Internet critics LMFAO! New's flash your opinions matter to yourselves. WE DON'T CA�E WHAT YOU THINK, YOU DON'T MATTER!

We got our device and we love it!

Posted via Priv
    11-14-15 11:48 AM
    I tested the priv and classic within seconds of each other and the classic is way better and bigger not even close.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    "way better and bigger not even close"

Stop being a biased pip... The Classic and Priv have the exact same size keyboard, they are both aprox 6.9cm wide, measured with a ruller, not a guess-meter... Better? maybe... "bigger not even close"?... not at all.

I'm sorry but you start to look like someone that created a fake account just to spam BS in the forum
    Quorist likes this.
    11-14-15 11:48 AM
    There's nothing wrong about criticizing Blackberry, the problem is not doing proper evaluations (like OP), and then start complaining.

It's no surprise that those Demo units get beaten pretty badly by everybody, it's usual to see faulty ones. You also don't need an IT qualification to understand that the software of the Demo Priv in question wasn't working properly and a "normal" good running device should not have the issues OP experienced.

How about having an opinion of a proper working device? sounds like a good idea to me right?
    Proper evaluations are just like those made by an average consumer going into a store to test a device and noticing build quality issues and keyboard sizing. You don't define how I or any one else evaluates a device. It sounds like you want someone to have the same opinion you do but that is not the way this world works.

Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    11-14-15 11:54 AM
    "way better and bigger not even close"

Stop being a biased pip... The Classic and Priv have the exact same size keyboard, they are both aprox 6.9cm wide, measured with a ruller, not a guess-meter... Better? maybe... "bigger not even close"?... not at all.

I'm sorry but you start to look like someone that created a fake account just to spam BS in the forum
    So you are saying that the priv and classic have the same keyboard size? If that's the case you are obviously just making stuff up. I don't know if anyone on this forum with a fair set of ethics who would make that claim.

11-14-15 11:59 AM
    Proper evaluations are just like those made by an average consumer going into a store to test a device and noticing build quality issues and keyboard sizing. You don't define how I or any one else evaluates a device. It sounds like you want someone to have the same opinion you do but that is not the way this world works.

Tell me that it feels smaller or cramped or whatever, all good with me... don't come here and say "oh the classic is much bigger than the priv, NOT EVEN CLOSE".... yeah right... There are plenty of people saying that the keyboard feels cramped, I've never oposed to those, it's what they feel, it's a subject opinion. But the efective size isn't an opinion, it's a fact and you can't change it

If the Classic's keyboard measures 6.9cm, and the priv mesures 6.9cm (wich both do), it's a fact, it's like maths, it's what it is, and you're not entitled to have an opinion on it because it can't change from person to person.

maybe the priv feels smaller than the classic because it's thinner and has the screen "blocking" in top, that's a valid reason. But it isn't smaller in efective size.
    11-14-15 12:02 PM
    Yikes another defensive blackberry fanboy that will defend blackberry until the end and tuck their heads between thier legs and oretend the world around them does not exist.

The Blackberry Priv is a very good smartphone because you can use either the virtual or physical keyboard without sacrificing functionality. The smartphone has a few rough edges which will be addressed by software updates just like BlackBerry OS 10.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 12:04 PM
    So you are saying that the priv and classic have the same keyboard size? If that's the case you are obviously just making stuff up. I don't know if anyone on this forum with a fair set of ethics who would make that claim.

Yes, they have the same size, 6.9cm wide keyboard for both priv and classic. The Passport is 8.2cm and Q10 6.4cm for context.... deal with it, my ruller didn't shrink from phone to phone, I measured all 4 phones before for another thread.
    11-14-15 12:05 PM
    Yes, they have the same size, 6.9cm wide keyboard for both priv and classic. The Passport is 8.2cm and Q10 6.4cm for context.... deal with it, my ruller didn't shrink from phone to phone, I measured all 4 phones before for another thread.
    Width wise yes but keys are bigger on the classic and have more travel. That is what makes a keyboard better then another among other things.

11-14-15 12:16 PM
    Q10, Z10, Z30, PP,Classic as I wait for this new beast I can only hope the PKB is at least 1/2 that in quality of the Classic. I love my PP, but typing is a bit "Large"
    11-14-15 12:26 PM
    Width wise yes but keys are bigger on the classic and have more travel. That is what makes a keyboard better then another among other things.

travel is irrelevant for the "size" argument.

