Not everyone should have rights to post this kinda thread. Are you crazy people have long waited for this device!

With diplomatic Passport
    I agree, go away.

I hope it is released soon, I would buy it no matter what it took. Loved my 9800 and 9810. The weight is not something I care about.
    03-04-15 08:08 AM
    If Blackberry decides to prominently display this in some sort of action flic, say 007 for instance, they'll sell the tar out of them. I'd have to say I'll need to see it first , but it would be something I would consider buying.
    03-04-15 08:47 AM
    i have been waiting for this for a long time. slider is an ideal form factor for me, because i am a heavy media consumer plus i value productivity. classic is not for me, because the screen is too small. the only issue i have with this slider is that it looks rather tall..
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-04-15 08:49 AM
    From the video, seems like a 5" all touch after the keyboard is slid back? Well, it's only tall if you use the physical keyboard. After that it's back to a acceptable height? This is purely speculations.

Posted via CB10
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-04-15 10:02 AM
    If the slider mechanism loosens up like what plagued the Palm Pre then your phone will feel like it's falling apart - the Oreo effect. On PreCentral, users would go to Sprint to replace their Pre and go through box after box of new phones to find one that wasn't loose.
    I tell you one thing about my 9810 (which I still use to this day) is that my slider is still as "tight" as the day I got it. It is an amazing piece of engineering.

The only thing I don't like about the 9810 (and it has been like this since the first day I bought it) is that sometimes the sensor for turning the screen orientation gets stuck when pressure is applied on the surface of the screen (from leaning on the phone if it's in a holster on your belt - say when driving a car). It then requires a forceful smack to close the sliding mechanism to allow screen flipping again. Otherwise it stays stuck in landscape mode no matter what.

The 9810 was a tank and almost indestructible. Best 7.1 OS BlackBerry ever! Removable battery, both virtual and hardware keyboard, great battery life. What a beast. I even have pretty big hands and I can type very quickly on that mini-keyboard. It took some time to get used to it though that's for sure.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    03-04-15 10:14 AM
    9810 is definitely a Tank. It is still my backup.
    I'm looking forward to seeing this new one.

Probably will get one as I miss a physical keyboard. (I am getting faster and faster with the virtual one, but old habits I guess).

I'll have to wait to see case options. I usually use an OB Defender. I had a commuter on the 9810.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    nah.uhh and aha like this.
    03-04-15 11:32 AM
    Why do you guys llike the 9810? It was so laggy :/
    03-06-15 09:13 AM
    I believe it was a Forbes article that reported that a niche device like this would actually be beneficial to BlackBerry. If they understand that they aren't going to compete with Apple and Android, they can plan accordingly. For instance, one of the biggest selling cars in America is the Toyota Camry, right? Well, you gotta assume they manufacture millions a year for global fulfillment. However, Lamborghini is only going to sell a few hundred thousand, and is going to produce and price accordingly. I think this is why the Porsche devices have been continuously renewed. They may very well be making a decent profit on it. Furthermore, Chen outsourced the production so it would be cheaper. This means they can price the Passport and Classic at lower points than some devices with similar specs. I assume the Slider will be priced somewhere between 650 and 750 USD. This is cheaper than G4 and GS6 will be. However, it will likely have comparable specs and be made according demand rather than expectation.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:33 AM
    Finally!

I'd get this. I was a user of the Pre Plus and Pre 3. Now I use the Z10. The virtual keyboard is better than Android ones but still can't beat a physical keyboard. I was thinking of upgrading from the Z10 to the Passport but after it slipped off my hands a few times at the telecom shop, and there was no way to type with one hands, I put it down and put that idea to rest. Was gonna wait for the Z50 but this is even better!

This phone needs a smooth slider and to allow the typing with one hand though. Better not make it too big.
    03-06-15 11:18 AM
    I would buy one for sure. I love the z30 for its screen when in consumption mode but as good as the BlackBerry on screen keyboard is, and it's the best I have used, it's still not as good as a proper BlackBerry keyboard. Give me a slider with a keyboard that has a proper BlackBerry feel, touch enabled for scrolling and what not would be even better, and I'll buy it now!

