phone it was really flimsy. The classic was next to the priv on display so I tried that and realized immediately that the keys on the priv were too small for me.

11-13-15 08:00 PM
    I went to the AT&T in Portland OR today in an attempt to test out the Priv. To my surprise they had 3 in stock but of course I wanted to test it out before I dropped 760 bucks. First impressions were good from just the physical appearance but it was turned off so I powered it on and waited for the boot up which seemed pretty quick. I was eager to test the physical keyboard as this was my main reason for wanting the priv. After first sliding out the keyboard I noticed the keys felt a bit cramped but also knew it would take time to get used to the keyboard. Not sure if other people had this issue but the screen was flickering. Maybe it was a bad model but something was off. I attempted to use the keyboard despite the flickering and guage the accuracy of the keyboard vs my s6 edge plus. I unfortunately was not impressed and although I am sure it was a bad model the physical keyboard felt way to cramped to be considered a replacement for my current phone. I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry. Also believe there is a lack of good quality control from blackberry since this was a barely used demo unit. Maybe another company will reinvent the physical kwyboard.

Yikes , another amatuer biased opinion.. Just an FYI, Blackberry holds over 20 thousand patents on the physical keyboard thus why nobody has come close. Software flickering is rare and you know that was an odd issue but you still judged kmowing there is an update alreafy for that.
    You went in with a bias which seems obvious. Enjoy the edge with no PKB

Posted from my Priv!
    11-13-15 08:00 PM
    Yikes another defensive blackberry fanboy that will defend blackberry until the end and tuck their heads between thier legs and oretend the world around them does not exist.

11-13-15 08:03 PM
    I came from the passport and had similar feeling when I first started using the keyboard on the priv but after a few days I'm totally used to it and like it better then the passport as its easier to type on.

Initially I as feeling blah but the phone is pretty cool and after all the updates the phone is simply awesome. The onscreen keyboard is great by itself.

11-13-15 08:10 PM
    Yikes another defensive blackberry fanboy that will defend blackberry until the end and tuck their heads between thier legs and oretend the world around them does not exist.

Well it is pretty silly an average consumer would come to a forum for BlackBerry fans and declare "this is probably the last phone by BlackBerry", for whatever reason. ?

I don't plan to use the pkb much but for the huge track pad feature. (but I'm sure I'll eventually be dependent on it) I've never had a BlackBerry with a pkb, went from storms, z10, to z30. Used apple in between.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:17 PM
    I came from the passport and had similar feeling when I first started using the keyboard on the priv but after a few days I'm totally used to it and like it better then the passport as its easier to type on.
    All all the real reviews seem to say this same thing. In "real", I mean the ones who are judging the phone not the company BlackBerry used to be 10 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:18 PM
    Yikes , another amatuer biased opinion.. Just an FYI, Blackberry holds over 20 thousand patents on the physical keyboard thus why nobody has come close. Software flickering is rare and you know that was an odd issue but you still judged kmowing there is an update alreafy for that.
    You went in with a bias which seems obvious. Enjoy the edge with no PKB

Posted from my Priv!
    Who cares what the "experts" think. When I buy a phone, I'm one spending the money and using phone. The if the OP didn't like it, then it's not for him. I'm happy w my Passport. If I wanted an android phone I'd probably get a Nexus or Galaxy Note.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:29 PM
    Priv will be the last BlackBerry phone eh? That's odd, I could've sworn I saw this recently:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-vienna

