If you like the iPhone so much, sell your Blackberry, be happy and move on. Do you have nothing better to do than posting in Blackberry forums how great the iPhone is? Has Apple already come to this stage that its mighty overpriced cult products nedd that kind of BS?

Posted via CB10
    While at the same time missing the point of my post, you also proved it.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-14-15 at 05:55 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-14-15 04:04 PM
    So you should only post here if you own a blackberry? Then this should be a private forum. Who is trolling who?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    how are you going to tell if the keyboard is any good if you don't own one? a store experience won't tell you anything, especially if you're used to virtual keyboards. When I go from the passport to a Q10, it's like I can't type on it for being so small. But because I had a lot of experience with the Q10 before, I know that it feels small because I got used to the gigantic passport.

At the moment I type much better on passport than a Q10, but I know from previous experience that once you get used to it, the Q10 is faster to type due to less distance between the keys wich equates to lower travel time.

So yes, owning the device is needed to do a proper evaluation of a device because you need time to adapt to it
    11-14-15 04:27 PM
    You are mistaken. The priv has frets but they are black in colour. The keys are the same width as q10 but not as tall. Coming from a passport I don't find they are cramped at all. I ype faster on the priv then the passport I wil. The onscreen keyboard is great and makes me fondly remember my z30 I had.
    The priv's keys are actually wider than the Q10. Priv's keyboard is 6.9cm wide, the same as the classic. The Q10's keyboard is 6.4cm wide. Most people that are strugling with the size are passport users wich is understandable as I own one. But once you get used to it, the smaller keyboard is actually faster to type
    wincyUt and adrenaline_x like this.
    11-14-15 04:28 PM
    You are mistaken. The priv has frets but they are black in colour. The keys are the same width as q10 but not as tall. Coming from a passport I don't find they are cramped at all. I ype faster on the priv then the passport I wil. The onscreen keyboard is great and makes me fondly remember my z30 I had.
    I'm truly glad you like the Priv keyboard. I found it atrocious and I was someone who was incredibly enthusiastic about the Priv, thought Android was the right move for BB and was planning on buying one. I am praying the Priv works out for Blackberry and that they introduce the Vienna with Classic like keys for people like me. VKB's are so good at this point that if you're going to have a PKB, it needs to be fantastic.

That said, I do think you're wrong about the frets. I've spent considerable time (3 separate occasions) playing around with the Priv now and the keys are remarkably flat - even flatter than my Passport. Ars Technica sees the fret-less keys the same way I do - it's more of a slight of hand visual trick than real frets like the Classic...

"The slide-out keyboard feels like the Priv's entire reason for existing, but it just isn't any good. BlackBerry's hardware keys might have had a leg up on 3.5-inch devices, but today the keys are microscopic compared to the software keyboard on any 5-inch phone. The tiny keys make it easy to press the wrong button, and typing becomes a cramped, uncomfortable experience.
    To fit the keys under the screen, BlackBerry made them almost completely flat. You won't find the nice raised ridges here like on a classic BlackBerry keyboard. Two edges of each key will be beveled to get a similar look but not the same feel."
    11-14-15 04:46 PM
    I went to my Rogers store last week with the idea of getting my hands on a real working priv. But the agent said they could only show me dummy which he said was close to the real thing. All I'll say is I decided to wait for more reviews before deciding whether to purchase the priv or not. After reading the pros and cons here, it seems the passport has been a choice for me especially when it comes to the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I don't miss my passport at all but with all phones I will wait a month or more before I hand off my passport to someone at work.

The only concern for me with the priv I the battery life vs my passport. It's been 7 hours so far today and I'm at 63%. I'm used to my passport having 60 % when I put it on he charger at the end of the day.
    11-14-15 05:21 PM
    I don't miss my passport at all but with all phones I will wait a month or more before I hand off my passport to someone at work.

The only concern for me with the priv I the battery life vs my passport. It's been 7 hours so far today and I'm at 63%. I'm used to my passport having 60 % when I put it on he charger at the end of the day.
    Yeah I notice the priv is not lasting as long as my G4 throughout the day.

11-14-15 07:02 PM
    Yeah I notice the priv is not lasting as long as my G4 throughout the day.

I'm at 42% now after. 10 hours

I'm am testing the secure work space for bes 12 and it's taking up 12%
    11-14-15 07:48 PM
    I am open to trying it again believe me I want a physical keyboard.

