I played with the demo unit at the store and was concerned that the slider didn't have the solid click that I was used to with other Blackberry sliders, but went ahead and purchased. My purchased phone does have the click and seems more 'solid' than the demo unit. The physical key board is much bigger than the Torch (not sure about Passport), but any new keyboard takes time to get accustom to. Much better than giving up screen space.
    11-13-15 10:57 PM
    Yikes another defensive blackberry fanboy that will defend blackberry until the end and tuck their heads between thier legs and oretend the world around them does not exist.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Why on Crackberry site ? To troll?. I'm promoter of Priv not BB10 nor crappy iPhone ios9

Posted from my Priv!
    La Emperor and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-13-15 11:08 PM
    Who cares what the "experts" think. When I buy a phone, I'm one spending the money and using phone. The if the OP didn't like it, then it's not for him. I'm happy w my Passport. If I wanted an android phone I'd probably get a Nexus or Galaxy Note.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you. But that would be odd going off a PKB to an Android device with no PKB. When you could have best of both.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-13-15 11:12 PM
    I always liked a physical kb and BB makes the best no doubt. My trouble is to much time away from a PKB. I'm way to comfy on the virtual kb and don't really want to go back to a pkb I'm a perfect candidate for a BB/Android slab device sans PKB. Love the idea of the merger of the OS's, and liked the Priv when I tried it , just not going to pay extra for a PKB I don't really need or want. I hope they come out with an awesome flagship slab with no PKB maybe in a few months.
    luancuvi likes this.
    11-13-15 11:31 PM
    I came from the passport and had similar feeling when I first started using the keyboard on the priv but after a few days I'm totally used to it and like it better then the passport as its easier to type on.

Initially I as feeling blah but the phone is pretty cool and after all the updates the phone is simply awesome. The onscreen keyboard is great by itself.

How did you like the PKB + VKB combo?
    Do you like the 16:9 or the Passport 1:1 screen ratio?
    11-14-15 12:08 AM
    fascinating reading all of your experience of Priv. I am also anxiously waiting. My only concern whether it has same email application as of BB10. It will be more than sufficient for me to go ahead for it.
    11-14-15 01:20 AM
    I went to the AT&T in Portland OR today in an attempt to test out the Priv. To my surprise they had 3 in stock but of course I wanted to test it out before I dropped 760 bucks. First impressions were good from just the physical appearance but it was turned off so I powered it on and waited for the boot up which seemed pretty quick. I was eager to test the physical keyboard as this was my main reason for wanting the priv. After first sliding out the keyboard I noticed the keys felt a bit cramped but also knew it would take time to get used to the keyboard. Not sure if other people had this issue but the screen was flickering. Maybe it was a bad model but something was off. I attempted to use the keyboard despite the flickering and guage the accuracy of the keyboard vs my s6 edge plus. I unfortunately was not impressed and although I am sure it was a bad model the physical keyboard felt way to cramped to be considered a replacement for my current phone. I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry. Also believe there is a lack of good quality control from blackberry since this was a barely used demo unit. Maybe another company will reinvent the physical kwyboard.

The model I tested seemed solid and nice. The screen was nice. The phone felt and looked great.

But that keyboard is cramped and I really wanted to be able to type by touch only like the days of the Bold 9900 or Torch 9810. Some people thought that the Torch was small but it's roomy compared to the Priv.

Also, there's no way to turn off the automatic crap on the physical keyboard so it ends up not mattering if you can type accurately because it acts just like a virtual keyboard.

They need to remake the Priv with as decent name and a 9900 keyboard with no gimmicks on it. Leave all that for the virtual keyboard. Or at least leave an option to turn it off on the physical keyboard.