And please BlackBerry include the z30 usb abilities.

Posted on my z30, updated to 10.3 suffering the black screen/phone on bug that I have fixed!
    03-06-15 10:45 PM
    A slider with crazy specs? I'm in!

I used my Torch 9800 for almost three years and only upgraded to a Z10 because of battery life issues. That thing refuses to die. You can't break it. Was it laggy? Just a bit, which was my other issue with BBOS. But the device itself was built like a M1A2. In the Middle East it worked fine, as it did in Europe and the Caribbean. The camera was good enough that at least 1100 of the 2400 pictures I took while in Europe were from the Torch and the rest from my dSLR. And I display them as a screen saver on my 46" TV and the pics look great. It was my favorite device from the BBOS family, although the design of the Bold 9900 (what a beauty!) was my favorite.

If the build quality is at least as good as the Torch family and it doesn't have any issues with orientation (switching between portrait and landscape) like some Torch phones had, I'm all in.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    03-07-15 06:07 AM
    Loved my Torch. It wasn't too thick, in fact it was way easier to hold and type in than these extremely thin phones. And besides I have a feeling the new slider will be thinner than the Torch.

Not one problem with the slider on either mine or my wife 's Torch. Used them naked,b dropped them etc. And both still work today.

I had no idea if I'd never buy another BlackBerry but now I'm excited for the first time in a long time about BlackBerry.

They don't fall apart. They are not excessively thick. And best of all with the new slider you can keep it closed and use the virtual keyboard if you want. The old Torch virtual keyboard sucked.

But I love the fast typing and not having to look or worry about autocorrext on the pkb. I'm going to be so happy to go back to. Pkb. Only reason why I didn't use a Q or Classic is the small screen.

Now I have the screen of a Z and the comfort of a real keyboard. Wow its the best of both worlds.

I just require it comes in blue with a blue leather back. And some nice metal trim.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    03-07-15 06:21 AM
    I like the slim, long display ratio that slider has, but it seems rather thick and huge in the pictures. I use classic and the reason I chose this over passport despite better specs were design, and mainly size and weight, so I think i'll have to see abt this one.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:21 AM
    Noooooo... Just do Key boards for those die hards who like pocket lint collecting in them and touch for others. No more pocket lint damaged keys 4 me :-)

~Better with Blackberry~
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-07-15 03:26 PM
    Noooooo... Just do Key boards for those die hards who like pocket lint collecting in them and touch for others. No more pocket lint damaged keys 4 me :-)

~Better with Blackberry~
    That's too funny. Maybe you need to clean your dryer lint catcher more often?

Really, is that an issue to some users? I've had keyboard BlackBerry phones for so long I still think about having a click wheel and I've never had reason complain of lint damage. That's a new one to me. Haha

Posted on my z30, updated to 10.3 suffering the black screen/phone on bug that I have fixed!
    03-07-15 03:44 PM
    That's too funny. Maybe you need to clean your dryer lint catcher more often?

Really, is that an issue to some users? I've had keyboard BlackBerry phones for so long I still think about having a click wheel and I've never had reason complain of lint damage. That's a new one to me. Haha

Purely joking...I've used both. I started with an 8310. I made the transition to touch. I've never really measured it but it does seem a tad faster texting on glass. The passport looks nice, I'm just waiting for the price to come down a bit. I waited a year for my z10, price dropped and I snatched it up. Now if a z50 comes...I might pass on a passport. We'll see.

~Better with Blackberry~
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    03-07-15 03:58 PM
    I've never bought a high end flagship phone before, but I will buy this one as i've been itching for another slider since the torch 9800.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 04:40 PM
    Slider ! Slider ! Slider !

If I could run bb10 on my Torch 9800 I would have never changed it !!!!

If it has a toolbelt too, that's bonus.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 05:13 PM
    Sliders are awesome. I loved my Torch.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-08-15 04:51 AM
    Slider ! Slider ! Slider !