Posted using my sick Z30
    11-13-15 08:29 PM

it sucks that you didn't have a good experience with it. i just wonder if you should give it another try at another store (better device hopefully) in few days...just to see if there is any difference. maybe try and see?
    11-13-15 08:33 PM
    I have to confess that even though I've owned a Z10 Q10 Z30 and most recently the Passport I was ready to jump ship and get the Galaxy Edge as I think it is probably the most beautifully designed phoned out there and mainly because I missed the android ecosystem (Sonos, Spotify, Chromecast/etc) I had most of these apps on my Passport (courtesy of Snap) but quiet frankly they barely run especially Spotify, super laggy and sometimes foreclosing. Always wondering if the App I was about to download would even work, always dreading the infamous google service required message. Now with my Priv I do miss some of the bb10 features but overall the smooth android App experience more than compensates for it. Being a BlackBerry fan I really don't care what others think of my phone choice , but I can't help to mention that android and iPhone users alike are having a really hard time criticizing my Priv... I really consider this the ultimate phone. Hardware, industrial design, tons of innovations, awesome battery life, amazing camera, SD card, and finally apps. My plan was to give this phone a try and return it for a Samsung Edge if it didn't work for me... Hell no, definitely a keeper.. 1000% proud to flaunt my Priv. Opening and closing the keyboard at every chance I have.. Love love my Priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App from my BlackBerry Priv
    Last edited by MoraBoy; 11-14-15 at 06:48 AM.
    11-13-15 08:48 PM
    I went to my Rogers store last week with the idea of getting my hands on a real working priv. But the agent said they could only show me dummy which he said was close to the real thing. All I'll say is I decided to wait for more reviews before deciding whether to purchase the priv or not. After reading the pros and cons here, it seems the passport has been a choice for me especially when it comes to the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:50 PM
    Like everything you'd get used to the keyboard in no time. I know because I experienced the same thing moving from my Q10 to the Passport. Initially I hated the size (too big) and not having all the actual keys (some virtual) but eventually I got used to it. Now going back to a smaller keyboard again (I would say in line w/Q10) it took me about 1-2 days and I'm now flying with it.. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, I'm just sharing my thoughts on it...

Posted via the CrackBerry App from my BlackBerry Priv
    godsgift123 likes this.
    11-13-15 08:57 PM
    Well, I have used a S6Edge and I bought a Priv. Not sorry I did either; I can return it, but it's not going back.

I MUCH prefer the Priv, and it's not just the expandable storage (although that doesn't hurt!) The keyboard is fine; yes, it's smaller than my Passport's but I adjusted to it within a couple of hours. I don't have any problem typing on it at all; the biggest thing I'm still working on is the ALT and SYM keys, which of course the Passport doesn't have.

BTW I've had exactly zero crashes, force-closes or "unexpected waits" from mine. None. Zip. And I've also got some objective RF performance numbers now compared against my Passport; the Priv has won every side-by-side. Every one.

I'm impressed with the main camera too. It's not a Canon 5d3, but it blows the Passport out of the water -- and is damn good. I'm working up a comparison article on that as well. I'd include an S6 but I don't have one, and I'm not buying a phone just to do a review.

The first thing I did when I got the unit was get all the updates. If you're running one without them YMMV, and probably will vary.

They wouldn't push updates if they didn't fix something.
    11-13-15 08:58 PM
    I felt the same way about the keyboard but after a day or so it's great to type on. It looks small and cramp but it's not.

The Priv PKB is bigger than the Q10, i remember when first typing on the Passport my first thought was wholly sh1t this keyboard is fricking big but after a few days I got used to it.

After five days with the Priv it's my favourite device. It's complete not missing anything and BlackBerry will improve on it just like they did with BB10.

11-13-15 08:59 PM
    This is my first blackberry device I've used the keyboard on the curve for a bit about three years back. I personally prefer the keyboard on the priv it's not cramped it just perfect imo. Also if the priv you used wasn't updated with the app updates there could of been some bugs which have since been ironed out my priv camera is a beast it's great photos.
    11-13-15 09:10 PM
    Yet another person who doesn't give a BlackBerry a fair shot. smh

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:11 PM

Cool story bro
    11-13-15 09:13 PM
    I can only laugh now when I read these in store reviews. I've owned phones by Samsung, BlackBerry, Google, Amazon, Asus and more. My 3 days with the Priv have been heaven compared to ALL of them.

11-13-15 09:38 PM
    I am open to trying it again believe me I want a physical keyboard.

Gadget Fann and godsgift123 like this.
    11-13-15 09:40 PM
    I think the reps at the store just didn't care for the Priv which is why nothing on it was setup and t was barely charged. At&t are really more concerned about iPhones always. For someone who loves bb, you can overlook that store experience. But for someone who is totally brand new to b
    Blackberry, that would put you off. Still keeping my order.
    MdRoberts40 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:50 PM
    I have had my Priv for a week. At first the keyword was cramped seeming; however I use it often and enjoy the experience now. I think BlackBerry has done a good job with this phone and believe updates will improve it.

11-13-15 10:00 PM
95 123 ...