I thought that the Passport was going to be the last BlackBerry I owned for a long time. Not at all in a bad way. I just thought this phone would last me for years. But that was because I had already given up hope that BlackBerry would ever release another phone with this form.

The 9800 is my all time favorite device to date. Not only is the form factor ridiculously cool, it's also very functional for me, as well. I work outside, and my hands get dirty sometimes. The slider form protects my keyboard from dirt and dust.

I'm very excited and BlackBerry is releasing the one and only phone that could put my Passport in the drawer.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:31 PM
    A slider with crazy specs? I'm in!

I used my Torch 9800 for almost three years and only upgraded to a Z10 because of battery life issues. That thing refuses to die. You can't break it. Was it laggy? Just a bit, which was my other issue with BBOS. But the device itself was built like a M1A2. In the Middle East it worked fine, as it did in Europe and the Caribbean. The camera was good enough that at least 1100 of the 2400 pictures I took while in Europe were from the Torch and the rest from my dSLR. And I display them as a screen saver on my 46" TV and the pics look great. It was my favorite device from the BBOS family, although the design of the Bold 9900 (what a beauty!) was my favorite.

If the build quality is at least as good as the Torch family and it doesn't have any issues with orientation (switching between portrait and landscape) like some Torch phones had, I'm all in.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, the Torch took a beating and still worked.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-10-15 02:07 AM
    Zlider, come thiz way... :-)

*** ZCB10 posted ***
    03-10-15 06:26 AM
    Prem, talk to your folks, get the ball rolling dude! That Foxconn deal, bro...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:28 AM
    I think the slider should fashion after the passport, a passport slider would be brilliant!

Z10
    I disagree. A slide that wide would be insane.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:55 PM
    Tool Belt was fine for the Torch. But they better not even consider a Tool Belt on this new Slider. It will be viewed as OLD LOOKING. If they did include a Tool Belt, I won't buy it. And many share my sentiments on the matter.

Just to let you know, this particular Slider may very well end up being the best selling BB10 smart phone in existence. Providing the spec's are right and the price is fair. If they overly price the Slider, sales may be slower until its priced fairly.

I am hoping for 2 versions of the slider. A 4.4" screen size and a 5.2" screen size. Both would serve as Z10 and Z30 replacements along with the many that will abandon other platforms in favour for this Slider.

And they have to have these devices available ASAP. Not this 5 to 8 months nonsense, I am talking about between April to June/July. ASAP. They need to catch the wave with these spec's before its too late.
    I agree about the no toolbelt. Those are old, ugly and useless.

And as for the 2 screen sizes, I was thinking more like 4.5" and 5" like this:

I thought sliders were done. What do you think?-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    03-17-15 06:59 PM
    Funny thing when the time before iphone came, I was planning to get a slider device since I've been with candy bars, flips, swivels and qwerty form factor. But when apple made its hit, it's all about apps and OS's. This time around I surely am going for a slider, just to complete the collection and that it's running BB10

"When life gives you blackberries... keep moving *****!"
    03-18-15 02:35 PM
    Guys, concerning the toolbelt, you are so selfish
    Put yourself in the shoes of a guy for which is hard to get a pair of gloves because of its fingers thickness the trackpad and answer/hangup are a real blessing !!

The browsing experience with the trackpad is just awesome !!!

Thanks for reading

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:19 AM
    Put yourself in the shoes of a guy for which is hard to get a pair of gloves because of its fingers thickness the trackpad and answer/hangup are a real blessing !!

Thanks for reading

Posted via CB10
    Shaq, is that you?!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:49 AM
    I want the slider and will probably buy it as long as I don't start enjoying using my new android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-19-15 07:18 AM
    I want the slider and will probably buy it as long as I don't start enjoying using my new android.