Love the look of the phone. One it drops down to a price that is compatible with an an android that has similar specs minus the keyboard I'd consider it. Say something along the lines of a Moto-X Pure Edition or an LG V10.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-14-15 01:30 AM
    I played with the demo unit at the store and was concerned that the slider didn't have the solid click that I was used to with other Blackberry sliders, but went ahead and purchased. My purchased phone does have the click and seems more 'solid' than the demo unit. The physical key board is much bigger than the Torch (not sure about Passport), but any new keyboard takes time to get accustom to. Much better than giving up screen space.
    Man. I'm not sure how you think the Priv is bigger than the Torch. I have a Torch right next to me and can type very accurately blindfolded. There are spaces between the keys. Maybe the curved shape of the keyboard has something to do with why I find it easier to type on.

I was hoping for a 9810 keyboard minimum on the Priv so I could use that as my main keyboard. Woulda been even more delighted with a Bold 9900 keyboard.

But I'm glad for you that you find you're able to type on it. I sure wish I could. The slider was something I had been dreaming about.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-14-15 01:35 AM
    Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else didn't as well thus saying it's the last BlackBerry phone. Moving on, why didn't you tell any employee that it seems like a defected demo unit? The keyboard could have been also defected for all you know.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 01:35 AM
    Yikes another defensive blackberry fanboy that will defend blackberry until the end and tuck their heads between thier legs and oretend the world around them does not exist.

Any 'fanboy' will defend what they're a fan of, because they're a fan... What an immature and stupid response. Arguably the most ******** post I've read on any forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 01:39 AM
    Why on Crackberry site ? To troll?. I'm promoter of Priv not BB10 nor crappy iPhone ios9

Posted from my Priv!
    And thus fitting the description of the delusional BlackBerry fanboy....
    It's your attitude that has been so prevalent on Crackberry and that's come up on other websites against people who have expressed their frustrations at BB's shoddy, pedestrian execution of the OS, that has contributed to the sudden explosion of vocalized anger towards BlackBerry. People are frustrated not just with BlackBerry but with having to put up with delusional fanboys slamming them for complaints about their phones.
    Do you actually think that BlackBerry has fallen from having 71% of the market share of cell phone sales, to less than 1% because our phones are superior?
    The OS' potential might be superior, but BlackBerry's execution of it, is anything but.
    In another thread, someone mentioned that no one has ever lined up to buy a BlackBerry.
    But according to you and others like you, all of those millions of people lining up for hours, if not days to purchase iPhones, are buying a crappy product even though it actually works 100% and lives up to it's billing.
    And when it hasn't they quickly supplied an update with the fixes.. Something that BlackBerry was famous for not doing, long before BBOS10 (where they have maintained the status quo).
    And you're saying this, while us BlackBerry users can recite a litany of problems with our phones, some that have been there since the launch of the OS two years. We stayed because we believed that they would get fixed.
    I don't see iOS users writing about that problem..
    I'm sorry, I just realized that I don't go onto the iPhone forums, because the phone is reliable as a backup.
    Ohh man, I could just go on an on with the longest list of problems with OS 10 but there are already plenty of threads here on those issues. None of them apparently occur with iOS.
    But you you would launch into a typical BlackBerry delusional rant against all of that anyways.
    Anyway , you're not BlackBerry anymore, you're Android.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-14-15 at 04:01 PM.
    11-14-15 02:00 AM
    The same could be said about you in the opposite way.

