i do not think this comparison is relevant here. if you are happy with PRIV by all means keep it. it is good phone.

I created this post for those PRIV owners who are thinking of switching from PRIV to KEYone but are not 100% sure yet.

To those people go ahead and switch to KEYone. KEYone is REALLY good. I spent $679+tax to purchase KEYone and I am very happy. No buyer remorse and no regrets. It is substantial upgrade over PRIV.

KEYone runs faster. Everything you do on KEYone just feels faster and more snappy.
    KEYone battery life is solid improvement over PRIV.
    KEYone camera is in a different league altogether. PRIV camera cannot compare. Not even close.
    KEYone physical keyboard is better than PRIV
    KEYone does not get as hot as PRIV
    Repetition. You said all this in your first post.

"So if you are happy with PRIV just keep it. PRIV is good but if you are thinking of upgrading from PRIV to KEYone just stop thinking and get KEYone. you will love it."

Gee thanks. To a Priv owner thinking of "upgrading" to the KEYone , I'd strongly suggest you try it out first. You need to realise how much smaller the screen is, and whether you are comfortable with the much less smooth scrolling, flicking, etc of the keyboard. Also remember that using the virtual keyboard makes the screen even smaller. So do try it out first before you splash out your £499.
    Oh, and check the label on the box to ensure the date is after July!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-17 01:27 PM
    First please do not speak to facts not in evidence. All I said was after you load the phone and delete things let us know how it is. I do not use a Priv as a full time driver, I use a Passport. I use my phone for work. Video is not important to me, I use my phone for work.

That said I have used a Keyone, it's a phone nothing special. But I will say this the comments about the Keyone do make me laugh. Reminds me when the Priv came out. Best phone ever, smooth.....just perfect. How soon the story changes.
    If you do not use priv as daily driver how can you have opinion on it vs keyone. I've been using priv for almost two years every day so I might know a little bit more about its shortcomings and strengths.

I am just saying that keyone is worthwhile upgrade from priv. KEYone is a very good phone.

By the way it hard for me to break that to you but KEYone or Priv or Dtek60 and 50 are much better devices for work than passport ever was. Unfortunately lack of app support is a total killer of productivity. Android phones can do so much more and so much better than BB10 ever could. I know that because I owned z10 and z30.
    Last edited by bitek; 08-22-17 at 02:14 PM.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-22-17 02:03 PM
    Repetition. You said all this in your first post.

"So if you are happy with PRIV just keep it. PRIV is good but if you are thinking of upgrading from PRIV to KEYone just stop thinking and get KEYone. you will love it."

Gee thanks. To a Priv owner thinking of "upgrading" to the KEYone , I'd strongly suggest you try it out first. You need to realise how much smaller the screen is, and whether you are comfortable with the much less smooth scrolling, flicking, etc of the keyboard. Also remember that using the virtual keyboard makes the screen even smaller. So do try it out first before you splash out your £499.
    Oh, and check the label on the box to ensure the date is after July!

Posted via CB10
    You do not use virtual keyboard with KEYone. Only for special characters. KEYone is optimized for physical keyboard.
    08-22-17 02:05 PM
    If you do not use priv as daily driver how can you have opinion on it vs keyone. I've been using priv for almost two years every day so I might know a little bit more about its shortcomings and strengths.

I am just saying that keyone is worthwhile upgrade from priv. KEYone is a very good phone.

By the way it hard for me to break that to you but KEYone or Priv or Dtek60 and 50 are much better devices for work than passport ever was. Unfortunately lack of app support is a total killer of productivity. Android phones can do so much more and so much better than BB10 ever could. I know that because I owned z10 and z30.
    Ok.........
    08-22-17 04:07 PM
    The reviews do not lie. This is awesome phone. It is upgrade worthy improvement over PRIV.

If you are debating switching to KEYone I would say do it.

1. KEYone is faster than PRIV. Everything just seems to run much smoother. PRIV has that hesitation which is not present on KEYone

2. KEYone has much faster camera. I never liked camera on PRIV.

3. KEYone battery is better.

4. KEYone keyboard is better. When I tried KEYone in store I did not like it but now that I have the phone I can say without hesitation that it is better.

The phone is awesome so far.

I thought that I will have hard time switching to smaller screen but actually watching videos and playing some occasional games is perfectly fine on KEYone.
    1) KEYone is faster than Priv because the screen is much smaller. Not as much real estate to fill.

