The slider looks pretty good. But is anyone of you guys gonna buy it? Does it have a bright future ahead? I thought sliders were done.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:36 PM
    I bought a Classic because I had no choice, it was either this or I go for an LG F3Q. There were no vertical sliders on the market to replace my Pre 3.

I might sell the Classic and buy this, otherwise my usual 4 year device lifecycle.
    03-03-15 12:39 PM
    As a business move, I'm not sure about it - on one hand it'll certainly stand out in a crowd, but on the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean it stands out in a way that makes people want it.

As a consumer, however? I sure as hell want one.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-03-15 12:42 PM
    Will buy as soon as it's available.
    03-03-15 12:45 PM
    I absolutely loved both of my Torches (9800 & 9810). I currently have the Z10 and will wait until the slider comes out to change phone. I will do this the first day that it is available.
    03-03-15 12:49 PM
    I think they appeal to gadget-lovers who like things that transform and click, however, there are drawbacks. The physical keyboard only works in portrait mode. If the slider mechanism loosens up like what plagued the Palm Pre then your phone will feel like it's falling apart - the Oreo effect. On PreCentral, users would go to Sprint to replace their Pre and go through box after box of new phones to find one that wasn't loose.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-03-15 12:59 PM
    I think they appeal to gadget-lovers who like things that transform and click, however, there are drawbacks. The physical keyboard only works in portrait mode. If the slider mechanism loosens up like what plagued the Palm Pre then your phone will feel like it's falling apart - the Oreo effect. On PreCentral, users would go to Sprint to replace their Pre and go through box after box of new phones to find one that wasn't loose.
    That's a long time ago. I had my Pre 3 for almost 4 years and never an oreo,
    03-03-15 01:03 PM
    Been waiting for it for a long time, definitely will buy it. I would never have an all touch phone unless there is no more pkb ( but hopefully that won't happen). Typing on glass all the time is not for me, if they make this phone with virtual keyboard as well I would be happy too because I will have more options.

Posted via CB10
    Michele Guzzini likes this.
    03-03-15 06:50 PM
    Slider will def have a virtual keyboard. Isn't that the point? Both options.
    03-03-15 06:57 PM
    I think there is a market for BlackBerry for this, it combines the PKB and a big Screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-03-15 07:07 PM
    the pre2 and esp the pre3 where solid phones- my release day sprint pre lasted me 2 years and was perfect.

I love sliders, glad I didn't day one buy the classic so I can just hold off for this.

Horizontal keyboards suck

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:13 PM
    Depending on how good it is, I am seriously considering it. I like my Q10, but this 1:1 aspect ratio is getting increasingly annoying. I want a phone that has a more vertical screen for running my Android apps and watching YouTube videos but I still want my BlackBerry physical keyboard.

I can't wait until it's released!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    RodolfoAP, uktivo and jakie55 like this.
    03-03-15 10:47 PM
    I had a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and that thing was built like a brick. I dropped it so many times and its slider mechanism stayed just as sturdy as it did when it came out of the box. However, I also had 3 other BlackBerry phones before my Q10 and none of them had the double typing issue like my phone right now (I'm on my fourth keyboard!!)... hopefully BlackBerry doesn't cut corners on the build quality!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-03-15 10:50 PM
    Seems a bit thick. I will reserve judgment until we get more information. Sticking with the trusty passport for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:51 PM
    As long as they don't announce anything dumb like "no microsd slot" I'll be getting it to replace my Q10

I've wanted this phone since BB10 was announced.
    03-04-15 12:02 AM
    When BlackBerry passport was released many people thought it as another worst phone of BlackBerry but it turns out really well....
    Similarly slider will be a good device....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    03-04-15 12:18 AM
    I have seen both sides of the world. I've used both on Blackberry. Currently, I use a z10 that I love. Could some explain to me what makes a physical keyboard better? Because honestly, now that I have been tapping on glass for awhile...it just seems faster than I could ever do on a PKB. Is it just a personal preference of nostalgia. Or habit? Or can you actually text and scroll through information faster...and if so...how and why? Thank you in advance.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-04-15 04:15 AM
    Not everyone should have rights to post this kinda thread. Are you crazy people have long waited for this device!

With diplomatic Passport
    03-04-15 04:40 AM
    Well, some thought flip phones are dead too. But it's making a comeback (in China, Japan and S.Korea anyway). While I'm not crazy about sliders, I'm totally hot for a flip phone. Having a slider phone is like best of both worlds, all touch + physical keyboard.
    However, I'm still occupied with my Passport. Not gonna give it up anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:49 AM
    I'll go out on a limb and say that making a slider is Chens biggest mistake to date.

They tend to be clunky, chunky, heavy, and bothersome. I'm guessing it will be more costly to produce, and likely more stuff to go wrong with it since it has a mechanical function to it.

Why would anybody want that?

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-04-15 05:54 AM
    Seems like everything BlackBerry makes nowadays is done
    03-04-15 05:59 AM
    I think the slider should fashion after the passport, a passport slider would be brilliant!

Z10
    croman likes this.
    03-04-15 06:01 AM
    The slider in today's world are rare. Sales aren't gonna be as expected. Slider by BlackBerry was a bad call! There are a few people who like sliders.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-04-15 07:42 AM
    There is a reason why most other smartphone companies have tried a tall portrait slider. This isn't going to appeal to a lot of people.
    03-04-15 07:53 AM
    I like it and I will buy one. Waiting will be a nightmare as usual. As far as this being a big seller? Probably not.
    03-04-15 08:01 AM
89 123 ...