Also the keys on the classic are only a bit taller, wich is irrelevant aswell, because the typos you do on PKB are made in the Horizontal axis, not the vertical one. That's why they have the "frets" to add separation between the 4 rows of keys, wich both priv and classic have. You never misclick keys from one row to another, you only misclick to the keys that are on the horizontal side of each other.

The keys in the passport are as tall as they are in the classic, yet, the passport is less likely you press 2 keys at same time because keys are much wider than classic. Vertical size isn't important because you have the frets. Since you don't have horizontal frets, the lateral key size is what matters for acuracy

Also in the vertical axis you only have 3 positions where your thmbs will be wich is much easier to judge the spacign when typing. in the horizontal axis, you have 10 keys wich you have to judge their relative position wich is hard than just 3
    11-14-15 12:26 PM
    travel is irrelevant for the "size" argument.

Also the keys on the classic are only a bit taller, wich is irrelevant aswell, because the typos you do on PKB are made in the Horizontal axis, not the vertical one. That's why they have the "frets" to add separation between the 4 rows of keys, wich both priv and classic have. You never misclick keys from one row to another, you only misclick to the keys that are on the horizontal side of each other.

The keys in the passport are as tall as they are in the classic, yet, the passport is less likely you press 2 keys at same time because keys are much wider than classic. Vertical size isn't important because you have the frets. Since you don't have horizontal frets, the lateral key size is what matters for acuracy

To sum it up, the difference in how tall the keys are won't affect the acuracy of typing.
    I respect that reply but don't agree with the argument "travel does not matter" hence the vibration on virtual keyboards to give tactile feedback for better feed back loop to the brain.

11-14-15 12:30 PM
    I respect that reply but don't agree with the argument "travel does not matter" hence the vibration on virtual keyboards to give tactile feedback for better feed back loop to the brain.

you have to agree because travel does NOT matter to the SIZE argument, I repeat, the SIZE argument. the keyboard won't change it's size regardless of the distance of travel.

Yes, tactile feedback and key travel are relevant for typing, very relevant... but are independent of the key size wich was what we were talking about.

The fact is that the keyboard is as wide, wich doesn't mean it's as good or worse, that's a different subject. The thickness of the device does change the feel of typing
    11-14-15 12:34 PM
    I felt the same way about the keyboard but after a day or so it's great to type on. It looks small and cramp but it's not.

Totally true! I have changed many BlackBerry and always there is a learning curve for the keyboard, you can't judge after playing few minutes with it!
    Even with the passport in which the keys are everything except cramped I spent a good week to get use writing correctly with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-14-15 12:36 PM
    First full day over. Keyboard does take getting used to with my big hands. But it's All starting to come together. Camera just needs couple software tweaks. But it will come. Rome wasn't built in a day

11-14-15 12:36 PM
    The zero key takes a little to get use to much different than my classic.
    11-14-15 12:41 PM
    Incorrect. Key size is three dimensional not just width but height and travel. We do not live in 2d we experiance things in multi dimensions of feel. So yes size of a keyboard included the height also and is what a good designer incorporates when planning a new product of any kind.

11-14-15 12:43 PM
    Just wanted to check back in after picking up my second Priv today. Pleased to say the build quality with this one is A LOT better. Back panel no longer creaks and pops away from the chassis, and all keys are fine. Handset is still getting incredibly warm while setting up, but I'm super pleased with the phone itself now. If BlackBerry can fix the other problems I noted with software updates, then I'm sure this will be a terrific smartphone.
    11-14-15 01:03 PM
    With all due respect, you are taking the width of the keyboards and acting like that makes them the same 'size'. Width of the keyboard is not reflective of the size of the keys. The KEYS on the Priv are considerably smaller than the Classic (which I own). They are short and squished and cramped and uncomfortable. It's not even slightly close. And, there are zero frets on the Priv keys compounding their cramped feeling.

Any consumer walking in to an AT&T store can figure this out in a second. You may be able to get 'used' to the Priv keyboard (I can't) but it's one of the worst PKB's Blackberry has ever put together and I think it's an enormous miss for Blackberry's comeback phone.

As Ars Technica noted yesterday in their full review "This device isn't worth $700. The tiny keyboard is cramped, flat, and unpleasant to type on. A phone with an awful hardware keyboard? Nope, not buying that at any price."