It's your attitude that has been so prevalent on Crackberry and that's come up on other websites against people who have expressed their frustrations at BB's shoddy, pedestrian execution of the OS, that has contributed to the sudden explosion of vocalized anger towards BlackBerry. People are frustrated not just with BlackBerry but with having to put up with delusional fanboys.
    You actually think that BlackBerry has fallen from having 71% of the market share of cell phone sales, to less than 1% because our phones are superior?
    The OS' potential might be superior, but BlackBerry's execution of it, is anything but.
    In another thread, someone mentioned that no one has ever lined up to buy a BlackBerry.
    But according to you and others like you, all of those millions of people lining up for hours, if not days to purchase iPhones, are buying a crappy product even though it actually works 100% and lives up to it's billing.
    And when it hasn't they quickly supplied an update with the fixes.. Something that BlackBerry was famous for not doing, long before BBOS10 (where they have maintained the status quo).
    And you're saying this, while us BlackBerry users can recite a litany of problems with our phones, some that have been there since the launch of the OS two years. We stayed because we believed that they would get fixed.
    Oh.... wait!....
    I'm sorry, I just realized that I don't go onto the iPhone forums, because the iPhone that I had to buy as a backup because of the unreliability of OS10 that my Q10 runs on, doesn't ever have any problems.
    For instance, that ole crappy iPhone of mine has never duplicated any or all of my Calendar and Contact entries. Unlike my Q10.
    It holds onto calendar dates indefinitely instead of one month and doesn't wipe my computer stored calendar dates that are older than 30 days.
    Unlike my Q10.
    Ohh man, I could just go on an on with the longest list of problems with OS 10, none of which has occurred with iOs, but you you would launch into a typical BlackBerry delusional rant against all of that anyways.
    Besides, you're not BlackBerry anymore, you're Android.
    So quit saying your BlackBerry and Get Used To IT.
    11-14-15 02:42 AM
    I went to the AT&T in Portland OR today in an attempt to test out the Priv. To my surprise they had 3 in stock but of course I wanted to test it out before I dropped 760 bucks. First impressions were good from just the physical appearance but it was turned off so I powered it on and waited for the boot up which seemed pretty quick. I was eager to test the physical keyboard as this was my main reason for wanting the priv. After first sliding out the keyboard I noticed the keys felt a bit cramped but also knew it would take time to get used to the keyboard. Not sure if other people had this issue but the screen was flickering. Maybe it was a bad model but something was off. I attempted to use the keyboard despite the flickering and guage the accuracy of the keyboard vs my s6 edge plus. I unfortunately was not impressed and although I am sure it was a bad model the physical keyboard felt way to cramped to be considered a replacement for my current phone. I am afraid this is going to be the last phone we see from blackberry. Also believe there is a lack of good quality control from blackberry since this was a barely used demo unit. Maybe another company will reinvent the physical kwyboard.

I'd like to add that there is a software update for the keyboard too. I bet you the store didn't update it.

If you don't like the BB keyboard you can always download your own KB to use on the Priv. Nothing will stop you.

I use the KB for work emails and trust me - it is way better than touchscreen. I use touchscreen for chat.

Also.... I hate Touchwiz on Samsung. Go enjoy Touchwiz.
    11-14-15 04:17 AM
    It's your attitude that has been so prevalent on Crackberry and that's come up on other websites against people who have expressed their frustrations at BB's shoddy, pedestrian execution of the OS, that has contributed to the sudden explosion of vocalized anger towards BlackBerry. People are frustrated not just with BlackBerry but with having to put up with delusional fanboys.
    You actually think that BlackBerry has fallen from having 71% of the market share of cell phone sales, to less than 1% because our phones are superior?
    Oh.... wait!....
    I'm sorry, I just realized that I don't go onto the iPhone forums, because the iPhone that I had to buy as a backup because of the unreliability of OS10 that my Q10 runs on, doesn't ever have any problems.
    For instance, that ole crappy iPhone of mine has never duplicated any or all of my Calendar and Contact entries. Unlike my Q10.
    It holds onto calendar dates indefinitely instead of one month and doesn't wipe my computer stored calendar dates that are older than 30 days.
    Unlike my Q10.
    Ohh man, I could just go on an on with the longest list of problems with OS 10, none of which has occurred with iOs, but you you would launch into a typical BlackBerry delusional rant against all of that anyways.
    If you like the iPhone so much, sell your Blackberry, be happy and move on. Do you have nothing better to do than posting in Blackberry forums how great the iPhone is? Has Apple already come to this stage that its mighty overpriced cult products nedd that kind of BS?

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-14-15 04:33 AM
    I actually just downloaded the minimal keyboard from the play store for my s6 and its really awesome at auto correction. Way better than stock and I can't believe it but way faster than any physical I have used.