The New Samsung Galaxy S specs are intriguing. Wish a new Z30 would have them.
    But I will not sacrifice and go with a less intuitive Android OS over a superior BB10. Just can't do that now nor in the future.
    So they better make this slider worthy of competition
    mode_m and pttptppt like this.
    03-19-15 08:32 AM

Thanks for reading

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It should have the toolbelt at the bottom like the Torch.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:37 PM
    I agree. It should have the toolbelt at the bottom like the Torch.

Posted via CB10
    Pls no

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:07 PM
    Truly cannot wait. I've hoped and hoped they would actually make a slider, for me it is the perfect device. I am with the others, if I could load BB10 on either of my old Torches I would. Z30 is great, but GIVE ME A SLIDER!!

X

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:00 PM
    Pls no

Posted via CB10
    At least a trackpad, we need at least one visible button to annoy you full-touch people LOL

Seriously, I wonder if they could work out a virtual toolbelt. Something that could be turned on and off in settings. Maybe on the edge?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:27 PM
    Shaq, is that you?!

Posted via CB10
    No it's me Shrek

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:44 AM
    I have seen both sides of the world. I've used both on Blackberry. Currently, I use a z10 that I love. Could some explain to me what makes a physical keyboard better?
    I love the Z10 and Z30, as well. As a former 99** enthusiast, I understand why people like the physical keyboard, I really do -- what I don't see is the advantage of the slider. Sure, you have the physical keyboard along with the screen real estate of a touch device, but you're stuck with a thick, clunky device. I'd prefer a high-end successor to the Z30, and that's what I was hoping for at MWC.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    03-20-15 08:42 AM
    When BlackBerry passport was released many people thought it as another worst phone of BlackBerry but it turns out really well....
    Similarly slider will be a good device....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    When I first saw the passport I thought 'good god what an ugly phone'. After seeing some of the innovations that went into it, I found myself purchasing it within minutes of its announcement. I've been thrilled since then. Love this phone. The slider is something I will get when it comes out too. I love the concept.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:48 AM
    The problem with perception and sliders is that 90% of the sliders throughout cell phone history have been low-med end phones and rarely a high end phone- with that, as we know low and mid range phones suffer from general poor build quality- heck even high end phones do.

Having used a pre, 2 and 3 I can tell you- you can make a great sturdy slider- with OLED screens the added wt and thickness will be small.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:22 AM
    I will definitely buy it. I have a classic and had about every qwerty android and symbian slider. Combining a full screen with a keyboard is always a great thing! Although I'd prefer a landscape slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:43 AM
    A slider on a 5" slab is for me useless, I would buy without thinking twice a slider with a Q10 format.
    For me the >5" screen trend is something that will eventually fade and then people will be looking for a compromise between decent screen estate and extreme mobility.
    A Q10 format allows a 4.2" minimum with a concertino or retractable keyboard, and that in my opinion is unbeatable when it comes to mobility (as I keep using my Q10 for its one hand possibilities and keep my Passport as a mini tablet).
    I really hope BlackBerry will make another device that fits as nicely in the hand as the Q10 /9900 do, then a slider/retractable keyboard would really bring something new.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:23 AM
    I have seen both sides of the world. I've used both on Blackberry. Currently, I use a z10 that I love. Could some explain to me what makes a physical keyboard better? Because honestly, now that I have been tapping on glass for awhile...it just seems faster than I could ever do on a PKB. Is it just a personal preference of nostalgia. Or habit? Or can you actually text and scroll through information faster...and if so...how and why? Thank you in advance.

~Better with Blackberry~
    PKB typing is faster and more accurate

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:14 AM
    Definitely not his biggest mistake. Anyone I know that had the Torch, including myself, loved it. I don't know how many times I dropped that phone and it continues to work to this day. I have the Z30 now but before I got this I had the Z10 and cracked the screen so I used my Torch while the Z10 was out for repair. As long as they put the build quality into it it will be a great phone and I'll be there to buy one day one.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:45 AM
    Just take my money now.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-22-15 08:10 PM
    This slider is gonna make me come back to blackberry!

03-22-15 09:29 PM
89 1234