I think I'm warming up to Android powered Priv. Details are so friggn sparse but the Priv UI may not feel all that much different then BlackBerry 10.

If you have Hub and if it works the same as in BB10, then as I've said before, the screens with Apps are same. Icons that you can create folders with.

The only thing and it doesn't make that much a difference to me as I usually close out Apps as I'm done with them. Androids open Apps screen is terrible with its stacked cards layout!

For me, my focus is on browser experience first. I use firefox for browser. Followed by the HUB. That's it for me.

But to me HUB is the major difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 12:02 PM
    New video show the HUB now... no it doesn't work like BB10's did. But maybe it would be good enough?
    10-16-15 01:36 PM
    New video show the HUB now... no it doesn't work like BB10's did. But maybe it would be good enough?
    I seen the video and the way the hub works will be fine by me, it looks like there are plenty of swipe type actions to access the different notifications and so on, now just give me a date so I can buy mine.
    10-16-15 01:43 PM
    The HUB kinda works the same, just slower. Swiping diagonally (instead of up then right) gets you to the HUB straight away. The Priv you press in the middle then go diagonal. I don't think the video showed a swipe, that would make it even closer. Just wondering what's going to be available in the HUB. I only saw BBM, mail and calendar. Maybe they want to big bang everyone with all social media integration and Gmail.
    tosiopz likes this.
    10-16-15 01:43 PM
    Or maybe they screw it up and there's no such integration :facepalm:
    10-16-15 01:44 PM
    With age should come with more patience old man! Just hang in there

As much as I like the slider, I hate the name so it's a no for me unfortunately. I'm gonna wait for a second version when BlackBerry gets the naming right.

I seen the video and the way the hub works will be fine by me, it looks like there are plenty of swipe type actions to access the different notifications and so on, now just give me a date so I can buy mine.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    10-16-15 01:45 PM
    With age comes patience old man! Just hang in there

As much as I like the slider, I hate the name so it's a no for me unfortunately. I'm gonna wait for a second version when BlackBerry gets the naming right.

Lol, I already have the funds set aside and I want to be the first in line to click the "buy it now" tab on the Blackberry website.
    10-16-15 01:47 PM
    With age should come with more patience old man! Just hang in there

Too many think as you do... and there won't be a second version.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-16-15 01:54 PM
    As much as I like the slider, I hate the name so it's a no for me unfortunately
    I'm sorry, but if you're going to not buy the phone based on what it's named, then you are sorely lacking in maturity level. What's in the samsung galaxy line of names? How about Apple's phones? LG? Motorola?

If you like the appeal of any phone, Priv included, the name shouldn't deter you from owning it. Or is it that you can't take some other immature people calling your phone an English loo? Because that's what I'm suspecting here. If that's what it is, then you have issues deeper than low self esteem.

Call it slider, call it venice, call it Aunt Cheryl if that makes you happy, but for all that's Holy, if your only reason to pass on this phone is based on it's name, good luck with life.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 02:19 PM
    I felt it, groped it, felt it again and then....we can discuss the rest later.
    10-16-15 02:44 PM
    That's the approach that BlackBerry is taking. They will secure the hell out of it to the best of their ability and throw in as much BB10 like functionality to drag as many BB10 fans as they can along. Then they'll hope and pray that it takes off.

That's why this phone, of all the latest BlackBerry releases with the exception of the Passport, has decent specs. They're putting their weight into this phone. BB10's days are numbered.

Posted via Z10
    10-16-15 03:57 PM
    I have to admit I originally was just resigning myself to the fact that I need to switch to a different OS. Might as well get Priv since I like a keyboard. However, after seeing this new video, I actually am excited since things I like the most about OS10 seem to be incorporated into Priv.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-16-15 03:59 PM
    I have to admit I originally was just resigning myself to the fact that I need to switch to a different OS. Might as well get Priv since I like a keyboard. However, after seeing this new video, I actually am excited since things I like the most about OS10 seem to be incorporated into Priv.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts EXACTLY!
    10-16-15 04:03 PM
    Priv is not using the terrible stacked card open apps page, it has them arranged as Active Frames just like bb10 .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    anon(55900) likes this.
    10-16-15 04:29 PM
    Priv is not using the terrible stacked card open apps page, it has them arranged as Active Frames just like bb10 .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Excellent. They were smart in at least attempting to interest us BB10 loyalists!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a pretty slick video.