11-14-15 04:51 AM
    Seems to me that a lot of potential buyers are rejecting the Priv because of the demo units also because store employees are uninterested in setting up the phone right or trying to sell it. While some buyers have more luck than others in regards to the demo units, it seems to me that the % of potential buyers that have second toughs is mainly because of the units they played with and lack of professionalism from the sore employees.
    I'm still waiting in my country for the Priv to show up, until then just remember that you have nothing to loose if you order it and in the case you don't like it return it.
    11-14-15 04:56 AM
    I wanted to share my experience with the Priv so far. I decided to do it in here because I also own an S6 edge+, however, I have also owned every high-end BlackBerry 10 device, except for the Passport. I still have a Z10 kicking around somewhere.

I picked up my Priv yesterday, and I was super excited to get it. I've long been a fan of BlackBerry devices, and I've used BB10 a lot since it launched with the Z10, but I was always a little disappointed with the lack of native apps and eventually ended up picking up another iPhone or Android. I knew I wouldn't have this issue with Priv.

But I do have other issues, and most of them are with the build of this phone. Like a lot of other Priv owners, I've found my back feels "mushy" -- there's a gap between the back and the internals, and you can definitely feel that when you press it. It doesn't feel as solid as the Q10 or even the Z10. But I can live with that.

What I can't live with is when I press on that back panel, it begins to pop away from the chassis of the phone down the left side. It opens up a rather large gap that you could easily stick a credit card into, and you don't even need to apply a lot of pressure. And yes, I've tried the "fix," but even after the back panel pops back into place, it just pops out again.

I also have a dodgy "sym" key. It works when you press it firmly, but it feels like it's jammed; it doesn't click like any of the other keys.

My Priv also gets unusually hot when I do simple things. I haven't tried any games on it because I don't play many games on my phone -- all I've done is set it up and use it as a phone. But I've noticed when I'm updating apps or watching YouTube videos, the device gets warmer than any other phone I own.

I also have battery life issues; I charged the device up to 100% when I got it at about 1 p.m. yesterday, and it was at 3% before I went to bed at 12 a.m. I took it off the charger at 8:30 a.m. this morning, and I was down to 82% by 8:52. Having said this, I've owned enough smartphones to know that battery life gets better after a few days, so I'm not too concerned about this. Many reviews also say battery life is good, so I'm confident it will improve.

I'm going to have to return my Priv because of the build issues, and I will replace it for another one -- so please don't jump down my throat for pointing out these issues and claim I've "biased" or not a BlackBerry fan. I really want to like this phone. But if the next one isn't any better, I'm afraid I'll have to wait for Vienna, or whatever BlackBerry's next device will be.

I've always been impressed with BlackBerry's build quality. The Q10 and the Classic are some of the nicest, most robust smartphones I've ever owned. But the Priv has been a huge disappointment so far, and it's kind of leaving a soar taste in my mouth. I just hope I've been unlucky, and that the next unit I get can change that.
    11-14-15 05:03 AM
    I wanted to share my experience with the Priv so far. I decided to do it in here because I also own an S6 edge+, however, I have also owned every high-end BlackBerry 10 device, except for the Passport. I still have a Z10 kicking around somewhere.

I picked up my Priv yesterday, and I was super excited to get it. I've long been a fan of BlackBerry devices, and I've used BB10 a lot since it launched with the Z10, but I was always a little disappointed with the lack of native apps and eventually ended up picking up another iPhone or Android. I knew I wouldn't have this issue with Priv.

But I do have other issues, and most of them are with the build of this phone. Like a lot of other Priv owners, I've found my back feels "mushy" -- there's a gap between the back and the internals, and you can definitely feel that when you press it. It doesn't feel as solid as the Q10 or even the Z10. But I can live with that.