If I could run bb10 on my Torch 9800 I would have never changed it !!!!

If it has a toolbelt too, that's bonus.

Posted via CB10
    Tool Belt was fine for the Torch. But they better not even consider a Tool Belt on this new Slider. It will be viewed as OLD LOOKING. If they did include a Tool Belt, I won't buy it. And many share my sentiments on the matter.

The slider looks pretty good. But is anyone of you guys gonna buy it? Does it have a bright future ahead? I thought sliders were done.

Posted via CB10
    Just to let you know, this particular Slider may very well end up being the best selling BB10 smart phone in existence. Providing the spec's are right and the price is fair. If they overly price the Slider, sales may be slower until its priced fairly.

I like the slim, long display ratio that slider has, but it seems rather thick and huge in the pictures. I use classic and the reason I chose this over passport despite better specs were design, and mainly size and weight, so I think i'll have to see abt this one.

Posted via CB10
    I am hoping for 2 versions of the slider. A 4.4" screen size and a 5.2" screen size. Both would serve as Z10 and Z30 replacements along with the many that will abandon other platforms in favour for this Slider.

And they have to have these devices available ASAP. Not this 5 to 8 months nonsense, I am talking about between April to June/July. ASAP. They need to catch the wave with these spec's before its too late.
    03-08-15 05:59 AM
    Tool Belt was fine for the Torch. But they better not even consider a Tool Belt on this new Slider. It will be viewed as OLD LOOKING. If they did include a Tool Belt, I won't buy it. And many share my sentiments on the matter.

Just to let you know, this particular Slider may very well end up being the best selling BB10 smart phone in existence. Providing the spec's are right and the price is fair. If they overly price the Slider, sales may be slower until its priced fairly.

I am hoping for 2 versions of the slider. A 4.4" screen size and a 5.2" screen size. Both would serve as Z10 and Z30 replacements along with the many that will abandon other platforms in favour for this Slider.

And they have to have these devices available ASAP. Not this 5 to 8 months nonsense, I am talking about between April to June/July. ASAP. They need to catch the wave with these spec's before its too late.
    Some people bought z10s and z30s because they just don't like keyboards... I don't think those people will be won over by a slider....even if it has both. The Passport is a different animal because there is nothing like it. A slider won't be viewed as a device that is unique...and for those of us old enough to remember key boards, my thoughts are it will be viewed as old school.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-08-15 06:19 AM
    Its quite agreeable BB cannot compete with apple so they have to do what they did best in the past as in keyboard phones and I had a 9810 liked it but it was quite buggy this new one if it has high end specs should run a lot better and hopefully sell well They( BB ) are running out of options .
    03-08-15 07:50 AM
    Its quite agreeable BB cannot compete with apple so they have to do what they did best in the past as in keyboard phones and I had a 9810 liked it but it was quite buggy this new one if it has high end specs should run a lot better and hopefully sell well They( BB ) are running out of options .
    In my mind Z10,Z30 and Passport smoke anything Apple has. QNX is better and capable of doing more as it uses less hardware resources when doing tasks. Apple cant touch what the HUB does. Seems to me this last year or so Blackberry just doesn't have the Marketing. Believe me...if they had Marketing, developers would come and so would more consumers. BlackBerry is on the rise, I would hate to see them screw it up by just limiting their phones to keyboard only.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-08-15 08:31 AM
    Looks like there are gonna be a lot of buyers
    I may change my mind as well. Leap or the Slider. But next year

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:08 PM
    I thought that the Passport was going to be the last BlackBerry I owned for a long time. Not at all in a bad way. I just thought this phone would last me for years. But that was because I had already given up hope that BlackBerry would ever release another phone with this form.

The 9800 is my all time favorite device to date. Not only is the form factor ridiculously cool, it's also very functional for me, as well. I work outside, and my hands get dirty sometimes. The slider form protects my keyboard from dirt and dust.

I'm very excited and BlackBerry is releasing the one and only phone that could put my Passport in the drawer.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-08-15 02:30 PM
89 1234