I'm totally confused about all the Priv phones and if they are a pure, unlocked sold at BB.com vs all the ATT Priv's which are apparently selling on Amazon/NewEgg/eBay?

Are the ATT unlocked phones jimmied some how?

People are saying it cannot be updated unless it has an activated ATT simm card, or Autoloader.

Are the radios available on both Priv's identical?

If you could choose would it really make any difference which phone you bought hardware or OS' wise?

Right now price wise the unlocked ATT privs have a much more attractive price but is it going to be seriously limited by being an Ex-ATT Priv with a wankered up OS or hardware vs the pure unlocked Priv?

Is there truly a pure unlocked Priv??
    05-03-16 07:25 PM
    The one on NewEgg is an AT&T one with the unlock code paperwork attached. Just add a Sim of your choice and unlock it. But updates may be a challenge...not sure if without AT&T Sim will allow the mm update though.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 07:50 PM
    If you care about getting OS updates right away, stay away from the ATT unlocked Privs. You won't be able to update the OS with just any carrier's SIM, you need an active AT&T SIM to do so, or wait for the AT&T OS autoloader to become available, in which case your phone will get wiped during the autoloader process.

The best way to get a true OEM, unlocked Priv, is by buying direct from ShopBlackBerry or from Amazon as long as it's sold by Amazon and not some other seller. Now I'm not saying that other sellers on Amazon aren't selling OEM, unlocked Privs, but I would make sure to check with the seller and get them to confirm it before making the purchase. There is clearly a proliferation of AT&Ts out there right now in that $400 range so it's best to do your research if you don't want one of those.

For me, it's totally worth it to pay $200 more for the OEM unlocked devices to ensure that I'm getting the latest and most current OS updates directly from BB.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-03-16 08:51 PM