I jumped on the Android bandwagon.

You can eventually learn to deal with it but it's no BB10. If I had to choose, it'll be BB10. File Manager, Web browser, Hub, music player, the way it deals with opening files such as pictures and videos throughout the OS, the way it downloads files just seems more better on BB10. It's very familar with Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I miss the fluidity of BB10. The gesture based UI makes it such a joy to use. Android seems slow and clunky and everything seems to take more steps to do in comparison.

Also multitasking switching in and out of apps is also a downfall.

If they can make Android fast, I'd love it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:58 AM
    I've been looking at the Asus Zenfone 2 and the Win10 Lumia 950
    Phones so I might try those out. Win10 looks promising
    Zenfone 2, sounds like a bad sequel, I wouldn't buy it. Lumia 950? What happened to the other 940 Lumias? I don't like the name, I wouldn't buy it either.

Just busting your chops. I would consider the 950 as well if BlackBerry gets out of hardware though, looks like a great piece of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:14 AM
    I'd go and take a cold shower if I were you.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:19 AM
    PRIV for privacy? Scr*w that because the majority of people don't give a dime and they're gonna sell their hearts and souls to the devil if they could get everything for free.

And that is the very attitude that needs to change. If people don't care about companies and governments invading their privacy, then the masses are truly as stupid as those same entities think they are. It is truly sad and people need to wake up. We are living in an idiocracy.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:16 AM
    I agree. I miss the fluidity of BB10. The gesture based UI makes it such a joy to use. Android seems slow and clunky and everything seems to take more steps to do in comparison.

Also multitasking switching in and out of apps is also a downfall.

If they can make Android fast, I'd love it.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 flat out sucks compared to real BlackBerry of days before.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I really miss the spinning hourglass and battery pulls.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:07 AM
    Yeah, I really miss the spinning hourglass and battery pulls.

Posted via CB10
    Never had that problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:18 AM
    Never had that problem.
    On legacy BBOS? That's impressive.
    10-18-15 10:22 AM
    On legacy BBOS? That's impressive.
    Out of all the years using legacy OS, I can count on one hand the number of times I had to pull the battery.

And frankly, I attribute that to Sprint. Boy, Sprint sucked.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:42 AM
    Never had that problem.

Posted via CB10
    Wish I had your luck. Between myself and my wife, we had 7 legacy devices, all of which had those problems. I have found my time with BB10 much more enjoyable.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:22 PM
    Wish I had your luck. Between myself and my wife, we had 7 legacy devices, all of which had those problems. I have found my time with BB10 much more enjoyable.

Posted via CB10
    I've never had any problems with either BBOS or BB10 smartphones hmm :/
    10-18-15 12:24 PM
    I jumped on the Android bandwagon.

You can eventually learn to deal with it but it's no BB10. If I had to choose, it'll be BB10. File Manager, Web browser, Hub, music player, the way it deals with opening files such as pictures and videos throughout the OS, the way it downloads files just seems more better on BB10. It's very familar with Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    There is no doubt that BlackBerry 10 is a better OS. Unfortunately, since that hasn't translated in sales, we have to take a step (or ten) back. I presume that loss in immediate producivity will be balanced out and some by the availability of apps. Perhaps over time we can get closer to the peek and flow experience found in BlackBerry 10.
    10-18-15 12:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is why they got here in the first place. I hated the old BB's. Nokia's symbian phones were much better.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 01:25 PM
    That's how it is in today's society sadly. As soon as you enter the WWW, your privacy is long gone unfortunately and it doesn't matter what phone or electronic device you use.

And that is the very attitude that needs to change. If people don't care about companies and governments invading their privacy, then the masses are truly as stupid as those same entities think they are. It is truly sad and people need to wake up. We are living in an idiocracy.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

10-18-15 07:44 PM
    That's the approach that BlackBerry is taking. They will secure the hell out of it to the best of their ability and throw in as much BB10 like functionality to drag as many BB10 fans as they can along. Then they'll hope and pray that it takes off.

That's why this phone, of all the latest BlackBerry releases with the exception of the Passport, has decent specs. They're putting their weight into this phone. BB10's days are numbered.

Posted via Z10
    Priv 'n Pray... ;-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 08:04 PM
    I'm sorry, but if you're going to not buy the phone based on what it's named, then you are sorely lacking in maturity level. What's in the samsung galaxy line of names? How about Apple's phones? LG? Motorola?

If you like the appeal of any phone, Priv included, the name shouldn't deter you from owning it. Or is it that you can't take some other immature people calling your phone an English loo? Because that's what I'm suspecting here. If that's what it is, then you have issues deeper than low self esteem.

Call it slider, call it venice, call it Aunt Cheryl if that makes you happy, but for all that's Holy, if your only reason to pass on this phone is based on it's name, good luck with life.

Posted via CB10
    You said her name was what? Priv? I'll pass......

I think I'm starting to feel it.-sexy-body-7.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 08:05 PM
    PRIV for privacy? Scr*w that because the majority of people don't give a dime and they're gonna sell their hearts and souls to the devil if they could get everything for free.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Truly zuckered in... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 08:05 PM
42 12