I loved my torch put it threw hell and back two years as my every day phone. Only stopped using it to upgrade to bb10. Still works... well sort of I guess the sim card slot got messed up trying to use a micro sim in it but it'll still connect to wifi and run that way what a beast

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:36 PM
    I sitting on the toilet having a slider, thinking about a slider

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:58 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Looks to be a fabulously innovative top end phone... want one!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:35 PM
    Makes me glad that I continued to hold out for this one and not jump on the Z30. No disrespect to all of the Z30 users out there. I actually did try one at my local Verizon store when it first came out and thought it was cool but always liked slider phones.

I am sure BlackBerry is taking everything into consideration with this phone and there is no doubt in my mind that I will be "wowed" by it on its release

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:38 PM
    Instead of a slider, I'd rather see a Classic-esque type phone with a bezel-to-bezel 16:9 screen on the back of the device. Seems like the cost, size, and complexity of adding a second screen might be less than adding the mechanical mechanism for the slider.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:58 PM
    Instead of a slider, I'd rather see a Classic-esque type phone with a bezel-to-bezel 16:9 screen on the back of the device. Seems like the cost, size, and complexity of adding a second screen might be less than adding the mechanical mechanism for the slider.

Posted via CB10
    What, regular Classic screen on the front and full size screen on the back? Feels like all that exposed screen would get scratched all to hell pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 12:06 AM
    I'm sure Slider will have virtual keyboard also. Which means I can use virtual keyboard for one hand use, take advantages of flicking, short cut reply to whatsapp & sms like app from notifications header and use physical keyboard for long and accurate emails.
    Also, as soon as I open the slide and start typing on physical keyboard, it'll start searching...Isn't that awesome (i hope this feature is included).
    I'm sure if the specs are better than Leap then I can consider buying it.

Posted via ZED TEN
    04-06-15 12:24 AM
    I won't be worrying about the mechanics of this slider since I've had a 9800 and it was the most solid sliding phone I've ever held. Without sacrificing the screen size for keyboard that I can still have it for entertainment, but having PKB at the same time. I really do think I'll enjoy it. That's why I am keeping my Q10 instead of getting a passport until the slider's out.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    05-20-15 08:37 PM
    There is NO market for this device. I hope Blackberry has had the good sense to kill it.

They should focus their energies on improving the current 10.2 version of BB10 and a Q10m2.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 01:39 PM
    maybe you could try one of the newer versions of the OS, like maybe 10.3.1
    05-21-15 01:55 PM
    There is NO market for this device. I hope Blackberry has had the good sense to kill it.

They should focus their energies on improving the current 10.2 version of BB10 and a Q10m2.

Posted via CB10
    Posts like this make me hope BlackBerry never releases another full touch slab. Or at least if they do it has worse specs than the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    05-21-15 04:33 PM
    I'm expecting it to have a clever touch-enabled keyboard like the Passport. Which will be a totally new combination of things in the smartphone world. Yes I would buy that.
    05-22-15 05:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Keep up. They already released 10.3.1..... to most of the world :-)
    05-22-15 05:39 AM
    Posts like this make me hope BlackBerry never releases another full touch slab. Or at least if they do it has worse specs than the Leap.
    Yeah, I get a bit vindictive and petty when people make those kinds of strong anti-slider anti-toolbelt statements. I won't repeat what I REALLY think of people with those attitudes, cuz I'll get banned, and I'm not ready for that yet... I'm all about BlackBerry making sure that their device portfolio covers all the bases and doesn't give any one the "short shrift" in terms of a device not having sufficient power or whatever... but I agree, when the anti-slider or anti-toolbelt crowd pop on to these topics and just try to slag the form factor, (because they may not get that NOT posting IS a valid option!) I think "I hope that the full-slab super device is delayed until 2018: they can suck on their Z30 until then!" (keeping in mind that the Z30 is a great device!) but then my pro-BlackBerry feelings take hold and I acknowledge that releasing a powerful full slab sooner rather than later is going to be better for BlackBerry Ltd., but ONLY so long as it doesn't delay the slider and they put the toolbelt on the slider, too, JUST to p*ss those folks off
    petetherocker likes this.
    05-22-15 01:05 PM
89 ... 234