2) Camera on Priv is a good camera. Front camera is anemic, but most people could care a less about the front camera.

3) KEYone battery is better. That's about the only reason to switch.

4) KEYone keyboard is better...but when it starts to fail, you have no option but to deal with it or get it fixed or replaced. And physical keyboards always fail over time...certain keys start to stick or not function at all. That's the beauty of the Priv...has physical and virtual.

Not saying the KEYone isn't a good handset...it looks great, especially that slick all black one, but the Priv has its appeal.
    08-22-17 07:49 PM
    LOL! You all are hilarious! The PRIV camera sucks compared to all flagships that came after it. The reason it sucks is how slow it is to capture images and how slow the app takes to open. Some users have been able to take good photos, but for the majority who just need it to point and shoot, it's a disappointment. And the selfie camera sucks balls too! lol.

There's really only 2 things that the PRIV has over the KEYone. It's the screen size and the slider.

I just wish there would be a PRIV replacement with much better internals and better quality control, but sadly it probably will never happen.
    Funny. DxOMark scores the Priv 85, the LG G6 84. For reference.
    08-22-17 10:33 PM
    As to speed, the camera app will open and you can focus and shoot in under 3 seconds. That's up there with some "current" Flagships.

It isn't great vs some. Agreed. But it's within flagship range.

It does this with PDAF......something some don't have.
    08-22-17 10:39 PM
    You do not use virtual keyboard with KEYone. Only for special characters. KEYone is optimized for physical keyboard.
    Virtual keyboard is available for Keyone in Settings. Of course not much point in using it unless you have issues with your physical keyboard.
    The immediate choice of both PKB and VKB makes Priv unique and a beautiful design classic.
    08-23-17 03:46 AM
    Virtual keyboard is available for Keyone in Settings. Of course not much point in using it unless you have issues with your physical keyboard.
    The immediate choice of both PKB and VKB makes Priv unique and a beautiful design classic.
    I know virtual keyboard can be enabled but it is pointless to use on KEYone. When I had PRIV I found myself gradually over time to use less and less virtual keyboard and more and more physical keyboard. But you are absolutely right that the strength of PRIV is immersion availability of both physical and virtual keywords
    08-23-17 03:49 AM
    I know virtual keyboard can be enabled but it is pointless to use on KEYone. When I had PRIV I found myself gradually over time to use less and less virtual keyboard and more and more physical keyboard. But you are absolutely right that the strength of PRIV is immersion availability of both physical and virtual keywords
    Which is why TCL should bring back this design...we can only hope
    08-23-17 06:04 AM
    Which is why TCL should bring back this design...we can only hope
    Why not the more the better. PRIV did not do well because of high price. TLC has proven with KEYone that It can make very good phone for reasonable price. I do feel that $679CAN for KEYone is fair price given all the features and great overall package. I just hope more people will try out this phone. I think most of them will love it!
    08-23-17 07:46 AM
    So interesting that I never claimed it was a good as the KeyOne's camera, I have no idea, I just said mine works fine with no lag and I can take good images with it, and I'm a photographer. Here's one from today.

I took this picture yesterday with KEYone.
    08-23-17 07:48 AM
    What is talk over ?

I am on Rogers in Canada. I only used the phone for 1 day so I cannot really comment on reception.
    A few hours on the phone, and you want to review, ok thank you, come back after a solid 30 days please and then come back and review, you just have new phone fever. LOL!
    08-23-17 07:51 AM
    Why not the more the better. PRIV did not do well because of high price. TLC has proven with KEYone that It can make very good phone for reasonable price. I do feel that $679CAN for KEYone is fair price given all the features and great overall package. I just hope more people will try out this phone. I think most of them will love it!
    Of course all BB fans would want a Priv 2, question is, would TCL take on that project based on Priv sales.
    08-23-17 07:53 AM
    Yeah, I am aware the KeyOne is faster in some ways, and has better battery life. I just hate comments about a laggy, bad camera, or lags in genral, when most often it is related to some app, or the way someone has their phone configured. I don't experience lags with the camera on my Priv, or lags in general, so it is impossible that it is simply the Priv at fault. Legitimate comparisons I can agree with perfectly of they have merit.

I think the KeyOne is a really good phone. I prefer the slider for many reason, but there are very compelling arguments to be made for the KeyOne form factor. It reminds me of my old Bold. I hope Blackberry continues to make phones like it, as well as sliders like the Priv.