Please save yourself the hassle and stay with what you are used to. It's your money to spend however you wish. Your opinion does not matter to everyone.
    I'm getting my Priv on Monday and I'm looking forward to enjoying the phone. To each their own.
    11-14-15 08:27 PM
    I am assuming you havn't used or even held a priv, if you dont prefer it why hate, I bought one and i am blown away, its by far the best blackberry/Android device i have used. I have owned several devices from different manufactures and blackberry by far blows all of them away. I dont care for the apps or camera, the phone it self has always been better the iphones or samsungs etc. If you want a good camera invest in a dslr. if you want to play games invest in a ps4. if you want a reliable phone invest in a blackberry
    11-14-15 08:52 PM
    I'm at 42% now after. 10 hours

I'm am testing the secure work space for bes 12 and it's taking up 12%
    Also I only have one bar in my house. But. I can actually make phone calls in the priv walking around my house. With my passport and iPhone 6 I had to stick in one small area or go outside. I will take the ability to make phone calls all day over a battery that drain a bit quicker at home.
    11-14-15 09:00 PM
    I'm truly glad you like the Priv keyboard. I found it atrocious and I was someone who was incredibly enthusiastic about the Priv, thought Android was the right move for BB and was planning on buying one. I am praying the Priv works out for Blackberry and that they introduce the Vienna with Classic like keys for people like me. VKB's are so good at this point that if you're going to have a PKB, it needs to be fantastic.

That said, I do think you're wrong about the frets. I've spent considerable time (3 separate occasions) playing around with the Priv now and the keys are remarkably flat - even flatter than my Passport. Ars Technica sees the fret-less keys the same way I do - it's more of a slight of hand visual trick than real frets like the Classic...

"The slide-out keyboard feels like the Priv's entire reason for existing, but it just isn't any good. BlackBerry's hardware keys might have had a leg up on 3.5-inch devices, but today the keys are microscopic compared to the software keyboard on any 5-inch phone. The tiny keys make it easy to press the wrong button, and typing becomes a cramped, uncomfortable experience.
    To fit the keys under the screen, BlackBerry made them almost completely flat. You won't find the nice raised ridges here like on a classic BlackBerry keyboard. Two edges of each key will be beveled to get a similar look but not the same feel."
    I was one the iPhone for 4 months and on the passport before that since launch. The priv felt small at first but now feels great. The frets are there between the keys. If you don't see that or feel it I'm not sure what to tell you other then ou are wrong. The keys are slightly shallower then my passport but are not flat.

I get that the phone doesn't work for you and that's all right but you really do need to use it for a considerable amount of time to adjust. It took me a full two weeks to get used to the passport coming from a z30 but once I got used to it it was awesome. Same goes for the priv keyboard.
    11-14-15 09:07 PM
    I am assuming you havn't used or even held a priv, if you dont prefer it why hate, I bought one and i am blown away, its by far the best blackberry/Android device i have used. I have owned several devices from different manufactures and blackberry by far blows all of them away. I dont care for the apps or camera, the phone it self has always been better the iphones or samsungs etc. If you want a good camera invest in a dslr. if you want to play games invest in a ps4. if you want a reliable phone invest in a blackberry
    Have you updated the camera app? It works great. The detail is a huge step up from my iPhone.
    11-14-15 09:11 PM
    I went to Bell few days ago and checked it out, I liked everything about it so far.

I'm going to wait until black Friday to buy, hopefully at a cheaper price.

I need to move on from my Z30

Posted via Z30
    11-14-15 09:22 PM
    ......Just an FYI, Blackberry holds over 20 thousand patents on the physical keyboard thus why nobody has come close.

Posted from my Priv!
    20,000 patents doesn't make the keyboard any larger.
    Techno-guy and Doggerz like this.
    11-15-15 07:21 AM
    I came from the passport and the keyboard is not small it's called adjusting.....I have a s6 and it's been in the box since a week after use....I have an iPhone and it's...well I watch movies on it.....

Posted via the Crackberry Blackberry Priv
    11-15-15 07:55 AM
    Why is it people such as you, are never honest. Your only reason for going to that store (if you actually did) was to find something to get on this Forum to complain about. I found the keys to be very small for my liking,but the build quality of the phone is exceptional,better built than the Galaxy.
    11-15-15 08:16 AM
    I came from the passport and the keyboard is not small it's called adjusting.....I have a s6 and it's been in the box since a week after use....I have an iPhone and it's...well I watch movies on it.....

Posted via the Crackberry Blackberry Priv
    I have large hands and I find the Priv PKB virtually unusable, same with the Torch, my thumbs end up crashing into each other all the time. It's not just a matter of adjusting, I would imagine there are quite a few who would have the same issue that I do. I've been trying to "adjust" for the past week or so on my wife's Priv and it's just not working. The Passport gives me more space being wider and taller and I can tough type on that sucker like there's no tomorrow.
    Techno-guy and Doggerz like this.
    11-15-15 08:42 AM
    The keyboard???. I haven't use it at all. The touch screen keyboard is good enough. im more pissed there's no blackberry file manager app.
    11-15-15 09:34 AM
    Strangely, I had no issues using the keyboard. It was easy for me to use and quick too. I normally use a Classic, and occasionally a Passport, so I'm used to PKBs.

The unit I tried at AT&T had no issues and I almost made an impulse buy. Almost! Too expensive for me. I liked the build quality and it looked great and worked well, but I still don't think that it's worth $700 (to me, anyway).
    11-15-15 11:06 AM
    Thread closed. The OP was found to be posting many similar threads using multiple accounts in violation of CrackBerry Rules and Guidelines. He won't be back... under any of his known aliases.
    11-15-15 02:13 PM
95 ... 234