So all I can say is I am reluctant. I have a passport I love. Been a blackberry fan forever

So I buy a 500 dollar playbook. What's it worth today? Probably 60 bucks on ebay. It was an excellent device.

Why wouldn't the same happen with the priv?

If this last try fails, you won't be able to give away the 700 dollar phone

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 04:05 PM
    Wow 699 and you guys complaining about the price and I bought here in Canada for 899 + tax that's 1072 bucks in total. I think 699 is very good price point when you buy it for 899. I wish they sold it here in Canada for 699 I may have bought two devices rather than one

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:19 PM
    $699 is nothing to me and that's exactly why I'm the target market and you're not.

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    10-28-15 07:31 PM
    $699 is nothing to me and that's exactly why I'm the target market and you're not.

Posted via CB10
    Really man? What's your problem? You seem like the type of person who look down on people for having average jobs.

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    10-28-15 08:03 PM
    Iphone costs more and sucks. Priv is great and is a slider with excellent hardware. I don't get this debate

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    nokia4life likes this.
    10-28-15 08:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree, for most that want a rich device it's not that big of deal. How many iphone users ***** about paying even more for a lot less.

10-28-15 08:20 PM
    Iphone costs more and sucks. Priv is great and is a slider with excellent hardware. I don't get this debate

I use iPhone 6s+ and you are correct but that will be on the shelf while i test drive this phone I just preordered with that brown leather BB case or pouch deal, i think this phone is going to be really nice and its different everyone else will have the same phones only a select few will own this I have no regret for buying.
    10-28-15 08:21 PM
    I think this phone is going to be really nice and its different everyone else will have the same phones only a select few will own this I have no regret for buying.
    Exactly! They don't call it PRIVILEGE for nothing

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:33 PM
    I was discussing with a BlackBerry employee the other day, an brought up the same thing. They just kept saying that the phone hardware is as good if not better than anything out there.

I really don't think they took into account that they have no leverage in the phone world any more.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 11:18 PM

I agree, but apple has something which BlackBerry doesn't have. Reputation and customer satisfaction!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:22 AM
    Here's the issue - Blackberry's average sales price was $240 in Q1 2016 (which was up from $182 because they are selling far fewer phones and thus proportionally more newer ones). They are now moving into the $700 range which is occupied SOLELY by Apple with an average selling price of $649 (while Samsung has some flagship phones at that pricing, their average is below $300). It takes a lot of confidence by consumers to spend $699 on a phone - confidence it's a good value (which the Priv is not), confidence the manufacturer will support the phone with updates (which Blackberry has a horrendous reputation with historically), and confidence the manufacturer is in it for the long haul (which is pretty clear Blackberry is not and why Microsoft phone sales have plummeted too).

The Priv is an ill-timed, much too expensive phone for a seller with the poor reputation of Blackberry to introduce. They would have fared much better with a partnership phone with Samsung or Huawei in my view.
    Average selling price. Which phone is listed for $240 ?. Most of phones will be sold through carriers at subsidized prices. Maybe that is why blackberry price is higher on website so it does not compete with carriers directly.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 11:52 AM
86 ... 234