What I can't live with is when I press on that back panel, it begins to pop away from the chassis of the phone down the left side. It opens up a rather large gap that you could easily stick a credit card into, and you don't even need to apply a lot of pressure. And yes, I've tried the "fix," but even after the back panel pops back into place, it just pops out again.

I also have a dodgy "sym" key. It works when you press it firmly, but it feels like it's jammed; it doesn't click like any of the other keys.

My Priv also gets unusually hot when I do simple things. I haven't tried any games on it because I don't play many games on my phone -- all I've done is set it up and use it as a phone. But I've noticed when I'm updating apps or watching YouTube videos, the device gets warmer than any other phone I own.

I also have battery life issues; I charged the device up to 100% when I got it at about 1 p.m. yesterday, and it was at 3% before I went to bed at 12 a.m. I took it off the charger at 8:30 a.m. this morning, and I was down to 82% by 8:52. Having said this, I've owned enough smartphones to know that battery life gets better after a few days, so I'm not too concerned about this. Many reviews also say battery life is good, so I'm confident it will improve.

I'm going to have to return my Priv because of the build issues, and I will replace it for another one -- so please don't jump down my throat for pointing out these issues and claim I've "biased" or not a BlackBerry fan. I really want to like this phone. But if the next one isn't any better, I'm afraid I'll have to wait for Vienna, or whatever BlackBerry's next device will be.

I've always been impressed with BlackBerry's build quality. The Q10 and the Classic are some of the nicest, most robust smartphones I've ever owned. But the Priv has been a huge disappointment so far, and it's kind of leaving a soar taste in my mouth. I just hope I've been unlucky, and that the next unit I get can change that.
    Excellent observations and I also noticed the mushy back. Let's hope the replacement you get is much better.

11-14-15 06:27 AM
    fascinating reading all of your experience of Priv. I am also anxiously waiting. My only concern whether it has same email application as of BB10. It will be more than sufficient for me to go ahead for it.
    It's close, but not the same. It does handle my Exchange server nicely though.
    11-14-15 06:34 AM
    I am open to trying it again believe me I want a physical keyboard.

Man do you know how it felt the first time I tried a passport?! Lol
    11-14-15 09:20 AM
    My dad and my best friends wife both use and S6 edge. Its a sweet device I considered getting one before the priv came out. Glad I didn't!
    On different evenings I've traded devices with both of them and just played around. We all came to the same conclusion. They're pretty comparable. Just depends which spin on android you prefer (or are used to)
    The friends wife is still happy with her 6. I'm totally content with my Priv. Dad is considering making a switch and relearning the physical keyboard.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-14-15 09:46 AM
    Had my Priv for a week. Like it coming from a Z30. Never used a physical keyboard, but will use it like a trackpad which will keep screen cleaner. Had my doubts at first but not now, it's a keeper.

11-14-15 10:52 AM
    The keyboard is tiny.

Also, what's probably killing all these demo units is that they need the BlackBerry apps updated badly, and that can only be done via the play stored, which requires a Google account.

When I went, I was tempted to just make a dummy account and update the apps, but... really... it's not my task.

Posted via CB10
    keyboard isn't tiny, it's the second largest pkb vlackberry ever made on pair with the Classic. Only the passport is larger
    11-14-15 11:35 AM
    keyboard isn't tiny, it's the second largest pkb vlackberry ever made on pair with the Classic. Only the passport is larger
    I tested the priv and classic within seconds of each other and the classic is way better and bigger not even close.

11-14-15 11:44 AM
    Oh.... wait!....
    Unlike my Q10.
    There's nothing wrong about criticizing Blackberry, the problem is not doing proper evaluations (like OP), and then start complaining.

It's no surprise that those Demo units get beaten pretty badly by everybody, it's usual to see faulty ones. You also don't need an IT qualification to understand that the software of the Demo Priv in question wasn't working properly and a "normal" good running device should not have the issues OP experienced.

How about having an opinion of a proper working device? sounds like a good idea to me right?
    Velocitymj likes this.
    11-14-15 11:44 AM
95 1234