Sorry if I came off to strong regarding the KeyOne, I honestly think it is great.
    The main culprit for any lagging on the Quay one is Facebook and Facebook Messenger but WhatsApp seems to be ok
    08-23-17 08:01 AM
    Of course all BB fans would want a Priv 2, question is, would TCL take on that project based on Priv sales.
    PRIV did not sell well because
    1. It was priced high
    2. It was first BlackBerry phone so it was not the best experience at the release and reviews were average. Now BlackBerry has learnt a lot and android / BlackBerry is awesome. I just love KEYone.
    08-23-17 08:10 AM
    1. It was priced high
    2. It was first BlackBerry phone so it was not the best experience at the release and reviews were average. Now BlackBerry has learnt a lot and android / BlackBerry is awesome. I just love KEYone.
    I hope TCL knows that the reasons you mentioned are the real causes for the Priv's "commercial failure", and NOT because of the fact that it's a slider phone.
    08-23-17 08:17 AM
    I hope TCL knows that the reasons you mentioned are the real causes for the Priv's "commercial failure", and NOT because of the fact that it's a slider phone.
    If TLC is happy with sales and I think it is we will see more BlackBerry phones.
    08-23-17 08:18 AM
    Well, I shot through a telescope for one. Secondly, yours is overexposed. The camera exposes for approximately 18-19% grey. There is so much darkness in your shot that the light part is overexposed. You should have used the exposure compensation to dial in less exposure. Focus may be a problem too, hard to tell,

I used a combination of auto exposure and on some I had to compensate using the control at the bottom of the screen. Not hard, but it helps to know the basics of photography. Once you understand what the camera is actually doing, it is easier to compensate for difficult conditions, like backlighting, and situations like this.
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't get the phone to focus properly no matter where I set the exposure. I was at work and didn't bring my 4" reflector telescope. Stupid me. And I do have a solar lens, but couldn't find it. Been a couple o f years since I last did some gazing.

I love your shot.
    PHughes likes this.
    08-23-17 09:14 AM
    A few hours on the phone, and you want to review, ok thank you, come back after a solid 30 days please and then come back and review, you just have new phone fever. LOL!
    2 days now actually...
    08-23-17 03:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't get the phone to focus properly no matter where I set the exposure. I was at work and didn't bring my 4" reflector telescope. Stupid me. And I do have a solar lens, but couldn't find it. Been a couple o f years since I last did some gazing.

I love your shot.
    Thanks. I haven't done much for a few years as well. I used an 8 inch Dob for that show with a 2 inch 32mm eyepiece. That made it pretty easy to shoot afocally with the phone.

It is tough to get the exposure right when you are dealing with such a small bright target like the Sun, using the phone without any magnification. Did you touch the image of the Sun to have the camera expose and focus for that area?
    08-24-17 11:57 AM
    The main culprit for any lagging on the Quay one is Facebook and Facebook Messenger but WhatsApp seems to be ok
    I use all three apps but have no lag. FB is a horrible app though. I have background cellular data for it restricted, and do not leave it in the recents screen.
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    08-24-17 12:00 PM
    1. It was priced high
    One of the biggest reasons it didn't sell well in the states, for AT&T anyway, is that the reps in the AT&T stores pretty much shunned it, in my personal experience anyway.

Interestingly, when I was looking for a phone to replace my Passport, I looked at the Lumia 950xl, the iPhone and the Priv. The sales rep asked how I like the Passport, and I of course loved it. She said she had one as a demo for a while, and though she didn't really have anything negative to say about it, she didn't really get used to it. I showed her what it could do, regarding the swipe gestures, showing how easy it was to navigate between apps and the hub, and she was shocked. She gained a whole new respect for the phone. She said she never learned all that and seeing me do it made it look so easy. It is too bad that Blackberry was unable to convey this to those selling their product, and even more shameful that they were unable to get reviewers to understand this. The same holds true for the Priv. I did not buy a Priv then, but later bought mine direct from Blackberry.
    08-24-17 12:01 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a268bed24.jpg

Not meaning to be rude, but were you using this as a good example of...?
    (For full discloser, I'm also a photographer, so I may be looking at this differently)
    08-24-17 12:22 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a268bed24.jpg

Im no expert but this picture doesn't look too good lol
    08-24-17 12:27 PM
56 123