I tried the Priv today vs Samsung S6+ edge-classic-v-priv-keyboards.jpg
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    11-14-15 01:15 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I fear those who think the Priv has the same size keys as the classic will just ignore the truth. It's like they live in a bubble of denial.

Techno-guy and Doggerz like this.
    11-14-15 01:27 PM
    I went to the AT&T in Portland OR today in an attempt to test out the Priv. To my surprise they had 3 in stock but of course I wanted to test it out before I dropped 760 bucks. First impressions were good from just the physical appearance but it was turned off so I powered it on and waited for the boot up which seemed pretty quick. I was eager to test the physical keyboard as this was my main reason for wanting the priv. After first sliding out the keyboard I noticed the keys felt a bit cramped but also knew it would take time to get used to the keyboard. Not sure if other people had this issue but the screen was flickering. Maybe it was a bad model but something was off. I attempted to use the keyboard despite the flickering and guage the accuracy of the keyboard vs my s6 edge plus. I unfortunately was not impressed and although I am sure it was a bad model the physical keyboard felt way to cramped to be considered a replacement for my current phone. I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry. Also believe there is a lack of good quality control from blackberry since this was a barely used demo unit. Maybe another company will reinvent the physical kwyboard.

Erica Griffin made a great point in her review, saying On-screen KBs in Android and iOS have become so good they tend to be faster and easier to use for most of us vs. A physical KB.

The Priv needed to standout though, and what better way than to mix the most popular OS with the most beloved BB feature, Physical KB.

You know what would be great? Horizontal PKB phones like the HTC TyTN, Xperia X1, Motorola Droid/Milestone etc... But with 5.7inch to 6.0inch displays. I think a Horizontal PKB on my Note 4 would be awesome.

I hope BB have a beastly Horizontal PKB phone in the works with top specs
    11-14-15 01:49 PM
    With all due respect, you are taking the width of the keyboards and acting like that makes them the same 'size'. Width of the keyboard is not reflective of the size of the keys. The KEYS on the Priv are considerably smaller than the Classic (which I own). They are short and squished and cramped and uncomfortable. It's not even slightly close. And, there are zero frets on the Priv keys compounding their cramped feeling.

Any consumer walking in to an AT&T store can figure this out in a second. You may be able to get 'used' to the Priv keyboard (I can't) but it's one of the worst PKB's Blackberry has ever put together and I think it's an enormous miss for Blackberry's comeback phone.

As Ars Technica noted yesterday in their full review "This device isn't worth $700. The tiny keyboard is cramped, flat, and unpleasant to type on. A phone with an awful hardware keyboard? Nope, not buying that at any price."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classic v Priv keyboards.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	380604
    The frets are there, they simply aren't painted, but the separation is there wich is what matters for your muscle memory. In the classic the frets are raised like in the old 9900, but in the Q10 or passport they aren't raised, it's just painted plastic between the rows wich doesn't affect the experience.
    If you ignore the fact that the classic is more confortable than the priv to type, you will be able to tell that in terms of acuracy they are pretty much even.

also important to read what I wrote before:

Also in the vertical axis you only have 3 positions where your thmbs will be wich is much easier to judge the spacign when typing. in the horizontal axis, you have 10 keys wich you have to judge their relative position wich is hard than just 3
    I've never said the priv was as good as the or even as confortable classic to type, but they are as wide, that's a fact, and the spacing between the keys is more or less the same. We also have to take in count that the protrusion shape of the keys are different wich might also impact in the way it feels
    11-14-15 02:08 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I fear those who think the Priv has the same size keys as the classic will just ignore the truth. It's like they live in a bubble of denial.

Still better than creating accounts to spam negative propaganda "foreign" forums. You don't even own a blackberry so what do you know?
    11-14-15 02:11 PM
    So you should only post here if you own a blackberry? Then this should be a private forum. Who is trolling who?

11-14-15 03:33 PM
    Still better than creating accounts to spam negative propaganda "foreign" forums. You don't even own a blackberry so what do you know?
    Isn't there a bridge you should be living under or something.

11-14-15 03:41 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classic v Priv keyboards.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	380604
    You are mistaken. The priv has frets but they are black in colour. The keys are the same width as q10 but not as tall. Coming from a passport I don't find they are cramped at all. I ype faster on the priv then the passport I wil. The onscreen keyboard is great and makes me fondly remember my z30 I had.
    11-14-15 03:55 PM
95 1234