I figure this could be a good topic since I consider myself pretty fair and I'm curious who else had similar experiences and plans to take my same course of action.

I was coming from a passport. I love that phone, it's been great to me. The focus issues on the camera suck but all in all, the phone was/is a beast for me. Do I still want android apps with no google services or other issues? You bet I do, and I'd prefer not having to do cobalt's workaround. But right now, during a period of crunch time at work, I could not sacrifice the dependability of my passport to fully transition over to my priv full time. Yet. I still have faith.

In a nutshell, my issues revolved around hub, phone heat, and wifi/hotspot.

My hub was terribly glitchy. Emails staying marked unread, when I'd select to go into a group chat, it asked me if I wanted to delete the conversation, tons of sync issues with my exchange account, was relying more on outlook app. Calendar syncing was doing fine. Lastly, my contacts were all out of whack. Some of this might be considered minor but when you're coming from the passport and every above worked flawlessly keeping me super productive? It's a big problem for me.

The battery life I was getting was OK, it made it through my 12 hour days and got me home with my 30-40% like my passport did. But damn, when I was working or using apps actively, the heat was way too much for my liking. I thought it was going to explode. I tried giving this issue the full two weeks (return time for ATT) to settle but it never stopped. This wouldn't have necessarily been a deal breaker for me but when combined with the hub issues, it made my decision easier.

Lastly, my wifi signal was weak and mobile hotspot, which I use a ton for work as I can be all over NYC on a given day, needing to pull out my laptop and gain internet access, was working some days, not working on others. As a result, every day the past two weeks I was bringing my passport along as well and sure enough ended up needing to switch my sim most days into the PP in order to take care of an important task.

When I looked at all three issues objectively, as much as I wanted to try and stick it out, I decided I would return it today and wait until I hear better feedback in the coming months and updates. ATT was very helpful, hopefully shopblackberry will be easy returning my hard shell.

All in all, I still love what the phone is supposed to be and I have every intention of grabbing it again as more feedback continues to roll in and improvements made. But for now, I had to stick to my PP. My friends/family are gonna make fun of me nonstop for returning the phone I was hyping up for months. Oh well.

Anyone else find themselves in a similar position? I assume there are plenty of others out there that didn't face the same issues I was having?
    kertong likes this.
    11-18-15 03:15 PM
    There is a thread for this.
    russphil likes this.
    11-18-15 03:18 PM
    If it didn't meet your needs.... you made the right move.

Maybe they push out a software fix, and maybe they don't. I kinda regret not returning my work Z10 and waiting for the optimizations.... that never came.
    kertong likes this.
    11-18-15 03:19 PM
    There is a thread for this.
    ah crap you're right, my mistake, I was just disappointed after returning it I came to post right away. I'll post it in there. Am I able to delete this or do the mods have to?
    11-18-15 03:21 PM
    Mods can close it out. They don't generally delete threads.
    11-18-15 03:23 PM
    Hub glitchyness is a known issue usually from two sources. First, you have to search Play Store and manually update things like Hub and Services since it does not auto update ANY of the BlackBerry apps.

Second, the content transfer app screws up settings and causes battery drain, slow Hub performance, and sync issues.
    After clearing the data of BlackBerry Services to wipe the Hub, and adding my accounts manually, all of my problems stopped.

Hub now opens instantly, both emails and SMS pop up instantly, and I get 5.5-6hrs Screen On Time easily making it through a 12+ hour work day of heavy use.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-18-15 03:23 PM
    Hub glitchyness is a known issue usually from two sources. First, you have to search Play Store and manually update things like Hub and Services since it does not auto update ANY of the BlackBerry apps.

Second, the content transfer app screws up settings and causes battery drain, slow Hub performance, and sync issues.
    After clearing the data of BlackBerry Services to wipe the Hub, and adding my accounts manually, all of my problems stopped.

Hub now opens instantly, both emails and SMS pop up instantly, and I get 5.5-6hrs Screen On Time easily making it through a 12+ hour work day of heavy use.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    I did the updates immediately and did my content transfer through my sd card right away. I waited patiently for the problems to fix after settling in but it never came.

Deremi thanks.
    11-18-15 03:26 PM
    Yes OP please continue in the existing thread thanks
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    11-18-15 03:28 PM