I still need to play with one. Looking good though.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-16-15 04:37 PM
    I have been a member from long ago and I have never posted nor cared for blackberry since my last one sometime in 2008... But I am excited about this one.

I believe in Blackberry's hardware build quality but never bought into their phone OS.

Since I have been fully embedded in the android ecosystem since 2010... the new Priv (stupid name) and the bkbry keyboard makes this phone a must-buy for me.

Hello forum.
    10-16-15 04:46 PM
    *double*
    10-16-15 04:47 PM
    Post link!
    10-16-15 06:02 PM
    As I've said in my previous posts, I buy things based on several factors: names, form factors and features. You know why I would never buy anything that another fruit company makes? Because I hate the names of their products that start with an "i" everything.
    Different strokes for different folks and that's how I am. I have stuck with BlackBerry through their ups and downs since the Bold 9900 and have been made fun of every time I pull out a BlackBerry 10 phone. Do I care what they say? Hell no. The thing I hate about BlackBerry is; if people are not complaining about something like the name Venice, then why the hell would you go and change it??? When people want BlackBerry to change something and what do you think they've done?? Absolutely nothing or they're too slow to adopt to changes!! PRIV for privacy? Scr*w that because the majority of people don't give a dime and they're gonna sell their hearts and souls to the devil if they could get everything for free.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to not buy the phone based on what it's named, then you are sorely lacking in maturity level. What's in the samsung galaxy line of names? How about Apple's phones? LG? Motorola?

If you like the appeal of any phone, Priv included, the name shouldn't deter you from owning it. Or is it that you can't take some other immature people calling your phone an English loo? Because that's what I'm suspecting here. If that's what it is, then you have issues deeper than low self esteem.

Call it slider, call it venice, call it Aunt Cheryl if that makes you happy, but for all that's Holy, if your only reason to pass on this phone is based on it's name, good luck with life.

Posted via CB10

Last edited by nhanken; 10-17-15 at 08:04 AM.
    10-17-15 07:47 AM
    It kind of does. Hit the button then up and to the right. I bet you can do it faster than they showed in the video.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:14 AM
    First of all, Venice was the code name of the product, like every other phone BlackBerry has made, as well as all other manufacturers make, they all go by codenames internally.

Secondly, I get about you wanting to choose phones based on certain criteria, but the name thing doesn't make sense sorry. If the phones you narrowed down to buy fit your pricepoint, features, and is everything you're looking for, the name shouldn't be a factor. Tell me one phone out right now where you like the name, and explain why...because I can't think of a single phone out right now that appeals to me name-wise

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 03:25 PM
    I've been looking at the Asus Zenfone 2 and the Win10 Lumia 950
    Phones so I might try those out. Win10 looks promising.

First of all, Venice was the code name of the product, like every other phone BlackBerry has made, as well as all other manufacturers make, they all go by codenames internally.

Secondly, I get about you wanting to choose phones based on certain criteria, but the name thing doesn't make sense sorry. If the phones you narrowed down to buy fit your pricepoint, features, and is everything you're looking for, the name shouldn't be a factor. Tell me one phone out right now where you like the name, and explain why...because I can't think of a single phone out right now that appeals to me name-wise

Posted via CB10

10-17-15 07:02 PM
    I think I'm warming up to Android powered Priv. Details are so friggn sparse but the Priv UI may not feel all that much different then BlackBerry 10.

If you have Hub and if it works the same as in BB10, then as I've said before, the screens with Apps are same. Icons that you can create folders with.

The only thing and it doesn't make that much a difference to me as I usually close out Apps as I'm done with them. Androids open Apps screen is terrible with its stacked cards layout!

For me, my focus is on browser experience first. I use firefox for browser. Followed by the HUB. That's it for me.

But to me HUB is the major difference.

Posted via CB10

I jumped on the Android bandwagon.

You can eventually learn to deal with it but it's no BB10. If I had to choose, it'll be BB10. File Manager, Web browser, Hub, music player, the way it deals with opening files such as pictures and videos throughout the OS, the way it downloads files just seems more better on BB10. It's very familar with Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:27 AM
    The thing I hate about BlackBerry is; if people are not complaining about something like the name Venice, then why the hell would you go and change it???
    Venice is a city that's slowly sinking, much like how people perceive BlackBerry.

PRIV, it is what it is. If it's successful then it won't matter.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-18-15 12:48 AM
42 12